Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #61
FTGAutosalvage
Commercial Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus
How many red ones are left now?
this one still exists, and is still repairable if the owner wants to throw the 15 to 20k at it to fix it.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:41 PM   #62
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTGAutosalvage
this one still exists, and is still repairable if the owner wants to throw the 15 to 20k at it to fix it.
couldn't see the roof for a buckle .. maybe just a front would fix it. To make it worthwhile to fix it you would need to pick up the wreck for bugger all.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:42 PM   #63
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
couldn't see the roof for a buckle .. maybe just a front would fix it. To make it worthwhile to fix it you would need to pick up the wreck for bugger all.
Might offer it for sale here if it ends up being an option........
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 10-12-2007, 10:44 PM   #64
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Sorry read Jamie.... not the right time so hope the bro inlaw is safe..
As with the engine... if it looks that way i have the $$$
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 10-12-2007, 10:47 PM   #65
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Sorry read Jamie.... not the right time so hope the bro inlaw is safe..
As with the engine... if it looks that way i have the $$$
Buy mine then mate! lol

Nah, he is ok- until his old man gets hold of him I would suggest. Lucky he's two hours away at the moment, as I would have words myself........
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 10-12-2007, 10:47 PM   #66
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Put a dampener on me going to the drags myself tonight......
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 10-12-2007, 10:49 PM   #67
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
Might offer it for sale here if it ends up being an option........
I was thinking of getting a t3 ...and a cheap one but I think that one is beyond me !

In the end it's a car, he is more important and I am sure you will be making sure he realises what he has done.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:53 PM   #68
HOON69
Banned

what a waste of a prefect ride.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:54 PM   #69
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Everything up to this point has been speculation from a biased source (given the accident was outside his house), whether it's true or not. Until then, I will just see how this unfolds.......

Keep on going with how truly shattering the loss of one of Ford's greatest cars really is- he needs to understand.
Mate, I understand it's your brother-in-law, and we don't expect you to comment... But we have just as much right to comment on an apparent act (whether he was drunk or not, he was obviously going pretty damn fast in a residential area, look at the damn car!) as you do to defend your brother-in-law.

No one's asking you to like it, hell, no one's even making you read it... But as you said mate, it's a shattering loss... Glad to hear he is ok too, he's a very lucky man from the looks of things...
Old 10-12-2007, 11:02 PM   #70
t2te50
Banned

How old is the BRAT? Must have been writing sms or putting a cd into the stacker or something silly like that. I could understand if it happened in the wet but thats fU%^ED!
Clubsports you can bend but T series you just can't, there just isn't enough to go around. Auto or manual?
Old 10-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #71
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tumpy
Mate, I understand it's your brother-in-law, and we don't expect you to comment... But we have just as much right to comment on an apparent act (whether he was drunk or not, he was obviously going pretty damn fast in a residential area, look at the damn car!) as you do to defend your brother-in-law.

No one's asking you to like it, hell, no one's even making you read it... But as you said mate, it's a shattering loss... Glad to hear he is ok too, he's a very lucky man from the looks of things...
Reread what Jamie just wrote he's held his form true to his personallity an all round good guy.. Its family and you expect him to not atleast stand to defend his family nowhere did I see him state he didnt like it and as for reading it , well you cant just sit pretty now can you....
Been to WA mate, theres alot of places where 70k's is sign posted with houses around. theres even a sign posted 90km/hr sign around the corner from me leading to an industrial area with houses ON the same street
Quote:
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 10-12-2007, 11:08 PM   #72
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:

the thing is, I'm not sure and you don't know- it's two different things.

I am welcoming the opinions of people who will reinforce what a tragic loss of a fine car is so he understands, as (and more importantly) the opinions of those who will reiterate how lucky he is to be alive and that no-ne else was hurt, as this is extremely fortunate.

I don't like it one buit, I am very disappointed in him, but I am unsure about the speciffics of what happened so I can't comment. It may turn out that suspicions are confirmed, but unless you saw what happened, you are hardly in a better position than me to make this comment.

I can't and won't stop this thread as I think he needs to see it, but I would APPRECIATE if we could lay off the character comments until I know what happened myself- if it is the case, I will join you in your lynching, as it affects more people than just himself- something I am not sure he will understand right now........
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 10-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #73
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
In the end it's a car, he is more important and I am sure you will be making sure he realises what he has done.
That is the most leval headed comment I've read in this thread.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #74
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
Seriously who owns THAT and doesn't insure it.

Exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #75
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2te50
How old is the BRAT? Must have been writing sms or putting a cd into the stacker or something silly like that. I could understand if it happened in the wet but thats fU%^ED!
Clubsports you can bend but T series you just can't, there just isn't enough to go around. Auto or manual?
People who do not frequent the T Series Appreciation room, wouldn't understand what a tool you are, so I would ask you politely just to *go away* unless you have something worthy to contribute

I would almnost guess that the loss of this car is as tragic and equal to you owning one yourself.

For the record it was a manual.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 10-12-2007, 11:15 PM   #76
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
That is the most leval headed comment I've read in this thread.
And never a truer word spoken.....
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 10-12-2007, 11:16 PM   #77
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate, as I said... There's nothing wrong with you defending your brother-in-law, but whether it is based on speculation or not, you have no right to say what we can and can't say about the accident.

The bottom line is, he had a car that most of us would kill for, and he has obviously not treated it the way it deserved to be treated, or he would'nt have crash the bloody thing into a great big gum tree!
Old 10-12-2007, 11:17 PM   #78
bingoTE50
Steve

One of lifes lessons ! Been there done it . A real pity about the car .
These sorts of things have been happening since the original model T , doesn't make it right , but at least no-one was killed , surely thats worth more than the car .
Old 10-12-2007, 11:20 PM   #79
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Quote:
People who do not frequent the T Series Appreciation room, wouldn't understand what a tool you are, so I would ask you politely just to *go away* unless you have something worthy to contribute
One million sperm and he HAD to win the race...
My $100 bucks worth
Quote:

Last edited by svo347; 10-12-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:21 PM   #80
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Mate, as I said... There's nothing wrong with you defending your brother-in-law, but whether it is based on speculation or not, you have no right to say what we can and can't say about the accident.

The bottom line is, he had a car that most of us would kill for, and he has obviously not treated it the way it deserved to be treated, or he would'nt have crash the bloody thing into a great big gum tree!
Hang on- AGAIN- I said I would appreciate it, not don't do it.

I have been here for a while and seem to have respect from people who would almsot see me as a diplomat, as this situation would require me to be from a family POV.

Now, as I said, I MYSELF, as a passionate owner of one of these fine cars, who has worked my ring out to get and keep this car, can well appreciate the gravity of the situation.

Again, I would appreciate (note the word appreciate and it's intended meaning) avoiding character comments until we know what happened.

I will update with factual information should the record need to be set straight.

Could you ask me for more co-operation than that?
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 10-12-2007, 11:21 PM   #81
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:

How did it deserve anything???It's a CAR.

if I had a t3 it would be getting regular thrashings at the drags and track days and whenever I felt like it.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:26 PM   #82
t2te50
Banned

I'm just like everyone else trying to fill the blanks in the puzzle. Can't see whats so offensive about calling someone a brat? I'll clean some of the T members mouthes out with soap in Febuary : , very unrefined bit like their motor vehicles lol.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:27 PM   #83
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hang on- AGAIN- I said I would appreciate it, not don't do it.

I have been here for a while and seem to have respect from people who would almsot see me as a diplomat, as this situation would require me to be from a family POV.

Now, as I said, I MYSELF, as a passionate owner of one of these fine cars, who has worked my ring out to get and keep this car, can well appreciate the gravity of the situation.

Again, I would appreciate (note the word appreciate and it's intended meaning) avoiding character comments until we know what happened.

I will update with factual information should the record need to be set straight.

Could you ask me for more co-operation than that?

Fair enough mate... Sorry for the misunderstanding...
Old 10-12-2007, 11:29 PM   #84
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Can't see whats so offensive about calling someone a brat? I'll clean some of the T members mouthes out with soap in Febuary : , very unrefined bit like their motor vehicles lol.
And I ddin't mean to offend you by calling you a tool :
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 10-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #85
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Quote:
I'm just like everyone else trying to fill the blanks in the puzzle. Can't see whats so offensive about calling someone a brat? I'll clean some of the T members mouthes out with soap in Febuary : , very unrefined bit like their motor vehicles lol.
Ease up Turbo not with a 14.352 q/m :togo:
Quote:
Old 10-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #86
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Fair enough mate... Sorry for the misunderstanding...
Thanks mate
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 10-12-2007, 11:31 PM   #87
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
How did it deserve anything???It's a CAR.

if I had a t3 it would be getting regular thrashings at the drags and track days
Nothing wrong with putting a car on a race track... Driving it like you're on a race track in the suburbs is a bloody joke...

Quote:
and whenever I felt like it.
With that attitude I'd expect to find you behind the wheel a VN/VP V6 buddy...
Old 10-12-2007, 11:31 PM   #88
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
No ....... its the
Quote:
Must have been writing sms or putting a cd into the stacker or something silly like that. I could understand if it happened in the wet but thats fU%^ED!
that would do it!

It must have been? By the pics you can say that? I could think of many circumstances that may have caused it but am willing to see what the fall out is. I am sure the reasons will be forth coming if its warranted. Think before you type ........?

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-12-2007, 11:31 PM   #89
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Quote:
And I ddin't mean to offend you by calling you a tool :
Upon doin a post search..... He is :
Quote:
Old 10-12-2007, 11:32 PM   #90
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

You gotta hate those wondering gum trees!

Glad to see that no one was hurt that is the important bit. The car can be rebuilt, thankfully only injury is pride.

Hard lessons learned as well. Easy to to be critical, have all of those on their high horse never made a mistake?

I have to agree with the comments about insurance. What if you hit new S55 or tip a truck over. Then is not $40k worth of TE it's $400k. Full comp insurance is optional, but unless you have millions, you have to have 3rd party