Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-12-2007, 10:27 AM   #61
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtp 2003
ever since they(holden)bought out the v6, young people always have wanted commodores, because theyre punchier off the line and look good( good to them anyway) when theyre slightly modified. the 4.1 and more so the n/a 4.0 litre have always been good smooth mid range to top end engines, but dont have the kick of the v6 down low, thats prob the reason why young kids like holdens over fords.
You still get the 202 crew though with their VK screaming all the way to 4000rpm in an attempt to catch up.

I can attest that the V6 Commo's feel punchier off the line but by god they are scary at high speed. I don't know if all are like this but at 160 my mates V6 was bouncing all over the road I was deadset scared off my nut. Even my parents 68 XT didn't feel that uncomposed. Add to that the damn roof trim that was flapping everywhere and I wanted to get out of the car. Even my old XE felt better at high speed EVEN a mates Daihatsu.

I don't know about the "power" of a V6 either I have NEVER been embarassed by a V6 Commodore even in the old Laser but the Commos do feel like they are going fast believe that.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #62
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
.....WHen I blew the pussy thing away {I was gone before he got the clutch out I hit the brakes and wound the window down to tell him to take the HOS home but his lovely misses beat me to it,that'll teach him she said and then I better get him to take me home before he embarrases me again.I could only agree but added before he kills you......

......Like I said to my son if he ever has an accident with anyone in the car I'll K H A U T H nose bleeds.

I hope you aren't asking your son to follow your lead.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2007, 12:08 PM   #63
theunfairadvant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Granted, but given that Australia buys nearly 1 million cars per year and only 13 million of us have a driving licence, most cars thesedays that I see in Sydney are less than 10 years old.

I virtually never see an XF, pretty rare to see anything before an EF, only see a VL or VP occasionally as well.

Simply put, Ford may have sold more, but most of the older cars, regardless of make, are on the scrap heap. I would also imagine that there are more registered Commodores than Falcons, given that for the last ten years Holden have been on top of the sales race.
I see a lot of XF here in where i lived,you live in the Nth
so there is more new cars there than old.
theunfairadvant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post