Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-12-2011, 07:19 AM   #61
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Queensland police trial new hand-held speed cameras that automatically issue tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by patxbcoupe
But whats the solution? You can vote the government out again, but the next one will come in, and will have a need to milk the motorist to help pay for all their election promises. Its a never ending merry-go-round.

The Governments of Australia are getting away with far too much, federal and state governments are constantly sinking to new lows to fleece the people to pay for their screwed up failed projects and cost blow outs, and its time the people rose up to stop the rot, but it takes a nation of millions to stand together, not for a few to stand up and for the others to sit back and watch, so nothing will happen.

How do we change this, who knows.

Totally agreed with this comment above, the main point of this thread is that unfortunately we are being fleeced more and more every year by our greedy and corrupt goverments, and we really need to stand as a group and say "ENOUGH".... pointless bickering among ourselves here over how many times we check the speedo etc, that type of driving behaviour is just another negative side effect of the brainwashing we are all subjected to daily by the gov't, police and mass media. Certainly this isnt the country I grew up in and was proud to be a part of, not so long ago...:-(
Cheers Pat

simple.

but we dont have the balls to do it in this country.

civil disobedience.

500,000 people across australia refuse to pay their fines/rego etc

co ordinated blockages of parliment houses in each state. block all roads around it. not one motorist will not sympathise with the message

we ask for total transparency on every cent to do with roads/ fees/ rego's tolls etc etc.

we sue them for raising the death level in NT.

we sue them for failing to provide speed camera's in black spots, which was their original intention.

winning isnt the end game. the bad publicity for the government will force them to sit down and talk.

we force the government to put the calibration dates from camera's on every fine, not only that, we force them to put the manufactures tolerances of the camera on the fine too. so if we get done 3klm over limit, by a camera that has a tolerance of 5klm, we can contest the fine.

but we won't do any of it. because we have never actually had to fight for anything here as a collective.

and the numerous forums are too weak to join forces and do something about it. they don't realise how much clout they really do have.

Last edited by ltd_on20s; 18-12-2011 at 07:30 AM.
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #62
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Queensland police trial new hand-held speed cameras that automatically issue tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s

simple.

but we dont have the balls to do it in this country.

civil disobedience.

500,000 people across australia refuse to pay their fines/rego etc

co ordinated blockages of parliment houses in each state. block all roads around it. not one motorist will not sympathise with the message

we ask for total transparency on every cent to do with roads/ fees/ rego's tolls etc etc.

we sue them for raising the death level in NT.

we sue them for failing to provide speed camera's in black spots, which was their original intention.

winning isnt the end game. the bad publicity for the government will force them to sit down and talk.

we force the government to put the calibration dates from camera's on every fine, not only that, we force them to put the manufactures tolerances of the camera on the fine too. so if we get done 3klm over limit, by a camera that has a tolerance of 5klm, we can contest the fine.

but we won't do any of it. because we have never actually had to fight for anything here as a collective.

and the numerous forums are too weak to join forces and do something about it. they don't realise how much clout they really do have.
And then watch income tax go up....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #63
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Chaser
And then watch income tax go up....
another excuse. then you nail them publicly. raising income tax is political suicide for any party.

you know, in other countries, collectively they were willing to go to jail and die, when protesting for what they believed were injustices.
Old 18-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #64
z80
Banned

We have just bought a new Mercedes wagon (sorry FA) with their new advanced cruise control.

If I set it to 60km/h I can not exceed it....Problem solved, excuses evaporated.

Not sure what system it employs but no matter how much you press accelerator or how steep the descent is it will not exceed the set speed.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #65
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80
We have just bought a new Mercedes wagon (sorry FA) with their new advanced cruise control.

If I set it to 60km/h I can not exceed it....Problem solved, excuses evaporated.

Not sure what system it employs but no matter how much you press accelerator or how steep the descent is it will not exceed the set speed.
one day you will still get nailed.

you will never know if the camera has been properly calibrated.
you will never know it's tolerances.

then you will ask why no one has ever tried to fix things.
Old 18-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #66
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
one day you will still get nailed.

you will never know if the camera has been properly calibrated.
you will never know it's tolerances.

then you will ask why no one has ever tried to fix things.
i have been nailed, but at a much lower cost than if they got rid of speed cameras and put taxes up
i do not like them. i have no doubts they are for revenue. i have no doubts that they help to contribute to accidents and the road toll
however, i am happy with them being there in a fiscal sense, because they are a voluntary tax. we will be taxed somehow, so why should i be penalised because others cannot see them before they go past them
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #67
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
i have been nailed, but at a much lower cost than if they got rid of speed cameras and put taxes up
i do not like them. i have no doubts they are for revenue. i have no doubts that they help to contribute to accidents and the road toll
however, i am happy with them being there in a fiscal sense, because they are a voluntary tax. we will be taxed somehow, so why should i be penalised because others cannot see them before they go past them
i never said get rid of them.
Old 18-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #68
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80

Until you get into an area where you don't know the speed limit, or you missed the sign advising a speed change, or a camera set up in the wrong speed zone.

A friend of mine got a fine for doing 60 in a 60 zone, the fine said it was a 50 zone even though the street is clearly marked 60.

Had to challenge it.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #69
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I live in Melbourne and go to Brisbane for work every few months and spend 2 days driving around up there every time.I have got to say that in all the visits I have made in the past few years the worst driver I have seen there is myself!
I actually feel guilty when I drive 5 kms over the limit because I am the only one doing it.I have seen courteous non aggressive truck drivers on the freeways,never seen road rage,never been tailgated,never been cut off and never even been tooted.
I don't know what you blokes are complaining about.Try living here for a month,where just about everything is either already against the law or soon will be.Imagine if Ted hears about these....
Old 18-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #70
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80

...... then you hit a 40 Zone for 200 metres .... back to 50, then 60, then 70, back to 40 then into 80, all in the space of 5 kilometres ............ meanwhile you remain on 60. How many tickets did you just accumulate? Safe much??

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2011, 04:12 PM   #71
loony888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
...... then you hit a 40 Zone for 200 metres .... back to 50, then 60, then 70, back to 40 then into 80, all in the space of 5 kilometres ............ meanwhile you remain on 60. How many tickets did you just accumulate? Safe much??
and he runs over a crowd of nuns doing a prawer meeting cause he's busy fiddling with the settings of the cruise control instead of watching where the road goes
Old 18-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #72
loony888

HOW ABOUT ORGANISING A DAY OF ACTION AGAINST STATE PARLIAMENT ON THE FIRST DAY BACK AFTER THEIR XMAS BREAK?
WE COULD BLOCKADE PARLIAMENT HOUSE AND PICKET AGAINST BEING EXTORTED FOR ROAD TAX. OBVIOUSLY THIS WOULD NEED TO BE WELL ORGANISED AND PUBLICISED ON AS MANY FORUMS AS POSSIBLE BUT SURELY WE'RE NOT THAT APATHETIC THAT WE CAN'T GET SOMETHING GOING??

yes i know i'm yelling in caps but hey, i'm sick of being screwed by the govt. too.
Old 18-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #73
loony888

it seems the official govt website says the next sitting of parliament is on the 1st dec, shame today is the 18th, typical efficiency i guess.

found the calendar, 14th feb VALENTINES DAY, i'm up for being a public nuisance, who else is?
Old 18-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #74
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by loony888
HOW ABOUT ORGANISING A DAY OF ACTION AGAINST STATE PARLIAMENT ON THE FIRST DAY BACK AFTER THEIR XMAS BREAK?
WE COULD BLOCKADE PARLIAMENT HOUSE AND PICKET AGAINST BEING EXTORTED FOR ROAD TAX. OBVIOUSLY THIS WOULD NEED TO BE WELL ORGANISED AND PUBLICISED ON AS MANY FORUMS AS POSSIBLE BUT SURELY WE'RE NOT THAT APATHETIC THAT WE CAN'T GET SOMETHING GOING??

yes i know i'm yelling in caps but hey, i'm sick of being screwed by the govt. too.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #75
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80

Congratulations. Now how man people have a car with fancy cruise control like that? How many cars have any type of cruise control?
And half the time you cannot use cruise control due to the traffic always slowing and speeding up.

I have found myself driving 10 over the limit following a group of cars. You don't even realize at first because you are just going with the flow.
Couple of months ago I was driving about 10 over the limit in a group of cars on a road with a stupidly low speed limit. Cop car was also driving in the group at about 10 over. It was good to see a cop who wasn't obsessed with the war on minor speeding infringements.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post