Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-06-2005, 06:12 PM   #61
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeno
funny that 3 weeks ago, same thing except i was in the car, my mate driving up some guys *** and yes he hit the break hard, my mate only just touched him but enough to put a ding in the rear end, guess what.... its all the other guys fault because there was a witness and this witness is a cop! other guy got done hard! for purpously causing an accident!
Well lucky there was a cop as a witness! I'm surprised the cop didnt also fine your mate for tailgaiting. :Up_to_som
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 29-06-2005, 06:43 PM   #62
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
no your at fault because you caused an accident on perpose
sorry wrong!
For a start, you hit them, now prove they did it on purpose, because if you can't, it is your fault.

Sorry officer, I thought I saw a kid run out and panicked but it turned out to be nothing, then this moron behind me runs up the back of me because he was way too close.

Get the idea!

Last edited by geckoGT; 29-06-2005 at 06:44 PM. Reason: typos
Old 29-06-2005, 06:54 PM   #63
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

My cousin is on his L's in NSW now and he was told, or read in the driver's manual that when you stop at traffic lights you should stop so you can see the diff in the car in front.

Thats great unless it has some rice bodykit, or is FWD
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 29-06-2005, 07:01 PM   #64
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
sorry wrong!
For a start, you hit them, now prove they did it on purpose, because if you can't, it is your fault.

Sorry officer, I thought I saw a kid run out and panicked but it turned out to be nothing, then this moron behind me runs up the back of me because he was way too close.

Get the idea!
exactly. :Up_to_som
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 29-06-2005, 07:11 PM   #65
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
The situation I was actually referring to was when leaving a T intersection or private entryway look right, and the oncoming car has a left indicator on, safe to proceed? It should be but id numbnutz in the other car hasn't cancelled the indicator they will plow right into you when you proceed. And they will usually swear blind to roadside plod that the indicator wasn't on.
i ALWAYS will wait untill im 100% sure they're going to turn until i procede, ive been beeped and cursed at, but its saved me from a colision more than once.
Old 29-06-2005, 07:13 PM   #66
ferris01
I am a Princess!!!

oh man I am in trouble... wots a diff look like...hehe
Old 29-06-2005, 07:18 PM   #67
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferris01
oh man I am in trouble... wots a diff look like...hehe
Nice!!!!!!!
Old 29-06-2005, 07:36 PM   #68
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I was always taught stop so you can see the bottom of the tyres of the car in front. It has an added benifit as well, if they break down you have enough room to get around them without reversing.

And anyone who relies on indicators to know when someone is turning should try leaving my work! Our court with a freeway onramp 50 metres down the road. The number of knuckleheads who drive past the court with their indicator on then go down the freeway is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
But don't be surprised if the owner of that vehicle gets out and punches you in the face!
Ah well, he can cop Battery as well as Neg Driving!
Old 29-06-2005, 07:46 PM   #69
devil cv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
I thought you werent meant to stop for animals unless of course they are huge. (ie cow) which you exactly wouldnt find anywhere in town. If i can stop safely i do but im not risking my life or anyone elses for an animal. Ive hit a bird and a cat both of which were unavoidable.
In NSW you are not to brake or swerve to avoid an animal, but after hitting an animal you must stop and render asistance.

That being said, it is also the responsibility of all road users to leave enough room to safely avoid hitting another car.

So if pushed, both parties would get a negligent driving T.I.N

Old 29-06-2005, 07:48 PM   #70
devil cv8

Quote:
funny that 3 weeks ago, same thing except i was in the car, my mate driving up some guys *** and yes he hit the break hard, my mate only just touched him but enough to put a ding in the rear end, guess what.... its all the other guys fault because there was a witness and this witness is a cop! other guy got done hard! for purpously causing an accident!
I had a work colleague accidently select reverse at a set of traffic lights and hit the car behind him. He tried to deal with it by paying cash, but the other party insisted on the cops being called. Cops turned up, work colleague said he ran into me...no witnesses came forward, other driver got booked..

Old 29-06-2005, 07:54 PM   #71
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil cv8
I had a work colleague accidently select reverse at a set of traffic lights and hit the car behind him. He tried to deal with it by paying cash, but the other party insisted on the cops being called. Cops turned up, work colleague said he ran into me...no witnesses came forward, other driver got booked..
LOL
bit dishonest, but serves the other party right i guess...
Old 29-06-2005, 08:07 PM   #72
kaytonk
Moopheus?

Quote:
.....I usually stay back so i can see the rear tyres of the car in front of me. This is what my driving instructor told me.
Most driving instructors suggest this, as most learners cant judge in car lengths very well.
Old 29-06-2005, 08:12 PM   #73
EB_5.0_WAGON
Formerly known as NUDGE

Ok. i went to the cops tonite to get a final answer about if its legal to brake hard to avoid a dog and it is.
The dog wasnt on a leash and the owner had no control over it at all otherwise it wouldnt have come out at the car infront.
Yes in hindsight i was following too close but as someone else stated nearly everyone comes up behind a person turning and passes behind them way too close.
She was turning a left corner but when she stopped dead she was still in the middle of the road and i couldnt go around her as there is a medium strip in the middle of the road so i had NO WHERE to go but into her.
2004 Toyota Prado GXL
Old 29-06-2005, 08:23 PM   #74
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Know that pedal well, I hate other people driving with me in the death seat.
Old 29-06-2005, 08:23 PM   #75
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
....i ride the imaginary brake pedal on the passenger side so damn hard pretty much all the time!
That reminds me, must check the pad life on the passenger operated brakes in the girlfriend's car. Talk about late brakers!
Old 29-06-2005, 09:21 PM   #76
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey04
Let me get this straight.. If you are driving too close behind me, i stop for no apparent reason at all and you run into the back of me.. Its your fault, not mine.. :Up_to_som
Your learning. Yes it is!
Old 29-06-2005, 09:24 PM   #77
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellboy999
Correct, the basic rule is the last car to even hit a string of cars is at fault.

You stop for no reason I run into you, then some twit not paying attention hits me, its now his fault
Umm no , its quite possible for several drivers in a chain reaction to be booked. Last one is certainly the loser though.
Old 29-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #78
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
The person who is infront of it all isnt at fault at all unless it was reckless driving. The 2nd car hits is responsible to the 1st cars damage and the 3rd car is responsible for the 2nd cars damage. Thats why your not meant to be up the **** of any car at traffic lights. If anyone hits you and you hit the person in front of you then its your fault becasue its deemed you were too close. I usually stay back so i can see the rear tyres of the car in front of me. This is what my driving instructor told me.

Thats pretty much it. A driver unecessarilly braking could be hit with neg driving, but it would be exceptional circumstances, and it will not lesson the charges or the responsibility of those that ran into him.
Old 29-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #79
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Sorry TOO CLOSE!

15m at 60kmh on a wet road isn't a common sense separation distance.

I know its hard when people behave unpredictably on the road but thats what road driving is all about being prepared for the unpredictable.

Hey I have done it too when some fool decided to give way in the middle of a roundabout.

It didn't kill me and I learned from it so will you.
Old 29-06-2005, 09:32 PM   #80
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
no your at fault because you caused an accident on perpose
And if the 1st driver claims to the cop that attends or a judge later on that he though he saw a child dash out, there isn't a snowballs chance in hell he'd be fined.
Old 29-06-2005, 09:43 PM   #81
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil cv8
In NSW you are not to brake or swerve to avoid an animal, but after hitting an animal you must stop and render asistance.

That being said, it is also the responsibility of all road users to leave enough room to safely avoid hitting another car.

So if pushed, both parties would get a negligent driving T.I.N
The wording was must not brake unless safe and practicable to do so, and must never swerve. The law stems back to times with mostly 2 lane highways, to swerve would certainly put you in the path of oncoming traffic, or off the road completely, both risking human life.

Last edited by RED_EL_XR8; 29-06-2005 at 10:06 PM.
Old 29-06-2005, 09:52 PM   #82
LTD351

The lack of rain lately has caused a lot of people to forget what driving in the wet is like, most people on the road don't understand how to avoid accidents let alone cope with bad situations in wet weather.

You can never be too cautious, if people like my old lady are allowed to drive then we all gotta watch out.
Old 29-06-2005, 10:04 PM   #83
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

Man, that's really bad luck.

Regardless of whose fault it was, that's gotta suck hardcore. I'm sure this whole thread hasn't made it any better either!

Hopefully it will be all fixed soon.
Old 29-06-2005, 10:11 PM   #84
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGirl
Man, that's really bad luck.

Regardless of whose fault it was, that's gotta suck hardcore. I'm sure this whole thread hasn't made it any better either!

Hopefully it will be all fixed soon.
Tis tough luck for Nudge and whilst at fault at least technically it not something we'd wish on anyone. Most comment were not aimed at nudge but at the know-it-all rabble. Hope the car is back to its former glory soon.

Isn't one of us doesn't make mistakes on the road!
Old 29-06-2005, 10:18 PM   #85
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Thats right, it is nothing personal. I have done it before (rear end another car, my bad) but I learnt from it.

Hope you get you car up and back to former glory soon.
Old 29-06-2005, 10:21 PM   #86
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

In NSW in the Road Users Handbook we teach that you keep a 3 second gap, double again in wet. (This measure is also taught in Germany).

As practicable.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 29-06-2005, 10:36 PM   #87
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Personally I think this subject has been done to death!
Old 30-06-2005, 12:46 AM   #88
kaytonk
Moopheus?

although you were at fault mate, this is the bit thats important:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nudge
......Yes in hindsight i was following too close but as someone else stated nearly everyone comes up behind a person turning and passes behind them way too close.
You learnt a lesson and wont go out and do it again, this is the difference between an inexperienced driver and a bad driver, the bad driver will keep repeating the same mistake. Let me know if you need a hand fixing the bonnet
Old 30-06-2005, 08:43 AM   #89
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
I was always taught stop so you can see the bottom of the tyres of the car in front. It has an added benifit as well, if they break down you have enough room to get around them without reversing.
I was taught the same, it is great advice. Only downside is bike use the space when weaving up to the front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
And anyone who relies on indicators to know when someone is turning should try leaving my work! Our court with a freeway onramp 50 metres down the road. The number of knuckleheads who drive past the court with their indicator on then go down the freeway is amazing.
It's a shame most road users have no idea and just don't care!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 30-06-2005, 11:39 PM   #90
EB_5.0_WAGON
Formerly known as NUDGE

i went through the same intersection again today in the dry following another car that was doing exactly what happened the other night( but without the sudden stopping) and i worked out something.
When you make a left turn is it not taught to everone who has ever had driving lessons that you should position your car as far as practical to the left of the road before making the turn.

The car i was following today was all the wa over to the left of the lane and had the same thing happened i would have had room to go around them without hitting either them or the medium strip.

When i ran up the rear end of the chick the other night she was still in the centre/right side of the lane as the glass from my headlight was in the middle of the road.
So my question is " If she was as far as practical over to the left side of the road as taught to everone and as far as i am aware is the law. Is she partly at fault"
I know it will be still my fault in everyones eyes and thats fine with me i know i f@#ked up and i will wear the consequenses of it but im wondering what everones opinions are.
2004 Toyota Prado GXL
Closed Thread