Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #61
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb Barbie
I agree. Was there any voting pole as to who was in line to be an e-series mod? There are many people who have been here for just as long, if not longer. (Me not being one of them obviously) Each to their own everyone can make their own decision and if anyone wants to be a part of eafalcon-dot-com aswell as AFF then let them be
There was a thread for ages apparently, and only a handful of people voted (probably those up for nomination..LOL..jk).

I honestly only saw it once it was done with, but it was up for a while.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 02:47 PM   #62
holmsy
Banned

yeh i didn't know the thread was there for ages until it was near done. then i never heard of a result from it anyway
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #63
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunns
That is not what I said, I say they should have been consulted as to how to move the forums forward, and what they would like to see happen..
A little hard to consult when they have got themselves banned for consistently not keeping to the T&C of AFF. Board members/mods etc need to lead by example.

This is nothing personal BTW, keeping it objective here.

edit: For example, a footy club. New board members etc are hired and fired all the time, you dont ask previous executives or members what direction they would like; they were removed most of the time for a reason and a new direction is taken if need be.

I think that analogy works.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #64
Gunns
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
A little hard to consult when they have got themselves banned for consistently not keeping to the T&C of AFF. Board members/mods etc need to lead by example.

This is nothing personal BTW, keeping it objective here.

edit: For example, a footy club. New board members etc are hired and fired all the time, you dont ask previous executives or members what direction they would like; they were removed most of the time for a reason and a new direction is taken if need be.

I think that analogy works.
I think this goes back before they were banned.
Think of them more like the owners of the club, you still ask them what they would like as at the end of the day they pay your wage and without there backing it all goes to sh!t
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 03:08 PM   #65
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunns
I think this goes back before they were banned.
Think of them more like the owners of the club, you still ask them what they would like as at the end of the day they pay your wage.
And IMO thats the difference. AFAIK the "E series Club" is not technically a club, its a URL.

I dont mean to take anything away from it, but when you get down to it is a place on the internet where similar minded people enjoy their cars. And before anyone says I dont know what I am talking about, ive had e series and been around since 2002, not as long as others but ive seen people come and go aswell.

If the founders registered and made it official, then yeap your right they could do what they want.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-07-2007, 03:20 PM   #66
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
And IMO thats the difference. AFAIK the "E series Club" is not technically a club, its a URL.

I dont mean to take anything away from it, but when you get down to it is a place on the internet where similar minded people enjoy their cars. And before anyone says I dont know what I am talking about, ive had e series and been around since 2002, not as long as others but ive seen people come and go aswell.

If the founders registered and made it official, then yeap your right they could do what they want.
You should sign up on the other site and provide your insightful input. It would be received well.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #67
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
You should sign up on the other site and provide your insightful input. It would be received well.
Just try and keep this on track. Im sure you will copy and paste it for me.

I know what I just said wont be popular, but is it right or not? Feel free to disprove it. If the e series community is really that peeved then move on, feel free. I guess the e series club section here would just be renamed to "E series". Not much would change.

It is a club in one sense, but if you are going to start talking about founders and boards then expect to get technical over it.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #68
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

(Poly)Al, I'm not sure what you're getting at there. Can you elaborate on this "official" line?
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #69
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Just try and keep this on track. Im sure you will copy and paste it for me.

I know what I just said wont be popular, but is it right or not? Feel free to disprove it. If the e series community is really that peeved then move on, feel free. I guess the e series club section here would just be renamed to "E series". Not much would change.

It is a club in one sense, but if you are going to start talking about founders and boards then expect to get technical over it.
Yep, but it's obvious that the best people to respond to your input aren't able to. Their names appear red.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #70
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
(Poly)Al, I'm not sure what you're getting at there. Can you elaborate on this "official" line?
Well people want to get the founders etc on in the conversation, and fair enough. But if they cared enough about the "club" then they wouldn't be in the position they are now; seriously thats unfortunate.

The "official" line, AFAIK for a club to seriously be a club it needs to be registered. Once this is done whoever did the paperwork will become the Founder/Board whatever you want to call it. That to me is official. Anyone can jump online and make a club (success varies obviously).

So who thinks they run the club? From what I see its EFFALCON. Perhaps comments on him and what the club wants to do is more relevant.

Again, I could be wrong, I dont preach to know it all. Because personally I dont give two hoots who is the board member or mods, aslong as it fair and kept under control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
Yep, but it's obvious that the best people to respond to your input aren't able to. Their names appear red.
Why are they the "best" people?
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 24-07-2007 at 03:39 PM.
Old 24-07-2007, 03:35 PM   #71
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Honestly there would be no difference if it was "Registered" or not.. There would be similar "issues" between certain members and certain mod's/admins as there is now.

Last edited by Perana XR8; 24-07-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Perana is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #72
bomber
Banned

Basically for this to work for an E-series members forum it should be moderated by eseries members how ever there is the need for AFF to moderate the section to some extent but they way it was moderated resently by the AFF mods is way over the top. I dont beleive AFF modes should have the ability to ban eseries members from this section this should be left up to Eseries moderators/members since it is their club. eafalcon dot com was never setup to replace these forums it was setup to accomodate the growing interest of forced induction on fords that were not released with it.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #73
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber
Basically for this to work for an E-series members forum it should be moderated by eseries members how ever there is the need for AFF to moderate the section to some extent but they way it was moderated resently by the AFF mods is way over the top. I dont beleive AFF modes should have the ability to ban eseries members from this section this should be left up to Eseries moderators/members since it is their club. eafalcon dot com was never setup to replace these forums it was setup to accomodate the growing interest of forced induction on fords that were not released with it.
Hmm I see what you mean. Ideally it would be two mods that are within the club, and two that are more on the AFF side of things.

AFF can do what they like, its their site.

I think there are some people who wont be happy until the e series club is gone altogether. Personally that would be a shame as this section is very useful and both AFF and e series club can work off each other. But it seems the time has come to make a choice, stay and deal with what AFF does because like I said, at the end of the day its their choice.

I think Ive said my bit..LOL..if anyone wants to seriously discuss my points then Im up for that, try for once to not make it personal.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #74
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Basically for this to work for an E-series members forum it should be moderated by eseries members how ever there is the need for AFF to moderate the section to some extent but they way it was moderated resently by the AFF mods is way over the top. I dont beleive AFF modes should have the ability to ban eseries members from this section this should be left up to Eseries moderators/members since it is their club.
Agreed. Even if certain members were "banned" from the main section but still had access to the eseries section, that would be one way of doing it IMO..
Perana is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #75
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
A couple of good points raised.
This section is largely moderated by e-series members - always has been and always will be in exactly the same way that any other club based forum is.
However, the AFF mods and admins do moderate from time to time when necessary and because we have the legal liability for what is posted here we will continue to do so.
No club moderators for any club here are given the ability to ban any member so bans are always done by a general mod or an admin at the request of the club moderator or at our own instigation if it is deemed necessary. This protects club members against personality clashes within their own club.

Let me take this opportunity to repeat what I said to sunny on his eventual self fuelled departure and that was to wish him luck in his endeavours over there. We have no issues with the existence of that forum any more than we have with all the others that exist but I find it disheartening that some of the people there have decided otherwise.

Likewise there are a number of people who are members of both forums and as they have different a style and focus of operation that is to be encouraged.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 04:19 PM   #76
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Play by the rules, talk about cars, live in harmony with everybody, or GO AWAY.

It's a simple equation. The people who are no longer here have broken the rules (some multiple times) and made the e-series section an embarrassment.

The admin team have a responsibility, and a RIGHT to do what they think is best for the site. They have forked out the money to set this site up, and I'd take a quick stab at saying they probably fork out alot more (than donations stretch) to keep the site operating.

I want this website as a resource, and a place i come come to (without any crap going on) to discuss cars. Simple really?

I'm not having a go at anyone here, just trying to make sure everyone knows the reasons for what has happened, as some people can't see past their e.a.f.a.l.c.o.n.com™ boosted goggles.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #77
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Furthermore, for the benefit of those who seem to be in doubt about what actually happened with sunny and his associates, or those who have only read what has been posted elsewhere on the topic, let me clarify what occurred.

The events started when a political statement relating to E-Series and his position was added by sunny to his sig and the comments were reported. He was given an opportunity to remove it and when he didn't it was removed for him. He then replaced that one with a further statement and attack on the AFF admin as well as some of the e-Series board members and was subsequently banned from the E-Series forum.

In the initial posts made over there (and now removed from view except for their 'elite' members) a number of attacks were made by sunny against the AFF admin team and various e-Series members and it was agreed by the admin team that his access to AFF should be removed given that he didn't like it here anyway. He was advised accordingly via email and his DM membership refunded to his nominated account.

Some of the other individuals who chose to join in the slagging off were also banned although some of them have subsequently been unbanned after further discussion.

That is the sequence of events.
The older history that those who have been here for some time would be aware of revolved around a small group who took pleasure in being a disruptive influence here despite numerous chances and even more attempts by both Board and AFF admin members to deal with their issues. It is a sad outcome but perhaps one that was inevitable given the nature of the individuals concerned.

I am at the point now, where having supported the presence of this forum for longer than I care to remember and putting more time into the survival of it in the face of some internal and plenty of external opposition than it appears (under the present circumstances) to have merited, where I am relieved to see the known trouble makers departing to new fields.

Let me add that while I will continue to support the presence of this area of the forum for as long as there are people who want it, those who are unhappy or otherwise dissatisfed with the way it is run can simply go and visit a taxidermist with my blessing.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #78
Rob
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
Play by the rules, talk about cars, live in harmony with everybody, or GO AWAY.

It's a simple equation. The people who are no longer here have broken the rules (some multiple times) and made the e-series section an embarrassment.

The admin team have a responsibility, and a RIGHT to do what they think is best for the site. They have forked out the money to set this site up, and I'd take a quick stab at saying they probably fork out alot more (than donations stretch) to keep the site operating.

I want this website as a resource, and a place i come come to (without any crap going on) to discuss cars. Simple really?

I'm not having a go at anyone here, just trying to make sure everyone knows the reasons for what has happened, as some people can't see past their e.a.f.a.l.c.o.n.com™ boosted goggles.

Agreed, I want this forum for its resources and the help that we can provide for each other. The rest of it, the cliques, the infighting... it is detrimental, serves no good.

I rarely post in these type of threads, they're mostly trivial, egotistical rubbish, but this one shows how fragile this community is.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 04:50 PM   #79
Danny
GT4.

Hear Hear RusselW!

Although it has been some 3 years since I was at the wheel of an EF Falcon, I used to trawl these Forums even after I got rid of the EF, and witnssed slowly slowly this group of "cliquey" "Members", these ABSOLUTE SCUM, Bring this forum and it's discussion down to the level of a VL Infested McDonalds carpark. As E series cars became cheaper, so did their level of input into this forum. They deserve their own cheap filthy corner of the HTML world so that their bull can be spoken, and they can further bring disrepute to those who own E series vehicles.

It seem's that the Bigger the turbo, the bigger the head, and these members were once good people whose commpany and generosity when help was needed I enjoyed. It's such a shame to see what happened here. It really is!

Hopefully without them, a new age of the E-series owners club will rise, and some class and a glimmer of the companionship, pride and communal attitudes that used to prevail will return once again.

Good riddance to these absolute neanderthals, and I hope that their mates rack off with them. Lets get some maturity to mod this place! Long live the new eseries!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #80
Christiaan

I feel yagtimus™ and the aff-bots rising up and defeating the boost-ticons™ at their own game, in order to save their homeland of e-series-atron™!

Long live aff-bots!
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi

Last edited by shuresm58; 24-07-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 24-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #81
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
What makes it worse is that the attacks etc where over such trivial things most of the time.
Exactly, When i was new here i was ripped many times by "those" members, mostly just smartass comments on their part, instead of helping, thats what i got.
But what also annoys me, was the whole ''boys club'' thing, that if you disagreed with one of them, all of a sudden you are bombarded with abusive PM's from 5 or 6 E-series members, all saying pretty much the same gibberish.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 05:58 PM   #82
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
I feel yagtimus™ and the aff-bots rising up and defeating the boost-ticons™ at their own game, in order to save their homeland of e-series-atron™!

Long live aff-bots!
Yaggy! LOL

You've been banned, deleted, bagged, and battered by most everyone on AFF in the past, and now you're fighting for it! The club you love! Hahaha! GREAT effort!

YAGZ Vote 1# Nelson Mandela Award for the year!
Old 24-07-2007, 05:59 PM   #83
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
Exactly, When i was new here i was ripped many times by "those" members, mostly just smartass comments on their part, instead of helping, thats what i got.
But what also annoys me, was the whole ''boys club'' thing, that if you disagreed with one of them, all of a sudden you are bombarded with abusive PM's from 5 or 6 E-series members, all saying pretty much the same gibberish.
You do know why, right?

Because none of them have any balls to say something on their own. They say things in a pack mentality, because they're all very scared and confused children. I guess they're all happy in their new home now, where they can run free. Lets see how many members they manage to keep in their pathetic excuse of a forum.

I just wish Gunns, needforspeed, and various other members who still seem to be able to post here are banned too.

Last edited by shuresm58; 24-07-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 24-07-2007, 06:03 PM   #84
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Yaggy! LOL

You've been banned, deleted, bagged, and battered by most everyone on AFF in the past, and now you're fighting for it! The club you love! Hahaha! GREAT effort!

YAGZ Vote 1# Nelson Mandela Award for the year!
Thanks mate. I guess it just gets to the stage where enough is enough. Everyone thinks their keyboard warriors these days, when put in a 'real life' situation, act like 2 year olds, or put their hands in their pockets, stand around, and look at the ground, and say things like "rip it uppppp wusssssy"

These people don't deserve to be here, so lets weed em out.
Old 24-07-2007, 06:20 PM   #85
Danny
GT4.

You're right Yagz...... Social Dropouts who can only find a voice behind the keyboard becasue they have ZERO social skills in person... Lets keep the Real members of this club. Bring it back to the awesome Club it once was!
Old 24-07-2007, 06:25 PM   #86
EFFalcon
Last warning

the question remains, is this the eseries owners club forums.
if it is, then why were none of the decisions over the last 2 weeks decided by E-Series board.
AFF put in moderators to suit their needs, not the clubs needs.

The case is, and always will, Decisions would go through the board, and then to AFF Admin.
Why should AFF Admin have complete control over a section that they say is ours.

No disrespect to AFF Admin, they've done an awesome job over the years and i intend to continue to contribute to the forums in any way possible. The decision for me to no longer wasn't my decision, it was one taken by AFF's board based on false information fed to them, to which they werent willing to go back on and take a chance on.

Understandable since i'm admin of the forum thats causing the issues.

It is my view that this forum will inturn turn into an "I've got issues with my eseries, what do i do" forum.
Any interesting or entertaining discussion will move to the Pub/Bar.

Good luck to all!
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #87
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is the E-Series Board still around or is it now defunct?

I am a little confused personally as I understand some changes but don't understand the complete clean out.

Has the E-Series 'club' moved and this is now just the E-Series section? Meaning there are 'moderators' only? (I hope that makes sense).
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 06:38 PM   #88
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
Is the E-Series Board still around or is it now defunct?

I am a little confused personally as I understand some changes but don't understand the complete clean out.

Has the E-Series 'club' moved and this is now just the E-Series section? Meaning there are 'moderators' only? (I hope that makes sense).
Still a majority of board Members around.
the club hasnt moved at all, all forum links for eseries club still point here.
But E-Series Board did not make any of the decisions that have occured here over the last week.
Old 24-07-2007, 06:47 PM   #89
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
Still a majority of board Members around.
the club hasnt moved at all, all forum links for eseries club still point here.
But E-Series Board did not make any of the decisions that have occured here over the last week.
Like what exactly? Banning AFAIK, im sure everyone would like to know whats going on.

Kudos on putting your position forward.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #90
EFFalcon
Last warning

Moderator positions/removal of members
I'd have put my position Forward earlier had i not been interstate for the last 2 days.

The Club Name will continue, thats something i want to ensure.