Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-10-2006, 01:10 PM   #61
bigAl
THIS IS SPARTA!!

the ute is a big peice of metal to neigoitate how much room there is around you, especially if your not use to it,
that sucks, hope she is giving you symphany of all kinds
bigAl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #62
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhgill
WELL!

I guess it's Kharma for ragging on my Girlfriend's driving by starting this thread. But guess what she did last night!

She Scraped my fresly painted ute 1m along a stobey pole next to our driveway! (telegraph pole for you non South Ausses)

It pushed the LHR quarter panel in about 10cm, rooted the guard and scrapped a S**T load of paint of which now resides on the pole!

GOD DAMMIT!
Maybe she is a lurker here?

My GF is a competent driver. She does have her faults though. Like she is scared of trucks next to her, refuses to drive past one if it on any sort of bend or anything not straight. She also dosnt look far enough ahead. She seems to just worry about the car in front. Sometimes Im sitting there looking ahead like normal, and see the traffic all breaking, her foot dosnt move at all from the accelerator. Then the car in front puts the foot on the break, her foot still dosnt move. Finally, when our car is noticeably closing on the tail of the car in front, she brakes. That really annoys.

Otherwise shes good. Oh and she is incapable of reverse parking so every time I reverse into a spot I make sure to drop a comment like, " look at that, I should be a reverse parking instructor ".

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 06:41 PM   #63
nobbystang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhgill
WELL!

I guess it's Kharma for ragging on my Girlfriend's driving by starting this thread. But guess what she did last night!

She Scraped my fresly painted ute 1m along a stobey pole next to our driveway! (telegraph pole for you non South Ausses)

It pushed the LHR quarter panel in about 10cm, rooted the guard and scrapped a S**T load of paint of which now resides on the pole!

GOD DAMMIT!
I learnt that lesson too, the hardway. Was so upset when she grazed a concrete pole while parking in a shopping centre. I went and got a few quotes and on the way out of the second place I 1/2 ripped the spoiler off the front of the car. My damage cost alot more to fix than hers, but showed me how simple these things are to do.

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 09:10 PM   #64
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's the damage

Ouch!
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 09:22 AM   #65
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbystang
I would say I'm a good driver in dry but know in the wet I lack the experience if trouble happens. Gravel is another dodgey one for me. Would love to do an advanced driving/rally course to learn more about vehicle control but just keep putting it on the back burner
My top suggestion for the week ...... hehhehe

Get your bum into a paddock ...... Im sure where you are you could find one ...... Then get an unrego'd car or something similar........ go and have some fun .......

Tis the way I have been taught to handle the dirt roads & also the kids ...... Is a whole lot more fun in the wet too, which in turn teaches you a lot more about the handling of a vehicle. All my kids have learnt this way ...... even the 6yr old is now starting in the wagon on the lap of the elder kids ........ The more you lose it the more you learn to control it ;)

I will stipulate that all of this is to be done in a paddock on Private Property ;)

py:
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 10:05 AM   #66
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
My top suggestion for the week ...... hehhehe

Get your bum into a paddock ...... Im sure where you are you could find one ...... Then get an unrego'd car or something similar........ go and have some fun .......

Tis the way I have been taught to handle the dirt roads & also the kids ...... Is a whole lot more fun in the wet too, which in turn teaches you a lot more about the handling of a vehicle. All my kids have learnt this way ...... even the 6yr old is now starting in the wagon on the lap of the elder kids ........ The more you lose it the more you learn to control it ;)

I will stipulate that all of this is to be done in a paddock on Private Property ;)

py:
AAh, 6 year old behind the wheel, do you really think that is a good idea.?
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 10:09 AM   #67
Scott

My missus is a pretty good driver, I do complain that she doesn't asert herself enough on the road - particularly when merging in an form one lane situation. I can't complain though, I seem to be the car bender in our house :(
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 10:19 AM   #68
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The ex mrs = was to scared to drive
The current mrs = drives a barina at 20kph below the speed limit and refuses to drive teh BA V8.

So i am safe.
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #69
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My missus also refuses to learn how to drive manual, which ****'s me, why refuse to even learn?
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 02:04 PM   #70
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
AAh, 6 year old behind the wheel, do you really think that is a good idea.?

He hasnt got full control of the vehicle ..... he sits on one of the elder kids laps & steers ie: no control of the pedals ........ This is all in a very large paddock. He is safe I can assure you. He will also will most proberly outdrive (skill wise) any city kid once he reaches legal age to drive on the road.

All of the kids have started out this way & Im sure there are other country folk here who will have similar stories .......... I was about the same age when I started too ..........
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #71
FLYXR6
Silvester

Mrs FLYXR6 is a great driver, I trust her enough to fall asleep as a passanger and know that i will wake up again. She fly's along in her little car (kia cerato) in and out of traffic (put a few males to shame). She is confident behind the wheel and thats important. She does grab the holy crap bar every now and then with my driving but you know what they say:

Oversteer scares the passenger, understeer scares the driver. :eclipsee_

I like them sleek and unnoticable, That is untill the pedal is pushed.

www.myspace.com/flyxr6 Myspace URL
www.myspace.com/slvstr01 My cars Myspace URL
FLYXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 09:24 PM   #72
WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIII XR8 MAN
My GF scares the living daylights out of me at time. She like to cut corners. Somedays i get out the car & kiss the ground.
Hahahaha...what a crack up!
WRC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post