Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-11-2007, 07:55 PM   #61
chriscochris

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPGMH
Not overnight, only from 9am till just after 5pm.
Oh ok, cos that would be the ultimate kick in the guts!! Good luck with it all
chriscochris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 07:59 PM   #62
[dave]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just went on a commordore site

seems like the ve is havin a few trans problems with there 6 speeder

not good signs since all the cars where under 50,000kms
[dave] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 08:37 PM   #63
TUF514
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscochris
I think that idea is OK but what happens when some smart-ar$e (possibly from the dealers) goes and puts dirty big key scratches or similar to your car?? Are you planning on leaving the car unattended there?
Its not the dealership you have to worry about in that town, right Mark?
TUF514 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #64
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF514
Its not the dealership you have to worry about in that town, right Mark?
Yeah, i know what you mean
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #65
Tealglow
Waiting

A guy at my work had a badly slipping clutch in his VE SS in about 3000km and 3 months ownership.

Waranty initially rejected by dealer - claims of abuse

He took it higher and after inspection and photos of tyres and inner guards and nearly 2 months it was fixed.
He was given a loaner for 2 or 3 days of that time.

And the Holden lovers at work still had the hide to give it to me for my 22 and 36 year old Clevo'd Fords that were not running at the time.

1984 Bronco XLT 351 C6 4WD - Black/ Silver LPG, 3" Lift, American Racing Wheels

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited CRD Renegade- Black

2009 FG XR6 Vixen
Tealglow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 08:11 AM   #66
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Best advice has already been given - take it to another dealer, they always give different responces. Yes you might have to take a bit fo a drive to get there but hmm lets way it up...couple of hours drive vs million dollar court battle with multinational corporation. yep tough decision.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #67
Jaynar
Starter Motor

Back in 2005, I had an 03 BA GT with only 11,000k's on the clock which was loosing oil rapidly (no leaks, just buring oil), we noted this to our ford dealershop who requested that it was a small problem that they knew about for some time with the model and requested we continue to drop the car in every 1,000klm so they could continue to check exacley how much oil was being burnt. After working with the dealer over the next 4,000klm check's, we asked when they would rectify the problem & they advised there was nothing they could do other then continue to check and top up the oil every 1000k's whilst it was under warranty (lucky we had a 5 year warranty agreeement at the time of purchase). We phoned Ford Head office and advised that we would take the issue to the next level if the fault was not rectified pronto. Within 2 days the dealer phoned to say they had a brand new replacement engin for us.... I would phone Holden customer service direct and see if you can get it actioned that way before restorting to sign writting the vehicle.
Jaynar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 11:38 AM   #68
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

I doubt an oil test would tell you how it happened etc...
I'd say B.S if they are even doing a proper test...
It could tell you the front wheel was out 2* though ???Lol...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 01:41 PM   #69
Wally
XP Coupe

I have never had a problem with Holden fixing defects. I sure had a problem with Ford though.

Insofar as the original post, .... young bloke + VE SS = no way that car is ever going to have the boot put into it. It's going to be driven gently and handed down to the grandkids.

Be interesting when they pull the various hidden data that shows redline exceeded, top speed, etc.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 03:06 PM   #70
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonk
18 watching now and now not one bad word about holdens....

Maybe if I posted a thread over at LS1 about a bad ford diff, and we will compare the responses.... LOL

I think all the information you need to get the right result is within this thread, !
that what you get for buying a POS crummydore after all the go like rockets ( faal apart in stages) there it has been said now
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 03:18 PM   #71
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I have never had a problem with Holden fixing defects.
thats because they get so much practice at it . if you deal with a large number of defects ( defect = crummydore) you get good at it
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 03:51 PM   #72
Wally
XP Coupe

Really? I'm fairly new to cars, only having owned a dozen or so new ones, but it explains why the Ford defects were so hard to get fixed = lack of practice due to tardy warranty work.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 09:10 PM   #73
dallasv8
5.8 litres of fun

i definitely wouldnt drive 10 hours on a dodgy diff to get another dealer to look at it.it is about 10 hours from the Isa to Townsville,depending on your right foot.

i would ring consumer affairs,warranty is warranty after all.even if the cars copped a hard time.

really, if they put 270kw engines into cars,they would have to realise that it is going to cop a bootfull of throttle every now and then,and maybe a few full throttle clutch dumps.i mean,if the car cant handle doing a few burnouts,runs down the strip,they should give up making perfomance cars and go back to making geminis or something.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #74
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasv8
i definitely wouldnt drive 10 hours on a dodgy diff to get another dealer to look at it.it is about 10 hours from the Isa to Townsville,depending on your right foot.

i would ring consumer affairs,warranty is warranty after all.even if the cars copped a hard time.

really, if they put 270kw engines into cars,they would have to realise that it is going to cop a bootfull of throttle every now and then,and maybe a few full throttle clutch dumps.i mean,if the car cant handle doing a few burnouts,runs down the strip,they should give up making perfomance cars and go back to making geminis or something.
Yeah his not real comfortable driving it around town, so a trip to Townsville would have to be on the back of a truck.
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2007, 12:21 AM   #75
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
thats because they get so much practice at it . if you deal with a large number of defects ( defect = crummydore) you get good at it
Read my post on the previous page.

Our VTII has been a hell of a lot better than our XF in terms of reliability, and I loved the XF.

Our warranty was honoured with Geoff Brady (now Barloworld) Holden for all issues we had.

I have no complaints.

Our XF had problems ahoy.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #76
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Read my post on the previous page.

Our VTII has been a hell of a lot better than our XF in terms of reliability, and I loved the XF.

Our warranty was honoured with Geoff Brady (now Barloworld) Holden for all issues we had.

I have no complaints.

Our XF had problems ahoy.
I've found Holden servicing has been a lot more proactive than Ford servicing as well. A number of times I'd dropped off my VTII for servicing (it was also modded) and had no problems with warranty claims as well as outlining and carrying out any proactive repairs on known issues.

My Ford's warranty period expired 3 months ago. Dropped the car off 3 consecutive times to have the air-con looked at (the plastic thingie that regulates hot and cold was stuck in one position, a common problem) over the period of a year to be told, sorry, didn't have enough time to look at it, we'll look at it next service. They finally looked at it when I dropped it off a week after my warranty expired so they hand me a $1500 bill. Oh no you don't.

2 years into the warranty period (and having the handbrake adjusted on every single service for it to last about 2 weeks before it was useless again) I was charged for a full reco on the handbrake. $150. At least this time it lasted 4 weeks before a gust of wind could defeat the brake.

Ultratune did my servicing this morning for a fraction of the price as well as adjusting the handbrake free of charge. We'll see how long it lasts this time.

I prefer Ford do my servicing over the warranty period so there's no quabbling about a 3rd party service, but if I buy another Ford, I don't think I'll bother next time. The 2 places I've taken it always ring and tell me my car needs an injector clean or some other bollocks (zoned out by then), 5 mins after I've dropped it off. If I buy another Holden, would have no problems having it repaired by a Holden dealer, even if this poor bloke doesn't get his diff replaced under warranty. Be thankful it's not a Ford, they'll just tell you it's within tolerance. :P
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2007, 10:00 PM   #77
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
The 2 places I've taken it always ring and tell me my car needs an injector clean or some other bollocks (zoned out by then), 5 mins after I've dropped it off.
:

just got done for this on my last Ford service.
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2007, 10:21 PM   #78
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupsta
:

just got done for this on my last Ford service.
So you agreed? There's another snake oil procedure they want to carry out, they always hit me with 2 but like I said, I've already zoned out by then. :P

I've physically still been at the service centre looking at my car parked after I dropped it off and no-one has been near it when I've gotten the call, 'Our mechanics have looked at your car and recommend an Injector clean and blah blah blah...'
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2007, 08:31 AM   #79
Hally

On the flip side of the service coin...

We bought a Honda Accord a few months ago, and because of a dodgy sales practice that I brought to the attention of the dealer principal, he offered free 10,000 & 20,000 servicing on the car.

A couple of weeks ago put the car in for the 10,000 service, advised the service manager of the arrangement with dealer principal etc. Pick the car up later that day, got handed an invoice (with zero balance) and noticed that there was a heap of non standard items done such as injector service, new wipers (weird). When I brought this up with the service manager, he just smiled and said 'we are paying for this one, and you would have had all this done anyway'. I was pleasantly suprised at his attitude.
Hally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2007, 09:45 AM   #80
weenie

Your dreaming if you think holden/hsv servicing is any better than ford. I own a hsv, & it does not go near a holden dealership. I get my mechanic to do all warranty work, at my expense. I value my safety. I am not going to put my life in the hands of a pimple faced kid who knows jack about cars. We will upgrade to a new hsv wagon when its released, but have told the salesman that it will never see the inside of the dealership once we drive out. Ford are just as useless as well. If you get sucked into all the injector cleaning crap, you will be milked dry. It is easier & less stressful & more less costly to get any issues fixed your self. When a service dept cant even put a set of wheels on properly or put in more than half the screws holding your undertray in, there is some serious issues.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2007, 09:50 AM   #81
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF514
Because the closest dealer is what, over 1000 klms away Mark? Driving that far with a dodgy diff is like playing russian roulette!
Car trailer?
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2007, 10:26 AM   #82
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My ute has had 3 diffs replaced under warranty, out of warranty now and it's not far away from needing a 4th.

First 2 were bearings, 3rd was broken spider gears. Abuse was called with diff number 3, was tole no way by the dealer. I dealt with Ford customer care and told them my dramas. Didn't really get the response i was after so i told the operator i wanted to go higheer because i wanted to speak to someone with the authority to make a decision not comfort me!

Took a week and a half but i got the ok to have the entire rear end replaced again.

Keep notes, deal direct with Holden not with the dealer, and be cool, calm and assertive with everyone you talk to. Get emotional and they switch off. If you put your point across in the right way, you'll get people prepared to go into bat for you. I got an operator onside when i was dealing with customer care and they told me things they probably shouldn't have that made it much easier. Also, find 1 customer care operator you like, and everytime you ring back ask to speak to that person, makes things easier when you dont have to explain everything a million times and becomes like their little problem too.

Holden have had no dramas replacing LS1's that were burning lots of oil, flogged or not, and replaced lots of 6 speeds, autos and diffs in the VT2/VX/VU/VY.
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2007, 10:47 AM   #83
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

A bit of this might be approach, or individual dealerships. My mother's company Crewman blew a diff (realistically, abuse was a factor) and Holden couldn't have been better with it - gave her a loan car, fixed it all at no cost etc.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2007, 11:19 AM   #84
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
So you agreed? There's another snake oil procedure they want to carry out, they always hit me with 2 but like I said, I've already zoned out by then. :P
Yep. And it went down exactly like you said!

Dropped the car off. In the bus on the way to work - bang - theres the call. They tried to get me for wiper blades too (at almost like $100 - as if I'll pay mechanics wages to replace my wiper blades!).

And tyres. That old chestnut.

But yeh - they couldnt have really looked at the car and it needed all this stuff already. Injector clean is a bewdy.

Was a 100k service though so I did it.

Its the wife's car. Just gives me more ammo when I want to spend on the XA and/or ZZR 600 - which is due for a service soon actually.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:33 PM   #85
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
A bit of this might be approach, or individual dealerships. My mother's company Crewman blew a diff (realistically, abuse was a factor) and Holden couldn't have been better with it - gave her a loan car, fixed it all at no cost etc.

Seeing as its a common problem on the crewman, they're not gonna argue (if its a known problem then warrenty claims seem to be easier) and will do it. Also, a person will not think a women abuse a car in that regard.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2007, 03:25 PM   #86
Bossxr8
Peter Car

How much do they try to sting you for the injector clean, considering you can buy a bottle of it for less than $10 and put in in your fuel tank. Or do they spray it straight into the fuel rail or something.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #87
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Seeing as its a common problem on the crewman, they're not gonna argue (if its a known problem then warrenty claims seem to be easier) and will do it. Also, a person will not think a women abuse a car in that regard.
Didn't realise it was a common problem. I just thought all problems were common with Crewmans... Worst car ever.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2007, 05:09 PM   #88
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
How much do they try to sting you for the injector clean, considering you can buy a bottle of it for less than $10 and put in in your fuel tank. Or do they spray it straight into the fuel rail or something.
$160 I think. But yeh - directly into fuel rail/through injectors. I think they also remove the throttle body and clean.

APPARENTLY! lol
Old 07-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #89
TUF514
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Car trailer?
Lmao, if you knew where he was you wouldnt suggest that.

Plus, trailer it all that way to hopefully get them to warrant it?

The dealer in that town should honour it!
TUF514 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post