Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #61
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAV
Yeah, that answers it, thanks.

Not really worried about how much if any extra performance, as its a road only car, but was just wondering if it was capable of sensing better fuel and adjusting to run better and get some benefit.

To be honest, using 98 (BP Ultimate) more out of blind faith that it may help engine longevity. Theres a chance my son will get the XR50 a few years down the track, and want to keep it in as good a condition as I can.
If your not worried about performance then the 91ron will be perfectly fine. ATM am looking to see if the 98 is worth the extra premium over 91, but the FG on 91 can pull good (fuel economy) numbers and about 60-80km a tank more then 95ron E10 (which is funny cause the B-series made no difference from my experience).
Old 18-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #62
JimNiki
71Mach1

when I first got my 06 outlander, it documented the kilometers I got using the different octane ratings ... (no E10 in those days)

The extra I paid was not worth it ...stuck to plain Jane 91 ron ever since.
The mustang (351 clevo) has only ever seen 98-100 ron...
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #63
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

In my Clubsport, I've thrown in a few tanks of E10 in without any problems (including today) without any noticeable difference in performance. I can't speak about economy as my driving is random trips at random times so would have to use E10 for an extended period and check the trend.

Just signed on a Ghia today and I may occasionally stick a tank of 95 or 98 into it but it'll be running predominantly on E10.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #64
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i guess it depends on the car, my xr6 ran ok on the ethanol most of the time, but it ran a bit rough on it when cold , definatly got less k`s out of a tank.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post