Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-11-2006, 08:13 PM   #61
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 290
does anyone else think that when orion is released and if its better (and it should be) will there be as much talk and will they say that it is (the best car ever bult in australia)?
or is all this talk from people paid off from holden and ford wont see these kinds of comments? cheers

If Ford can use their marketing department and milk peoples interest in the car than there should be talk like that.
Holden did a fantastic job making the VE sound like it was going to be the beez knees.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 10:28 PM   #62
falconlover
Bathurst 2007, Ford 1-2-3

http://carspyshots.net/zerothread?id=21400 Just some info about orion falcon quite interesting.
falconlover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 11:23 PM   #63
Boss 290

mate that picture with the car under the cover is very interesting. i like what i see and im really looking forward to the release of the new falcon. if this is the car then id be very happy to see it as the new falcon. it has a euro/ aussie muscle look.
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 11:37 PM   #64
falconlover

Yeah its great isn't it! I can't wait!!!!
Old 16-11-2006, 12:07 AM   #65
McobraR
me may my mo

doubt thats Orion, abit too early for official pics.
If it is official then i think it looks abit hatchbacky, and that front overhang dont look good either. The slightly long bonnet proportion is the only good thing i reckon, kinda screams out old-school musclecar :
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 09:48 AM   #66
falconlover

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by McobraR
doubt thats Orion, abit too early for official pics.
If it is official then i think it looks abit hatchbacky, and that front overhang dont look good either. The slightly long bonnet proportion is the only good thing i reckon, kinda screams out old-school musclecar :
This isn't whats its going to look like its just getting us prepared what it's going to look like its a concept acourse. It still looks really good though!
Old 16-11-2006, 11:29 AM   #67
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

The wheels pic is not Orion at all, not even in concept form. The blury pic on the other site is not close either really.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 11:36 AM   #68
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
The wheels pic is not Orion at all, not even in concept form. The blury pic on the other site is not close either really.
so what does it look like then jem?
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 11:40 AM   #69
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
so what does it look like then jem?
Hard to describe without showing you a pic ;)

Some descriptions on the other site seem close, ie, what they said about the droopy tail.

For a description, look up the 2008 thread.
Old 16-11-2006, 12:25 PM   #70
McobraR
me may my mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
Some descriptions on the other site seem close, ie, what they said about the droopy tail.
droopy tail? please FORD dont go back to the AU styling theme.
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 12:57 PM   #71
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by McobraR
droopy tail? please FORD dont go back to the AU styling theme.
The AU styling theme was seen to be executed badly by most, i'm confident this won't.

Conservative yet stylish in base form, pretty full-on in XR's, and i'm told (coz i haven't seen) FPV's full-on^2, if not, maybe will be seen as being over the top.
Old 16-11-2006, 06:35 PM   #72
falconlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
The AU styling theme was seen to be executed badly by most, i'm confident this won't.

Conservative yet stylish in base form, pretty full-on in XR's, and i'm told (coz i haven't seen) FPV's full-on^2, if not, maybe will be seen as being over the top.
Have you actualy seen the car itself jem? Or do you have some pics to show us? hehehehehe :hihi:
Old 16-11-2006, 06:46 PM   #73
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some say there are similarities between the AU and Merc CLS, but the Merc CLS is MUCH MUCH MUCH better looking, despite some similarities -perhaps Ford should just copy it
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 06:53 PM   #74
falconlover

I wonder if ford are going to use grab style door handles like the ve instead of the current ones which are built in?
Old 16-11-2006, 10:08 PM   #75
Type40
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconlover
I wonder if ford are going to use grab style door handles like the ve instead of the current ones which are built in?
Grab style. _2:
Type40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 11:06 PM   #76
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM

If that is anything at all then the Cheif engineer that came to the FPV XR club meeting the other night knew nothing because he was giving nothing at all away, even the seegulls went hungry. I think we can wait and expect to be pleasantly suprised. He did say that its always a bonus to watch the competition. Its an Advantage one has when you can see the mistakes the other makes first. He says they are listening us the buyers, I hope they are. I hope they can hear me saying GTHO......LOL
Old 17-11-2006, 12:15 AM   #77
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconlover
Have you actualy seen the car itself jem? Or do you have some pics to show us? hehehehehe :hihi:
yes (a particular model), and yes, but can't show you... sorry.
Old 17-11-2006, 02:30 AM   #78
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
mate that picture with the car under the cover is very interesting. i like what i see and im really looking forward to the release of the new falcon. if this is the car then id be very happy to see it as the new falcon. it has a euro/ aussie muscle look.
Thats a Lincoln concept
http://www.lincolnmksforums.com/inde...e_key=30&st=20
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2006, 12:34 PM   #79
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOAN
I think you will find that Ford actually pushed back the release date because of the late approval from Ford US. I have seen photos & can say that I don't believe there will be any carry over panels from the BA/BF.
Wrong. Development of Orion was going on for at least 2 years before they got approval. They don't need approval to do development work, only need approval to build it.

One reason for the Orion being a bit late to market is due to the time spent getting the Territory up and running. That pushed Orion back. That is fact, so enough of the BS speculation.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2006, 12:38 PM   #80
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
The car under the cover is the Iosis. A lot of people have been sucked into thinking its the Orion. It isn't, just Wheels photoshopping a cover onto a pic of the Iosis's side profile.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2006, 05:55 PM   #81
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
yes (a particular model), and yes, but can't show you... sorry.
Was it a model that is already in circulation as a BA/BF?
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2007, 02:44 AM   #82
dallasv8
5.8 litres of fun

there was an article in the townsville bulletin cars guide about how the pommy ford boss wants to see a deisel in the falcon and territory and he also said that he has driven the 2008 falcon prototypes.

someone in a previous post said how much time it takes to go from clay to real car etc,ford had clay models of the XD in 1976

i personally want to see an XA 2 door style GT hit the showroom.kind of retro style, like the Dodge Challenger thats coming out soon