Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: Fevola out - Good call/Bad call?
Good call 42 56.00%
Bad call 33 44.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2009, 10:04 PM   #61
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
There seems to be a few rumours doing the rounds, latest I heard was Murphy from the blues copped it after trying to settle him down
Haven't heard that one, but it very well could have happened. The story I heard has come from a source of mine that has been known to provide me with the truth 100% of the time so far too.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #62
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPOJ
But seriously i cant believe that they got rid of him, he was such a major key to their team.
He's not out the door just yet. Don't be surprised if he is still there after trade week..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 09:27 PM   #63
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
He got drunk, mucked up.. big deal, he didnt punch on, take drugs or kill anyone.

That said ive never been able to understand how Carlton let him stay on the Footy show because he allways came across as the village idiot, i think he did more damage to Carlton (and his own image) on the footy show that at the Brownlow.

Ive also never been able to understand why Footy clubs, above other employers, are responsible for their employee's actions when they're outside of work... imagine a kid from Coles getting the boot because he got a skin load the night before and got locked up.
I never understood this.

Alcohol is a drug and affects the dopamine just like every other drug out there with the exception of marijuana (the safest, affecting a part of the brain designed to process marijuana thus not altering any organs/glands from their primary function). Being drunk is the high you get from ingesting alcohol.
Cigarettes are also a drug, an incredibly useless drug where you get next to no effects from something that's proven to be more addictive than heroin and cause more deaths.
Not only that but alcohol one of the most dangerous recreational drugs out there and is often compared to cocaine.

So 1 drugs fine but the others aren't?
Old 06-10-2009, 09:09 AM   #64
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR
I never understood this.

Alcohol is a drug and affects the dopamine just like every other drug out there with the exception of marijuana (the safest, affecting a part of the brain designed to process marijuana thus not altering any organs/glands from their primary function). Being drunk is the high you get from ingesting alcohol.
Cigarettes are also a drug, an incredibly useless drug where you get next to no effects from something that's proven to be more addictive than heroin and cause more deaths.
Not only that but alcohol one of the most dangerous recreational drugs out there and is often compared to cocaine.

So 1 drugs fine but the others aren't?
You really are starting to worry me, although things make a little more sense now given some of your statements above.

Isn't it quite peculiar how one attempting to come across as an intelligent being often fails to do so, instead coming across a little too 'try-hard'.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #65
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think its all going too far when sports admin are fining and banning players for taking girls back to there room or getting into a fight at nightclubs,
Yet a player who bash's his Girlfriend gets counselling and no suspension.
i think that sends the wrong message to families.
We need to have a fair "punishment fits the crime "set of rules but not forget that young Men and Women cant be expected to be Angels as thats just not realistic.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 04:39 PM   #66
LTDterri
SY TS Territory

I think Carlton had no choice, BUT I think they can now kiss 2010 goodby, the man kicked 80 something goals this year take that out and the Blues would'nt have played finals, sure he does some real stupid things but he is a high profile player and I don't think he is the only drunk playing AFL but one of the few that the media prey on. Common Eddie we need him in Black and White..
LTDterri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #67
rodderz

If what he did was ridgey didge Carlton wouldn't want him back, he wouldn't be welcome by the players nor the coach. Will be interesting to see how the rest of trade week pans out, his deal if done would probably be done later this week
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2009, 07:41 AM   #68
smacxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well it looks like the fev may be heading up here to brisbane, and bradshaw heading back to victoria. Atleast the courier mail has someone else in the afl to talk about now as they wont talk about anything else in the AFL unless it is queensland related.
smacxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #69
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Introducing the greatest fowardlines ever assembled

Brown - Fevola - Bradshaw
Old 09-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #70
AdzT3-146
own the road

Lions will be a very daunting opponent next year
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 01:30 PM   #71
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its official

Taken from http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=873565

Quote:
Fevola traded to Brisbane Lions
WWOS staff
11:30 AEST Fri Oct 9 2009

Latest AFL:
Fevola traded to Brisbane Lions
Fevola a big win for Lions: Matthews
Shaun Burgoyne headed to Hawks
Brad Johnson to play on with Bulldogs
Lions secure Xavier Clarke from St Kilda

Carlton's AFL Coleman Medallist Brendan Fevola has finally been traded to Brisbane Lions in a deal that sees the Blues receive Lachie Henderson and pick No12 in the national draft.

Earlier this week the Lions showed a willingness to trade Daniel Bradshaw Michael Rischitelli in a straight swap, but that deal fell over once Rischitelli confirmed he wanted to stay at the Lions.

Both players were quickly flown from Brisbane to Melbourne yesterday and shown around Visy Park by Carlton coach Brett Ratten, however it wasn't enough to convince Rischitelli.

The Blues have also given up pick No27 in the national draft.

The move marks a final chance of sorts for Fevola, who was most recently disgraced by his drunkin antics at the Brownlow Medal.

While on the surface it looks like a good win (in terms of playing talent) for Brisbane from this trade, it comes with some major baggage - with some reports today suggesting that a lot more could come out of Fevola's disgraceful night at the Brownlow.
More to come ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #72
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And some more
Quote:
Former Brisbane coach Leigh Matthews says the Lions will have a "gigantic win" if they can clinch the deal to net Carlton's AFL Coleman Medallist Brendan Fevola.

The players set to head the other way, Lions full-forward Daniel Bradshaw and midfielder Michael Rischitelli, met with Blues officials and toured the club's facilities on Thursday.

Bradshaw and Fevola have agreed to move, but the Blues need the seal of approval from a reluctant Rischitelli to finalise the trade.

If Rischitelli remains steadfast in his desire to stay with the Lions, Carlton and Brisbane need to agree on an alternative draft pick or player to switch clubs or the deal will be scuttled.

While 30-year-old Bradshaw has formed a dangerous attacking partnership with Lions skipper Jonathan Brown, Matthews said that if the Lions succeeded in gaining 28-year-old Fevola, they would be acquiring a younger, better option.

He said Bradshaw's injury history, including a major knee injury which destroyed his 2007 season and back problems, also created doubts about his longevity.

"I see it as a gigantic win for the Lions," Matthews told Melbourne radio station 3AW.

"Daniel Bradshaw is a good full-forward, Brendan Fevola's a very good full-forward and he's two years younger.

"I think his body's in better shape, I'm not sure what shape Braddy's body's in, he's (almost) 31, I don't know whether he's going to play until he's 35."

Matthews was confident Fevola could cope with playing a lesser role alongside the dominant Brown and also expected he would have learnt his lesson off-field after the Blues' decision to off-load him.

"I'd be very surprised if Fev is not exemplary in all facets of his footy life, for at least the next couple of years," he said.

Matthews doubted Rischitelli would refuse to join the Blues.

"If your club says `We're prepared to let you go' and the new club loves you and says `You're going to be fantastic for us', 99 per cent of players eventually go," he said, noting Rischitelli's Melbourne origins helped.

Meanwhile, mediation has helped Port Adelaide and Hawthorn broker a deal to send gun Power midfielder Shaun Burgoyne to the Hawks.

The two clubs have agreed on a trade which will result in Port getting two first round draft picks, while Hawks forward Mark Williams will join Essendon.

Sydney confirmed the move of their premiership ruckman Darren Jolly to Collingwood, in exchange for draft picks 14 and 46.

The Swans, having already acquired ruckman Mark Seaby from West Coast, are now set to also pick up Geelong back-up ruckman Shane Mumford.

Cats football manager Neil Balme said salary cap pressures meant they had no hope of matching the Swans' lucrative offer agreed to by Mumford, who missed selection in their premiership team.

"We're particularly disappointed that we're losing Mumford because he's a young bloke that we've helped to improve his footy and he's still only a rookie," Balme said.

"But he's been sought by another club, they've put up a huge offer and we can't compete."

Collingwood were still trying to generate a deal, possibly involving a third club, to try to satisfy St Kilda's demand for a player in return for Saints' midfielder Luke Ball.

The Saints have already traded away Xavier Clarke, who missed the entire season with a knee injury, to Brisbane, for pick 60.

And Richmond fringe key forward Jay Schulz will join the Power, in exchange for youngster Mitch Farmer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #73
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Didn't Carlton get absolutely bent over in that deal lol.

As an Essendon supporter I'm ecstatic that we've managed to get Mark Williams on board, I reckon his game style will fit in nicely.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #74
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Didn't Carlton get absolutely bent over in that deal lol.
I find it strange that Carlton couldn't sell themselves to a Victorian like Risc or why they didn't take Bradshaw and Henderson and at least still have a proven forward.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #75
redauxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone seen the latest about Fevola? Apparently he's been accused of sexual assault on a female Herald Sun journo....
redauxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 07:17 PM   #76
rodderz

Thats not all of it, plenty of other people copped abuse as well, both male and female

No doubt fev wouldn't be allowed back on Before the Game
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #77
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Carlton pretty much had to get rid of him, Most of what happened on that night has not been released by the media, but a female Herald Sun journalist was reportedly sexually harrassed (not sure about assaulted), as well as other pretty disgraceful things.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #78
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_190
Carlton pretty much had to get rid of him, Most of what happened on that night has not been released by the media, .
And lots lots more from what i have read, including (alegedly) Pushing rebecca Twigley to the ground when she tried to stop him attacking a security guard, Punching a chanel 9 producer, getting Adrian Anderson (the 2IC of the AFL) in a headlock, abusing Chris Judd, exposing himself to Rebecca Twigley and feeling up Demetriou's wife, and of course making a goose of himself on national TV.

As well as the previously documented sexual assault alegations.

Other than that he was fine.

Good riddence I say.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:03 PM   #79
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Yep, couldn't be more delighted that Collingwood didn't pick him up, we have enough issues off field.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:24 AM   #80
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
Introducing the greatest fowardlines ever assembled

Brown - Fevola - Bradshaw
Getting it to work will be harder than you would think. Finding space for the 3 of them so they don't continually get in each others way might be a headache, especially with the way Fev carries on when people get in his way.

Jonathon Brown may have to give him a serious smack in the chops to keep him in line.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #81
prydey
Rob

brownie is quite capable in the midfield. they might leave the forward line to bradshaw and fev and stick brown out at half forward.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #82
smacxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep it say your probably right prydey, id say browny will be playing up the ground a bit more up and down the wings. Its really going to take one hell of a talented backline to stop those 3.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #83
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Getting it to work will be harder than you would think. Finding space for the 3 of them so they don't continually get in each others way might be a headache, especially with the way Fev carries on when people get in his way.

Jonathon Brown may have to give him a serious smack in the chops to keep him in line.
In the perfect world you'd play a 2 - 3 forward line and drop you're spare pocket into the middle to give plenty of legs against you're opposition. However they are more than likely to roatate 4 of them (Brown, Fev, Bradshaw, Ruckman) off the bench or via the backline. Either way I doubt they'll keep all of them injury free all year anyway.
Old 13-10-2009, 01:03 AM   #84
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
You really are starting to worry me, although things make a little more sense now given some of your statements above.

Isn't it quite peculiar how one attempting to come across as an intelligent being often fails to do so, instead coming across a little too 'try-hard'.
Please elaborate on how what I said is worrying?

I was pointing out that he finds alcohol appropriate, yet detests other drugs and stereotypes all but alcohol into 1 group (the scum of the earth group).

Lets talk about one of the drugs you've stereotyped into the category of despicable evil. marijuana.
Here's an article based on a well known scientific study from the mid 90's.
http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/brain2.html.
Bet you didn't know humans used it for 5000yrs until 80yrs ago, the same time cancer appeared in our species. Many believe cancer is a side effect of this, and scientific proof has just come out describing how it kills tumors and cancerous cells, and strengthens immune cells SOURCE: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0401181217.htm

Everything I stated is true, research it yourself, now you're the one who doesn't look intelligent. I'm the last thing to a try hard mate, I see a common misconception and point out how it really is. I live my life by science, it's never wrong (Scientific evidence not to be confused with Scientific theories like the big bang).

A misconception results in people (or in this case a drug) receiving blame while others in the same category yet more harmful are socially acceptable for what reason??? Please give me one? Why should alcohol be legal compared to a drug that hasn't even had 1 recorded death EVER?

And no I've only tried the typical joint, won't be doing cocaine ever it's a hard drug like alcohol is. But nice try at attempting to make me lose all my credibility by stereotyping me into some drug cocktail hippy.
I'm not condoning use of illegal drugs, I'm pointing out scientific facts, and if people are too immature and oversensitive to understand that then simply don't get involved. The only reason I brought this up was to discredit you, not promote anything, as I found your comment "although things make a little more sense now given some of your statements above." To be nothing less of an immature typical generalisation with the sole purpose of a direct insult. Grow up.

http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24/53/

Let me guess. It's all propaganda isn't it? Just like how the Earth is round.
It's science, you don't just believe it when it suits you mate.

Debate this at your own risk. (And do it through PM please because I can debate all night about this)

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 13-10-2009 at 01:19 AM.
ILLaViTaR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 06:56 AM   #85
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Illavitar you have been smoking WAAAY too much of the green stuff it would seem.

I could go and find some research that goes against everything you said there, but then this thread isn't about weed (nothing to do with it actually) and I don't really care.
Old 13-10-2009, 08:20 PM   #86
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Illavitar you have been smoking WAAAY too much of the green stuff it would seem.

I could go and find some research that goes against everything you said there, but then this thread isn't about weed (nothing to do with it actually) and I don't really care.
Lol this is practically identical to your last post.

You're all talk, but you're right this thread isn't about this.
Old 16-10-2009, 08:36 PM   #87
smacxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like Bradshaw is leaving, so i guess lions wont have a problem with how to fit 3 big goal kickers in the same forward line. Fantastic news if you dont like the lions! :