Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 12:49 AM   #61
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
That guy you bought it off just showed up in my driveway in a new XR6T ute, nice n fun in the wet lol
Hi Rod, I doubt it very much, as he is sick of me hounding him for the ute..

Fords container transport...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Houseboat Raft.jpg (30.6 KB, 72 views)

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 11-08-2010, 02:39 AM   #62
AussieAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Maybe it fell off the truck and they took it to the panel beaters for a quick repair..

Don't laugh SpoolMan, after some of the comments I got about what happened to my Sunburst XR50 http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1&page=1&pp=30

Truely hope thats not the case with yours. Putting in the sunroof and tinting etc you mentioned earlier would take a while too.
Originally Posted by flappist
Some people drive to go places others go places to drive.......
Old 11-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #63
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAV
Don't laugh SpoolMan, after some of the comments I got about what happened to my Sunburst XR50 http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1&page=1&pp=30

Truely hope thats not the case with yours. Putting in the sunroof and tinting etc you mentioned earlier would take a while too.
Your right the alarm and tint has added a day on to the delivery time, good news is its now at the dealers holding yard and all systems are go for a Friday afternoon pick-up, although with traffic might wait until Saturday morning..

I read your thread about the paint on the roof, its good you had a positive outcome...
Do you like the checkered flag striping along the bottom of the door?
I think I will remove mine as the rear checkered part of the striping I am not a fan of, although I will wait until I see it with my own eyes against the silver..

Old 11-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #64
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

I get to pick mine up in the morning Mark. Getting a little excited, she's already to go, just got to take my plates with me, and away we go!!!

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Old 11-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #65
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Your right the alarm and tint has added a day on to the delivery time, good news is its now at the dealers holding yard and all systems are go for a Friday afternoon pick-up, although with traffic might wait until Saturday morning..

I read your thread about the paint on the roof, its good you had a positive outcome...
I think I will remove mine as the rear checkered part of the striping I am not a fan of, although I will wait until I see it with my own eyes against the silver..
Is your dealer a member or at least a guest here? If so I reckon he has been over the car 100 times to find any paint imperfections after the previoos thread. I would also think he is taking a special interest in all aspects of the pre delivery.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #66
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
Is your dealer a member or at least a guest here? If so I reckon he has been over the car 100 times to find any paint imperfections after the previoos thread. I would also think he is taking a special interest in all aspects of the pre delivery.
Dealer is Strapp Ford, I would hope that everyone's cars have all aspects of pre-delivery done 100% properly who ever the dealer is, if you dont have 100% trust in your dealer I would be finding another one, they look after you and in turn you look after them by being a repeat customer.
Strapp have a A1 reputation 9 times dealer of the year and they sell big volumes, anyone wanting a good deal see Sathis @ Doncaster branch.
http://strappford.com.au/

I should add the service and deals at Etheridge Ford are also A1, Andrew is the person to see there, between these 2 dealers we have purchased 4 Fords in the last 5 years, 3 for us and 1 for my dad...
http://etheridgeford.com.au/

Old 11-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #67
buickman
buickman

The 50th Anniversary Fords are very popular and great value for the money. I even ordered one a Nitro XR6 with T/Bar and R/ sensers. Delv is early to mid September could have gone to another dealers looking for one in that colour but as I have a car to drive to work and back Toyota HiLux not really that concerned of not getting the car straight away
Old 11-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #68
AussieAV

Quote:
Don't mind it, not as nice as say GT stripes, but I don't want it to be a GT wanna-be so will just leave it. Could have been a darker shade though. Matching the grey of the wheels/rear bar/grill would have been a good idea. Looks a bit anaemic as light grey, especially against the Sunburst.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #69
schultzie
Just Images

hell Michael even got his today... took me 2 hours to get a reply from him asking how it is...
Old 11-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #70
GavL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Dealer is Strapp Ford, I would hope that everyone's cars have all aspects of pre-delivery done 100% properly who ever the dealer is, if you dont have 100% trust in your dealer I would be finding another one, they look after you and in turn you look after them by being a repeat customer.
Strapp have a A1 reputation 9 times dealer of the year and they sell big volumes, anyone wanting a good deal see Sathis @ Doncaster branch.
http://strappford.com.au/

I should add the service and deals at Etheridge Ford are also A1, Andrew is the person to see there, between these 2 dealers we have purchased 4 Fords in the last 5 years, 3 for us and 1 for my dad...
http://etheridgeford.com.au/
Hey SpoolMan,

I'm going to also put in a good word for Strapp Ford at Doncaster, at mate of mine bought his car from there and they were extremely helpful. When I was looking for a car and visited they were also very polite and helpful - just didn't have the car I wanted.

Bet you can't wait till you get to drive your new car

BAII XR6 in SHOCKWAVE
5SP Manual | Sports Leather Seats | Premium Sound | Dual Zone Climate Control | Sunroof | Reverse Sensors | 18" XR8 Wheels | XR6T Exhaust | Lowered | XR6T Intake | GT Steering Wheel

AUIII XR8 in NAROOMA BLUE
Info to come soon!
Old 11-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #71
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavL
Hey SpoolMan,

I'm going to also put in a good word for Strapp Ford at Doncaster, at mate of mine bought his car from there and they were extremely helpful. When I was looking for a car and visited they were also very polite and helpful - just didn't have the car I wanted.

Bet you can't wait till you get to drive your new car
I already have some mods set out, the time delay on the delivery has put it back, I was hoping to have it all done this week...
On Strapp Ford, this Friday and Saturday they have 27 new cars to prepare for delivery, these are Fords and Holdens..

Old 13-08-2010, 11:29 AM   #72
SpoolMan

, 1pm today is the day, see if I can get some pics in before I change the wheels at 3pm...

Old 13-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #73
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so your stil waiting on the car? a mate got one through a lease company almost 2-3 weeks ago now can they not keep up with the demand or is their issues?
Old 13-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #74
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

disregard, just read the the above post that i missed, very nice looking car. what colour did you go?
Old 13-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #75
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
, 1pm today is the day, see if I can get some pics in before I change the wheels at 3pm...
good stuff bud!
Old 13-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #76
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
You must be there checking her out look at the time I posted.
Nah bugger the factory wheels show us the other newys
I'm going to Spiros next week Mark are you coming up ?
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 13-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #77
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

WAHOO! Good to hear Spooly. Bring on the pics!!
Old 13-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #78
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

great news mark

cant wait to see the pics

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 13-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #79
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Where the pics at spooly? Oh that's right too busy enjoying the beast! All in good time I guess.
Congrats on new car
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 13-08-2010, 10:58 PM   #80
SpoolMan

This is what it looked like when I picked it up, by 4pm the wheels were removed and new ones were fitted to accommodate the brembo brakes, I did love the wheels but sadly you cant fit a brembo caliper on these wheels..
I am also happy with the look of the strip against the silver…I was sure that I would remove the stripe changed my mind after deeing it today…
Absolutely love it; the piano finish interior is awesome the electrics are streets ahead of the B-series cars, love the smaller internal turbo the boost is almost instant, the brakes I don’t like on Thursday its off to Herrods to fit the brembo brakes on the front and lowered all round.
Tomorrow I get a flat top Hard cover fitted with no locks, it will lock and unlock with the factory remotes..
That’s all for now 135klm done today, best package value Ford have put together..
Big thanks to Strapp Ford and the team at Doncaster…

Pictures are dull like the Melbourne weather, may have made the quality to low..

Old 13-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #81
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217
I'm going to Spiros next week Mark are you coming up ?
Give it a few weeks I will be there, I will have a chat with Spiro and set out what we are going to do, already got surge tank and injectors.. ...at this time I am ruling out a bigger turbo this smaller internal turbo is awesome on the road its almost instant, great fun to drive and with the old school leaf spring no more diff bush problems...

Old 13-08-2010, 11:15 PM   #82
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Looks great mark!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 13-08-2010, 11:18 PM   #83
JoshXR

nice plates..
Old 14-08-2010, 12:19 AM   #84
AussieAV

Quote:
I am also happy with the look of the strip against the silver…I was sure that I would remove the stripe changed my mind after deeing it today…

Look Awesome - Congrats Spoolman

Yeah, the stripe looks good, and matches the shade of the wheels!! So wish they had done that colour stripe on the Sunburst sedan
Old 14-08-2010, 12:26 AM   #85
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Give it a few weeks I will be there, I will have a chat with Spiro and set out what we are going to do, already got surge tank and injectors.. ...at this time I am ruling out a bigger turbo this smaller internal turbo is awesome on the road its almost instant, great fun to drive and with the old school leaf spring no more diff bush problems...
No worries Mark - will catch up once your in sydney town.
Haha love the buying spree in prep - she'll look great with the brembo's and look forward seeing which wheels she will be wearing.
Looks great.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 14-08-2010, 12:29 AM   #86
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217
No worries Mark - will catch up once your in sydney town.
Haha love the buying spree in prep - she'll look great with the brembo's and look forward seeing which wheels she will be wearing.
Looks great.
Once you have a brembo brake its hard to go to anything else, the wheels are nothing different 19'' FPV F6 dark argents...

Old 14-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #87
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Congrats Mark. Happy to see you finally got it

Looks great!
Old 14-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #88
rodderz

I see Sath let you have it a day early!

Noticed you have the radio on 101.1 TTfm, do you listen to Love songs and dedications with Richard Mercer do you...dedicate a nice Michael Bolton song to Kim? haha
Old 14-08-2010, 01:12 AM   #89
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Looking good Mark, well done, are you going to do a little build/mod thread ?.
Old 14-08-2010, 01:26 AM   #90
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Looking good Mark, well done, are you going to do a little build/mod thread ?.
I will do something..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
I see Sath let you have it a day early!

Noticed you have the radio on 101.1 TTfm, do you listen to Love songs and dedications with Richard Mercer do you...dedicate a nice Michael Bolton song to Kim? haha
Sathis was listening to the station when he drove it around..... as for dedicating something to Kim she loved the interior of the Ute so much she says she wants one... ...
Phoned Sathis late this evening she will be looking at the new Fiesta on October with new 1.6L - 6 speed auto, cant put the grand-kids in Utes..

Closed Thread