Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-02-2011, 02:29 AM   #61
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

This is not a thread about the media or cyclone Yasi, so let's stop debating it.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 03:10 AM   #62
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Ok here we go, quite a few pictures here so settle back. All of these are highly compressed and reduced resolution screen caps taken from an HD video i took today in terrible light but you get the idea. These were taken nearly 24 hours after the rain finished.

Cranbourne football field & cricket nets

Paddocks next to the SE Fwy in Endeavour Hills area

Heatherton road freeway exit (City Bound) - This is what used to be Dandenong Creek.

Other side of Heatherton Road flood

Brady Road, Rowville

Sports stadium next to Stud Road fwy exit

Yarra Glen Race Course

Entrance road to Yarra River Reserve (under old railway)

Coldstream West Road - Coldstream

Melba Highway (Stingybark Creek Bridge)

Melba Highway, Yering

Lilydale Airport Driveway

Last edited by Professor Farnsworth; 06-02-2011 at 03:25 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #63
Matty4
Banana

Been out and about a bit eh Prof....
Here's my place yesterday morning. If I had of been quick enough I could have grabbed my wakeskate and a rope, tried it to the gate and had a bit of fun.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_pTH6hYgkQ

Matty
Old 06-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #64
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

What we copped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MVqAue_k5U
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #65
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I had been down there visiting friends for a few days and had to get to the airport yesterday.
After brunch in Olinda with a mate, I started to head out again and kept finding roads closed, trees down and such.
Ended up taking almost 2 hours to get out of the hills, then there were still major roadblocks.
Didn't think I was going to make my flight!

Ran in to a bunch of locals who had noticed there was a tree down, which had taken out power lines, and formed their own road block, and diversion on a dirt road to get us through.
Wouldn't happen where I live. Here, it's everyone for themselves.

I got back to my motel room on Friday night, and found that rain had been pouring in the AC unit, so the carpet was soaked. Was too late to call reception, so I put up with it for the last night, but I was stunned when I reported it as I was checking out, and they said "Oh yes we know about that."
Well, maybe you should fix it! That's not only disgusting, it's not healthy!!
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #66
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Professor Farnsworth you lengend you got alot of photos from the floods, i, currently uploading big video i toke from Tirhatuan Park down my area.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #67
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

yeah i went on a little 350km round trip
Old 06-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #68
fakegt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked
We got smashed in Elwood. The courtyard outside the master bedroom has a drain in it. this had a spout of water at least 6 inches wide coming out of it. Had a river running through my unit. Two bedrooms of carpet under 1 inch of water. I am moving out on Monday anyway - guess there is no need to steam clean the carpet now!
I've got a building site on the go in Elwood that is about 50 metres from the Canal and even though my job didn't get water above the floorboards plenty of the neighbours did. We have the floors up for Reblocking and its like a pool under the house, as all the water just ran in through the sub-floor vents which are about 300-400mm above ground level. Plenty of people pulling out carpets and dumping stuff on the nature strip. It is in a Flood Zone and the water stayed below the minimum building height for extensions and new homes.
A couple of cars got washed away up onto the nature strips. The problem down there is that the Tidal Canal can not take the storm water once its up and it just comes back up through the street drains. It must of been pretty full on as it popped one of the concrete/steel inspection covers up on the main Storm water line and those things weigh plenty. I've had some gear ruined and will be onto the insurer Monday.
On the up side the Neighbours get to meet each other and were all helping each other out, just like people did years ago instead of ignoring each other.
fakegt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #69
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty4
Been out and about a bit eh Prof....
Here's my place yesterday morning. If I had of been quick enough I could have grabbed my wakeskate and a rope, tried it to the gate and had a bit of fun.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_pTH6hYgkQ

Matty

Gezz that looks like my driveway 2yrs ago when we were flooded. Same deal with poor council drainage. We live at the bottom of 3 hills and there is 2 drains to catch all the water. The house just 10m away was up enough I could park the ED there, but the same thing was raging through my garage, could have surfed on it. Did you get any in the house? We had at least 2 foot of water up our door, ended up with 2 inches throughout the house.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #70
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Went out this afternoon and took some more video, as it was apparent that the Narre Warren Road was still a little difficult to navigate. These again are screen caps form the video..

Narre Warren Road (narre warren south area)

Water damaged taxi going cheap soon

Residential area in Narre, poor buggers

Hallam South Road

Old 06-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #71
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why do people insist on driving so fast through flood water

if you take your time and get a bow wave happening you have less chance of getting swamped

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #72
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
Went out this afternoon and took some more video, as it was apparent that the Narre Warren Road was still a little difficult to navigate. These again are screen caps form the video..
Probably should have run into you. I was down there at noon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODrL2IM6LZM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
why do people insist on driving so fast through flood water
if you take your time and get a bow wave happening you have less chance of getting swamped
That's the reason why so many cars are "still" outside our place. Because they didn't make the bow wave, they just plowed on through.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #73
WMD351
Size it up

Nice shots Prof. I was wondering what Heatherton Rd looked like.

Here's Narre Crannie Rd looking south from the railway overpass at 6PM Sunday night (48 hours later). I better find another way to work tomorrow.

Under the overpass (there's a 4WD with a snorkel in there somewhere and it's not the car you can see) the water doesn't look like it's going to drain anytime soon.

And I was lucky, this is four houses downhill from my place on Friday night.

Actually that's not bad, the other side of the hill I'm on was real nasty.

Last edited by WMD351; 06-02-2011 at 08:56 PM.
WMD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 12:29 AM   #74
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanrz
Probably should have run into you. I was down there at noon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODrL2IM6LZM
i was there about 2pm i think mate - i'll try to edit my video tomorrow and post a link, there's heaps of it to go through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD351
Under the overpass (there's a 4WD with a snorkel in there somewhere and it's not the car you can see) the water doesn't look like it's going to drain anytime soon.
FAR OUT!! i was wondering what the underpass looked like.. that's insane.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #75
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD351
Under the overpass (there's a 4WD with a snorkel in there somewhere and it's not the car you can see)
1min:10sec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO7RiTobLNU&NR=1

LOL!
Old 07-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #76
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Approx 6pm on Friday.... South Gippy hwy...

Had to get home quick!!! I have two sections of my roof where the $#@%@$# roof plumber didn't complete the capping properly and am awaiting action from the plumbing board.... (new house too!)
Managed to fill 50+ buckets of water between 8pm on Friday and Sunday 7am... In hindsight I should have put tiles down instead of timber flooring!

To top it off I had finished putting top soil in the front and levelled it off for some turf... Half the soil ended up halfway up the court!