Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 01:15 AM   #91
smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysy_boi
my mate has a VR V6 auto and he beat me in a drag in my BA I6 auto, only to 60km/h though as that was the speed limit.

Rhyso
?? my BA xt when stock beat my mates auto VY off the line and by a car length at about 100, how did you lose to a VR?? they're freakin slow.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:22 AM   #92
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

First to comment on greenfoams youtube vid lol (It wouldnt be a commodore thread without me posting something useless:P)
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
Old 08-09-2006, 02:27 AM   #93
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley
?? my BA xt when stock beat my mates auto VY off the line and by a car length at about 100, how did you lose to a VR?? they're freakin slow.
A VR is definitely faster than a VY too so you can save yourself a thread about that , For future reference I'll write a little story.

The V6's

VN series one,VP
Both mid 15 to very high 15 second cars depending on what day they were built:P, some are shockers and some are fast, they differ in speed about as much as the panels line up (or dont line up).

VR, good ones can do 15.6
VE(Omega) 15.8
VS about the same as the VE ^ but the heads flow quite well and it responds much better than the VN-R to exhaust and inlet mods, this is the model of choice if you are doing bolt ons.

VY/X/T The factory dual cat VY's may be the fastest, but really they are all about the same, also like the VS respond well to bolt ons, there's a VX that runs 15.3 with a good exhaust on it and some attention to detail but mostly they are a high 15 or low 16 kinda car, no doubt about it they are the slowest 3.

That's about the order for the V6's.

The 5 liters.

VN/P(high 14's-15.1, quicker for manual VN), Spasm on Street Commodores has the all time "almost stock" world record with a 14.0 in a manual executive VN with stock VN headers a 3inch exhaust and the group A chip in it everything else on the car was stock, no one has ever run a 13, yet and maybe they never will without things like diff gears and custom headers.

VR/S(15.1-15.4ish depending on model executive or optioned ss, a manual executive with a lsd would make 14's with good tyres)

VT (who knows but really slow 15.6-8?)

The quickest of the times listed are best case times certainly not normal for the average worn out car on the street, an example is a friend of mine with a stock VN SS, it pulled 120rwkw on the dyno with big spark advance, he was VERY disapointed. Replaced the filters, spark plugs/leads dizzy cap and rotor button and back on the dyno it pulled 146rwkw, more than enough power to run into the 14's in a ~1400kg car with 400nm of torque. So if you are going to line up one of these cars in great condition with a good driver. that's about what you can expect
Old 08-09-2006, 02:31 AM   #94
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

enough about commodores already. this thread needs to be put to rest.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:47 AM   #95
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
A VR is definitely faster than a VY too so you can save yourself a thread about that , For future reference I'll write a little story.

The V6's

VN series one,VP
Both mid 15 to very high 15 second cars depending on what day they were built:P, some are shockers and some are fast, they differ in speed about as much as the panels line up (or dont line up).

VR, good ones can do 15.6
VE(Omega) 15.8
VS about the same as the VE ^ but the heads flow quite well and it responds much better than the VN-R to exhaust and inlet mods, this is the model of choice if you are doing bolt ons.

VY/X/T The factory dual cat VY's may be the fastest, but really they are all about the same, also like the VS respond well to bolt ons, there's a VX that runs 15.3 with a good exhaust on it and some attention to detail but mostly they are a high 15 or low 16 kinda car, no doubt about it they are the slowest 3.

That's about the order for the V6's.

The 5 liters.

VN/P(high 14's-15.1, quicker for manual VN), Spasm on Street Commodores has the all time "almost stock" world record with a 14.0 in a manual executive VN with stock VN headers a 3inch exhaust and the group A chip in it everything else on the car was stock, no one has ever run a 13, yet and maybe they never will without things like diff gears and custom headers.

VR/S(15.1-15.4ish depending on model executive or optioned ss, a manual executive with a lsd would make 14's with good tyres)

VT (who knows but really slow 15.6-8?)

The quickest of the times listed are best case times certainly not normal for the average worn out car on the street, an example is a friend of mine with a stock VN SS, it pulled 120rwkw on the dyno with big spark advance, he was VERY disapointed. Replaced the filters, spark plugs/leads dizzy cap and rotor button and back on the dyno it pulled 146rwkw, more than enough power to run into the 14's in a ~1400kg car with 400nm of torque. So if you are going to line up one of these cars in great condition with a good driver. that's about what you can expect
See many laugh at the early week cars being better.
My brothers EF was a Monday car. Myn is a Wednesday car.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #96
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Fantz: 1588kg
Old 08-09-2006, 11:04 AM   #97
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

What would win?

I would.. thread closed, take it to the track.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Closed Thread