Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #91
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Mind transalting what the hel you are trying to say?

If you are implying I don't have the XP, ask around and you'll find a few members who can vouch it's real. I had the build thread removed because of the nonense. The shame is for those genuine members who wanted to know how to put rack 'n pinion in, power boosters, air conditioing, etc. So who lost out here?
I stand corrected wally, apologies..

Quote:
Thanks for the lice comment, below the belt and gutter, but funny as hell to bottom feeders.
come on, the comment was nit picking at its best,

Here is an article where a Ford wins out over its competition, and you somehow have to find a negative in comparison to the calais,

From the article "The fighter-jet style induction noise is seriously addictive and is unlike any other car on the market"

I dont see it as a negative personally, its a very quiet car driven sedately..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 10:22 PM   #92
Wally
XP Coupe

Damnit. I just reported you and you show you actually have a decency about you. LOL

Look I know some of you guys don't like me, but prodding and poking me is hardly good sport. I made the mistake of revealing I had a Calais8 several years back, little knowing it diluted my standing in this forum. I tried to use the XP build to help others and some here deemed fit to pollute it for nothing more than vindictiveness and schadenfreuder because I rubbed them up the wrong way.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 10:24 PM   #93
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Damnit. I just reported you and you show you actually have a decency about you. LOL

Look I know some of you guys don't like me, but prodding and poking me is hardly good sport. I made the mistake of revealing I had a Calais8 several years back, little knowing it diluted my standing in this forum. I tried to use the XP build to help others and some here deemed fit to pollute it for nothing more than vindictiveness and schadenfreuder because I rubbed them up the wrong way.
Don't play the victim card wally, you know as well as the rest of us that you never have anything positive to say about Ford or their products, you make it your life mission on these forums to discredit Ford at every corner... you even pointed it out to me in PM's...
The fact that you find any skeric of negativitity in a very positive outcome for the G6ET is proof enough of your agenda...

Again...

Anything good to say about the G6ET wally???? was it a fair result?

Last edited by 4Vman; 14-10-2009 at 10:34 PM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #94
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Anything good to say about the G6ET wally???? was it a fair result?
Hi Norm.
Old 14-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #95
Wally
XP Coupe

LOL Well done. You two are like Batman and Robin dynamic duo.

Norm I think it's a great boost for the Falcon, pun intended. I'm not sure that it's not too subjcetive, something the writer admitted in the CarAdvice blogg. Falcon have been getting some good press lately, which suggests their marketing dept is out there. I'd like to see the VE get a facelift. And just to give you some ammo, I have been very pleased with the Calais, but need to trade it for something new.
Old 14-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #96
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
So I'm thinking Ford will wait and see how the demand is going before they start spending money on ramping up. Also they have changed their policy to build cars to demand, as opposed to what they were doing before and having huge amounts of stock lying around.
I understand the situation is the lesser of two evils but at the end of the day if customers are walking away because of a lack of supply then its simply not good enough and makes the business look rather unprofessional.

The die hard customer will wait, and thats fine, but its the swinging buyer you want to capture and to my knowledge they are the ones that want to buy quickly.

Crappy situation I guess.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #97
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have been very pleased with the Calais, but need to trade it for something new.
Get a G6E-T. It does everything your Calais does, but better .
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 10:36 PM   #98
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilXY
Touche'

C'mon Wally, get a G6ET.. you'll love it!!! :

Old 14-10-2009, 10:38 PM   #99
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Always firing arrows from the safety of the group eh. : I haven't offered any opinion and you still feel it necessary to cause a quarrel. I wouldn't mind the tease if I was allowed to give as good as I get, but that ain't gonna happen is it.

And ponder, for every member you send packing in anger, you deliver one more sale, if not more to the competition. Holden loves you. :togo:
Hey relax wally...it was just a bit of a laugh.: As for your right of reply....i aint gonna stop you.

As for sending people 'packing in anger', well while a sale is sale, if a person wants to pick the car that game dead last over the one that came first, because of a harmless comment of mine, then frankly i don't want them driving a Ford. They clearly don't deserve a G6ET...kinda like automotive karma.

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #100
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilXY
Or an Aurion ..... apparently they are better than a Calais!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 10:41 PM   #101
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
hey lets not go nuts here!
Old 14-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #102
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
4.97... WITH 2 passengers + 3/4 tank of fuel? Holy Jesus.

That would be enough to remove the doors on the new GTS, Sensational for a heavy (er) luxury model. Imagine buying an 80k HSV knowing a G6T will beat you in staight line...Awesome
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 10:44 PM   #103
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED Classic
That would be enough to remove the doors on the new GTS, Sensational for a heavy (er) luxury model. Imagine buying an 80k HSV knowing a G6T will beat you in staight line...Awesome
Or an 80k FPV for that matter. Those soft springs must work wonders for launching this thing. Awesome value for money. If only they offered it with a lsd and a man trans.
Old 14-10-2009, 10:44 PM   #104
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes.. who said this car need LSD or wider tyres..... Clearly traction isnt an issue.

Old 14-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #105
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
A bit harsh there auslandau.....i would have put the calais above the aurion (just) if it were me. Oh wait, did i just defend a calais?? Damn, what will wally say about that.....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 10:48 PM   #106
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
I was beaten by a G6ET on the M5 in my bf turbo ute, on a 60 to 110 run down an onramp and into the overtaking lane..actually I wasnt just beaten into the overtaking lane, from behind, I was left for dead..

They are seriously fast..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 10:50 PM   #107
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Touche'

C'mon Wally, get a G6ET.. you'll love it!!! :
If Wally buys a new Ford I'll... never mind. Come on, Wal, take the blinkers off! Plus, the G6ET is all class, treat yourself, for once!
Old 14-10-2009, 11:33 PM   #108
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

Your standing on this forum has nothing to do with you owning a Holden, its solely down to the fact that you constantly try to discredit Ford and praise Holden, then try to blow smoke up everyone's behind by saying you love them both. If you prefer Holden more than Ford then just say it, people will respect you more for that than lying about it.

Do you expect to be treated well by coming onto a Ford forum and slagging them off. If I ever went to LS1 and slandered Holdens i'd expect to be bashed from pillar to post. I don't understand why you find it suprising.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 11:42 PM   #109
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

OK ... enough of the Off topic barrage! Stick with the topic please .........

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #110
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

5 pages and 109 posts.....yet not one bad word about the Accord.

Whats wrong with you guys? :nutsycuck

I bought 2 of them last year as company cars. I was surprised it did not rate better. I will admit the Accord Luxury V6 was my second choice....the first being the G6Et!!!!!!!, but unfortunately, they weren't available before last years end of financial year deadline.

Seeing comparisons like this makes me happy that i chose a great car........but still cry at missing the G6ET.
Old 15-10-2009, 12:13 AM   #111
Ibrox90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Sorry, but V8's aren't as desirable with thanks to higher oil prices in recent years and "global warmenenenenenenening". Ford don't need to fight V8's against Holden, they already have the crown as the fastest production car in the market. Even Holden V8 boys respect the I6T, and we can all be subjective in our own opinions.

Personally, I think the interiors of the BA were bland; especially when compared to the VE, and in retrospect the exteriors whilst better than the AU were also a little on the bland side. This is further evidenced by the number of people who optioned up stripes, decals and other things to make the cars look better.
Now, the VE HSV's looked muscular and purposeful because they were bold, new and exciting. However, the latest incarnations of the commodore are nothing more than old stock with either fairy lights or rice attached to them. This is why they have been panned. In 2007 the VE calais looked great, but in 2009 it looks.... well...... old.
Remember how much the Holden boys bagged the BF and no visual distinction over the BA MKII? Well, Ford didn't win any styling awards then either, and was regularly panned by motoring bodies as being nothing new and constantly referred to as "looking dated". Now Holden is paying the price for their folly and as such will be deservedly referred to as looking dated as well. The fact the interiors were untouched only hastens their demise as being fresh and exciting. In other words, when they came out they were great, but now the competition has moved on and the humble VE and VE2 looks dated.

As I said before Ford new to compete with Holden at every level if that means ford need to build an "undesirable" V8 (i dont agree with this, i think they are, note SS VE sales) then they have to. They need to compete in every corner of the market because as soon as someone goes out and says "I want a V8" and the only model is an SS (assuming ford drop the XR8, which I believe they will) they are going to buy it. (FPV and HSV are a world apart).

Im not overly sure how to put it. But its like the I6T is in competion with the V8, where the holden V8 even trying.

I think putting an I6T out there as a compeditor to a V8 is like putting a lightweight up for the heavy weight championship. It's a different fight like a mac Vs Pc they can neve rbe directly compared.

Yes the holden V8 boys respect the I6T, but they respect it for what it is, not as the competion.

I dont wanna take anything away from you mate you raise valid points based on now when I was talking about more looking forward my bad.

"However, the latest incarnations of the commodore are nothing more than old stock with either fairy lights or rice attached to them" I dis agree with this one my uncle is involved with holden and theres alot of work in R and D.

I think were now passed the point where holden and ford come out in direct competions in terms of release dates eg.

H F

H F

Time H F

VE

FG

VE

FH LOL if that makes sense

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038

Last edited by Ibrox90; 15-10-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Ibrox90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 11:07 AM   #112
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Your standing on this forum has nothing to do with you owning a Holden, its solely down to the fact that you constantly try to discredit Ford and praise Holden, then try to blow smoke up everyone's behind by saying you love them both. If you prefer Holden more than Ford then just say it, people will respect you more for that than lying about it.

Do you expect to be treated well by coming onto a Ford forum and slagging them off. If I ever went to LS1 and slandered Holdens i'd expect to be bashed from pillar to post. I don't understand why you find it suprising.
I don't think I have ever slagged off Ford, except for a personal incident that threatened the lives of my family. I may have questioned the validity of comments and made, in hindsight, fairly accurate forecasts on things like the Orion, GMs future, Ford financials, etc. I have not succumbed to mindless bagging of opposition brands, calling Holden owners bogans, like Holden owners call Ford owners. You guys are the ones who put one and one together an come up with three. In truth my passion is skewed more to Japanese performance. I haven't worked on a Holden for decades, but I've worked on a few Fords.

I can't admit to being a Holden man if I ain't one. I bought the Calais because it suited my wants and needs, not the least being a V8. The Ford offerings at the time weren't my cup of tea, shock horror, man the oars, arm the embattlements, load the cannon with grapeshot.

Send me a PM with links where I slagged off about Ford and I'll recant. You won't have to do much, because I suspect a witch hunt was already carried out by those who have nothing better to do with their time. Otherwise I expect you to be vocal enough to admit you were wrong in your assumptions.
Old 15-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #113
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Where's the violin smiley?
Old 15-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #114
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Of course Ford looks at Holdens sales but some people on here take it over the top - Fords objective is to make overall profit not beat Holden. I dare say if they are making great profit then they couldn't careless how many Commodores are sold.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #115
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Yes thats what has come from the inside.. Cant get enough metal to fabricate the body work as Ford has a contract and only get supplied a certain amount that its locked in for, this disadvantages them considerably. Back in June 2009 Ford's stock levels were the lowest they have been for many years, and they had the potential to sell alot more cars while holden had stock sitting everywhere (even 08 plate still) and could fill alot of small business orders to take advantage of the 50% investment allowance. Holden build more cars every month and still manage to runout occasionally on specific models like SV6 utes and Calais V Sedans.
Being in the steel industry and reasonably well connected I find this interesting.

Supply and demand at present is not exceeding production capacity (unless they are importing their materials) and a contract which limits supply sounds very strange from both the supplier and customer point of view.

If you've got any more information around this, I would be very interested to hear it.
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #116
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Ford import their materials.. Not sure where but I think most of it comes from China??
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #117
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXR6
Being in the steel industry and reasonably well connected I find this interesting.

Supply and demand at present is not exceeding production capacity (unless they are importing their materials) and a contract which limits supply sounds very strange from both the supplier and customer point of view.

If you've got any more information around this, I would be very interested to hear it.
Agreed allocation was an issue last year, but its not a problem this year. Currently both local and overseas suppliers have steel that they are happy to sell.

On the G6ET they are seriously quick and a great car to drive. I dont know if they would beat a GTS, but for the cost and the quality of the car they are fantastic. The suspension set up, doenst actually feel that soft either (its comfortable, but the car definitely doesnt have a lot of body roll, or that vague soft feeling you can get from other luxury cars)

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #118
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Beat a GTS for what?

Certainly you couldn't be including anything that requires a hard application of the brake pedal more than twice and getting out of corners the other side without an LSD....

Nor is it designed to. It is a Ford in the Fairmont Ghia vein, not in the sporting vein. Despite great acceleration.
Old 15-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #119
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Beat a GTS for what?

Certainly you couldn't be including anything that requires a hard application of the brake pedal more than twice and getting out of corners the other side without an LSD....

Nor is it designed to. It is a Ford in the Fairmont Ghia vein, not in the sporting vein. Despite great acceleration.
Good point... why even compare it to a GTS..?
The G6ET is a magnificent luxury sedan, its NOT a performance sedan, even if its quick in a straight line that's only 10% of what make a performance sedan creditable....

Old 15-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #120
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB076
Agreed allocation was an issue last year, but its not a problem this year. Currently both local and overseas suppliers have steel that they are happy to sell.

On the G6ET they are seriously quick and a great car to drive. I dont know if they would beat a GTS, but for the cost and the quality of the car they are fantastic. The suspension set up, doenst actually feel that soft either (its comfortable, but the car definitely doesnt have a lot of body roll, or that vague soft feeling you can get from other luxury cars)
Ah...last year...when things were going gangbusters, no one could keep up and everyone was on supply allocation...those were the days...

Ford importing steel from China may explain why the Falcon is not on our list of company vehicles to choose from.
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post