Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 19-05-2009, 11:38 PM   #91
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
A commo v6 that revs to 10K? i really find that hard to believe, most rotarys wont go much past 9,500!

Be a little more open to what's out there. I've had jap piston engines reving up around 11000 with turbo.
Old 20-05-2009, 01:18 AM   #92
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzer
It's been done, pm me for further details. Remember this is with different cams and a manifold replacement. The alloytec has 6bolt mains with forged steel crank and forged steel rods, forged aluminum bolts. Revs to 9000rpm safely with just different cams.

Oh and guys, im guying for a test drive in a FG this friday! The guy is upgrading to a V8, Ill let you know how it goes!
I have one thing to say, any engine modified to rev to 9000rpm will not be a daily driver as you expect in one of your criteria's earlier.

You want an 11second FG XR6 NA or VE SV6. Think $60k at least and probably double it (if you are going to get a shop to do the work entirely) with all the driveline and failures as you trail and error parts that work and do not work.
Old 20-05-2009, 04:55 AM   #93
Need_a_V8

kezzer, what do you drive at the moment?

I thought you already had a VE SV6 ute?
Old 20-05-2009, 05:58 AM   #94
boris

Quote:
Fair enough mate, I see what your saying. I was a bit stupid in looking at 9 sec 6.

haha just a random thought, has anyone put a ford engine in a commodore before? Like the looks of the VE over the FG, but everyone on here seems to think the barra has the better motor. Could be interesting lol.

The alloytecs can be stroked for 4.0-4.2 litres from the horses mouth.

Would love to see one in the flesh.

There are plenty of Chev powered fords around, mainly old school, easier to mod the old 350 apparently. I think it may be a bit harder to jam a ford i6 in a commo though, due to the length and all. Probably easier to stick the v6 in a Falcon. However personally I never got the whole crossbreed thing, keep the bloodline pure I say, if you've got a Ford power it with a Ford!!
Old 20-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #95
kezzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_a_V8
kezzer, what do you drive at the moment?

I thought you already had a VE SV6 ute?
Nope, I am currently driving around an old Mitsubishi lancer, lol, biggest pile of junk. Must have me confused with someone else.
Old 20-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #96
kezzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR_Strider_GuY
I have one thing to say, any engine modified to rev to 9000rpm will not be a daily driver as you expect in one of your criteria's earlier.

You want an 11second FG XR6 NA or VE SV6. Think $60k at least and probably double it (if you are going to get a shop to do the work entirely) with all the driveline and failures as you trail and error parts that work and do not work.
ok thanks for that, it's never simple is it? lol, but that's what makes it so bloody fun.Talking about workshops, anyone know a decent one in or around melbourne? I don't mind the travel, I've been to the Horse Power factory before, but the parts he quoted me for a BA was through the roof.
Old 20-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #97
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris
Probably easier to stick the v6 in a Falcon.
Problem is why would you put a slower engine in a heavier car?
Old 20-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #98
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
ok thanks for that, it's never simple is it? lol, but that's what makes it so bloody fun.Talking about workshops, anyone know a decent one in or around melbourne? I don't mind the travel, I've been to the Horse Power factory before, but the parts he quoted me for a BA was through the roof.
This should give you an idea of how hard it is to get an SV6 up and boogying:

here
Old 20-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #99
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
This should give you an idea of how hard it is to get an SV6 up and boogying:

here
Ha Ha, the first V6 mentioned is actually a Rodeo!!! Coming in at a very healthy 416.7 kW (558.8 HP)
Old 20-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #100
boris

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Problem is why would you put a slower engine in a heavier car?
Slower engine yep, heavier car? the difference is insignificant really, I've off loaded more weight the morning after a good curry!!
Old 20-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #101
kezzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Bud
Ha Ha, the first V6 mentioned is actually a Rodeo!!! Coming in at a very healthy 416.7 kW (558.8 HP)
FIrst one is:

Rodeo V6Turbo
606.8 kW
813.1 HP

The second one is
Rodeo V6Charged
416.7 kW
558.8 HP

Same owner though?
Old 20-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #102
Rob
Living the dream

I thought school holidays were over....
Old 20-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #103
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris
There are plenty of Chev powered fords around, mainly old school, easier to mod the old 350 apparently.
Apparently you have been listening to the wrong people.
Old 20-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #104
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Apparently you have been listening to the wrong people.
Apparently you are right!!! i don't know of any old school Ford musclecars powered by a 350..
The only "Fords" powered by chevs that i know of are hotrods..

Old 20-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #105
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordboy1981
it sounds like you've made up your mind and you just want us to agree with you...
I'm wondering whom kezzer REALLY is...

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
Old 20-05-2009, 04:25 PM   #106
kezzer

Your mum?

Obviously Kezzer isn't my real name... is yours platinumXR?

I wonder whom you really are??????????????

Sorta excited for friday, the FG im looking at is in green!
Old 20-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #107
kezzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
I thought school holidays were over....
You think?

Judging by the cars listed in your sig, you should have stayed in school.

:the_finge
Old 20-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #108
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
bahahaha

Are you a year 10 drop-out?? :

Where, and please tell me, did I say I was going to put a barra in a commodore??? Do YOU think before you type this up lol?? I said it would be interesting, didn't say I was going to do it. :

Also there are plenty of people driving high powered cars with NO idea how the internals work. :the_finge

Anyway, getting back to people that actually want to help.

5's at 120km/hour is bloody good stock. Whats the best you've got for 100km/hour? And yes I know it's at a constant speed.

Good to know there are a lot of people willing to give advice on these forums and not act like w*nk*s

Cheers.
You mentioned sub 10 second cars and now turn the topic too good fuel economy, the two issues do not go hand in hand, do you have a point to this thread because i can't see it ?

Edit.

I just noticed the last two replies from the OP, the thread is bad enough but attitude to members is not tolerated.

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 20-05-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Closed Thread