Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-01-2015, 12:41 PM   #91
Hawkeye84

Default Re: New KIA 7 year warranty....Unlimited k's!

Carnival will launch Q1 this year.

You can register your interest for the new model here: http://www.kia.com.au/cars/people-movers/carnival

If you are willing to wait, the new Sorento will be here the second half of the year. http://www.caradvice.com.au/311342/2...ails-revealed/

Both cars will have significant updates from the existing model
Hawkeye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2015, 10:54 AM   #92
satria
FOXWHO

We have now travelled a couple thousand km's in the car and there have been no issues to report at all. The car's systems continue to impress and the comfort levels on board for all passengers is always exceptional, particularly for kids. Even on the brightest of days you can make the 2nd and 3rd rows extremely dark (and cool obviously with 2nd & 3rd row AC vents) with the help of the privacy glass & slide up privacy screens which is great for keeping kids entertained when on their Nintendo games or sleeping etc.

Now that I have spent more time with the car I am noticing a greater difference in things like the steering sensitivity options, during my test drives I couldn't notice much difference at all but once you drive for a few days on comfort then switch to sport mode the difference is definitely there. Needless to say because of the comfort levels of the whole car and the fact it isn't a sports car it rarely moves from the comfort setting. Saying that though the car has some serious grunt, Last night I had an impatient lady in a Deisel Terri pull up along side me and I knew she was going to punch it as she looked to be in a hurry so I thought I would see how the Sorento went. We were at a set of lights and it was a steep hill we had to climb, I didn't even have to give it full throttle to outgun the Terri and I'm fairly sure she was giving it the beans. I stopped accelerating at 60 as I was more interested in the grunt down low to get us up the hill andI was very impressed.

The trip computer is saying 8.6L/100km's and that has been with AC consistently on high, seats and all. Next fill up I will do my own real world calcs and see how that measures up.

Gave the car a simple wash & wax, I have some nice polishes coming from the US in the next couple weeks which should really give the car a nice look. I can't wait!

satria is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2015, 01:19 PM   #93
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by satria View Post
Tried really hard to make the Territory the right car for us but we just couldn't make it work against the Kia Sorento. Even the latest SZ Mk2 Titanium with all the fruit just didn't stack up against the $5000 cheaper Sorento.

We pick up our new KIA tomorrow morning! Very excited!
hmmm, cant really compare a Territory to a sorrento?

Territory is full size with a properly powerful engine.

Kia has the better warranty.
HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2015, 01:43 PM   #94
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kia has same power and torque (near enough)
Tez has better towing (speed is a Q though)
Kia has 1 million features that the tez will not get (heated/cooled seats, sun/moon roof, 3rd row A/C)

Kia is Korean, this is why they try so hard (not sure why Korean Holdens do not suffer this blight, but that is off topic.

Tez has power and torque from a tried and tested 2.7 6cyl (new school from Rangey), Kia is a 2.2 4 cyl (newer school)

... I am in the same quandary, I think Tez will win for its name and higher towing capacity ... anyone with an SZ+ 2012+ Titanium for sale , please PM.
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2015, 01:58 PM   #95
satria
FOXWHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
hmmm, cant really compare a Territory to a sorrento?

Territory is full size with a properly powerful engine.

Kia has the better warranty.
Can't compare? I was unaware of this?

Both are full size 7 seat SUV's, diesel options, family lifestyle in mind, similarly priced. How much more alike do they need to be? I checked out both cars multiple times and test drove both multiple times and as far as I'm concerned they are definitely worth comparing.

We don't ever do any major towing so to be honest I never compared that.

And as for the properly powerful engine comment, diesel vs diesel I'm telling you the KIA outgunned the Terri uphill!
satria is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #96
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by satria View Post
Can't compare? I was unaware of this?

Both are full size 7 seat SUV's, diesel options, family lifestyle in mind, similarly priced. How much more alike do they need to be? I checked out both cars multiple times and test drove both multiple times and as far as I'm concerned they are definitely worth comparing.

We don't ever do any major towing so to be honest I never compared that.

And as for the properly powerful engine comment, diesel vs diesel I'm telling you the KIA outgunned the Terri uphill!
Yeah, these Hyundai/Kia 2.0 and 2.2 Diesels are amazing engines.
I've owned almost every type of engine from many different manufacturers and Hyundai have really kicked a goal with these two engines.
The refinement and power/torque are awesome.

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2015, 07:55 PM   #97
chookaradley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashie View Post
Yeah, these Hyundai/Kia 2.0 and 2.2 Diesels are amazing engines.
I've owned almost every type of engine from many different manufacturers and Hyundai have really kicked a goal with these two engines.
The refinement and power/torque are awesome.
Agree 100%. R Series 2.2 puts out near enough same power as a Territory with 10-15% better economy. It's been around for over 5 years now with few issues. No timing belts, No DPF. Great very capable engine.
chookaradley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post