Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-06-2007, 11:48 AM   #91
partzkid

Default .

i'm 18, get roughhly $400 clear per week. not bad
$150 pw on rent
$100 on food, i like to eat something other than 2 min noodles
$20 a week on gas if that, the advantage of living 200m from work and all your mates drive/live close.
and the rest either is saved for next week or goes on clothes, footy etc..

i get by alright, been doing this since the first day i was 18, so bout six months now. all my mates who still live at home don't know how good they have it. one of my mates earns 700 clear a fortnoght, gives it to his parents and they pay for EVERYTHING. even if it is more than 700 bucks

partzkid
partzkid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 01:11 PM   #92
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Interesting to see how some people must have been brought up. I feel like I must not have had much discipline when it came to money, but that's just bullshit excuse. I'd say I more likely just ignored it.

I sit here $20k bad debt to my name and have to pay it off with nothing to show. Luckily for me, I managed to score a job that pays just under $40kpa, has a company car and a fuel card - I'm 22 years old. Had I not found a job like the one I have (no qualifications) I could say I'd be royally fkd.

However, I still manage to pay a significant amount more off my loan than the minimum repayment, rent a place, pay for the furniture, pay for groceries, bills, mobile, clothes and anything else I need, have managed to get myself a toy car (injected 5ltr VH SL/E) for the weekends and afford to do work to it, as well as party as hard as I do (always beers/canadians in the fridge) and all that.

Budgeting is a major thing regardless of what you earn. I hate when I get to thinking about what my life would be like now if it weren't for the negative equity I've scored myself thanks to being a tool with... you guessed it! cars!
Old 25-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #93
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Interesting thread. I'm 25 and still living at home, will be moving out this year.

When I was 18 I was working part time and studying. Earning about $160 a week. Honestly I was living better back then than I am now. I always seemed to have cash to go out and buy things, go out partying once or twice a week and have plenty of money in the bank.

Good times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #94
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
judging by all the replies here . i'd say us felows who were 18 in the late 80's / early 90's . were better off, under which government you ask ???? i'll leave it here .
today i think to be equivelant you need an income of around $1000 / week clear, and be living at home . as some are accomplishing this i can see, however all of us were back then. in equivelant terms .
This is drawing a long string to the bow!

The world is a different place now... but i guess we might have an opportunity to see how your theory works out over the next few years... Ill leave it here
Old 25-06-2007, 03:31 PM   #95
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

cool thread! good to see everyones replys.

when i was 18 back in 2000, moved out with my mates, right into partying etc, was only on about $400/week while at uni.. good times, tonnes of fun.

now just got a job as assistant accountant only paying 45k pa but have learned about money management, and am about to move into my 1st house, which due to the boom i now have 150 ish k equity in.

good times back then, and alot less money worries haha but i think that i took the right path rather than partying for ever.

keep the replys coming guys!
Old 25-06-2007, 10:22 PM   #96
primo

nversace: "u doin an apprentiship chris? i didnt know that .. what u doing?"

hey nathan, im a 4th year motor mechanic
primo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #97
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Im 20 and have my own place on the old mans property. only pay for the mobile bill and car repayments
I work about 30hrs a week for ~$650ish
My money mostly goes on general upkeep on both cars (this week: Dizzy on the EL, Insurance on the XD)
And the GF (18) dosent need money, she gets $400/pw allowance from her parents

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 03:12 PM   #98
MON10A

way back in 1981 i was 18,apprentice mechanic on $96 week.worked after school and weekends and owned xb gt outright,petrol was 45cent litre,bundy was cheaper by the flagon,doing a pub crawl was a challange due to number of pub/clubs in a town its size.life was good.
MON10A is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post