Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-09-2006, 10:40 PM   #121
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Yeap I am starting to get over it aswell. They crap on on and about equallying if not surpassing the euro stuff, and yet they cant even option a bloody manual.

AMG, M Power etc still have the convential manual as an option, yet FPV cant even do that!
In Europe, the main Transmission of choice is a Manual. They haven't cottoned onto the Auto Revolution, and with the quality of the French Auto's, I don't blame them. The Germans however is another matter. AMG and M have the demand in their home countries to supply Manuals, and they spend time and money refining the package for both (and in come cases three) transmissions.

Compare that to Australia. We are a country with large cities, that are sparsely dotted around the continent. Out Cities are populated, and traffic is awful. Autos, therefore is the Transmission of choice for new car buyers. Especially with the quality of the ZF in the Falcon. The Fairmont wouldn't have many Manual buyers, as it is seen as a "Luxury Car", not a "Sports Car", which the Force 6/8 won't be either.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 10:42 PM   #122
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Yeap I am starting to get over it aswell. They crap on on and about equallying if not surpassing the euro stuff, and yet they cant even option a bloody manual.

AMG, M Power etc still have the convential manual as an option, yet FPV cant even do that!
AMGs are autos only
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 11:12 PM   #123
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Exactly my thinking, manual would be a wasted option on this kind of vehicle given its target market.
I agree that the large majority of sales will be auto. But my point is, and Ive probably harped on about it too much, how friggen hard is it to offer the manual as an option?

There is NO work to be done, as has been said before, this car is no different to a GT/F6 powertrain wise, so were is the issue?

Alot of people buy a car based heavily an its transmission. And if FPV is going to continue its campaign of "performance" cars, then what kind of performance car doesn't have a damn manual option?

Im peeved because there is no good reason as to why it cant be done, its a no brainer that potentially could increase sales with no further work required.

Fords problem is that they see things from a model on model perspective. A GT should be no different to a XT other than the obvious upgrades, and if someone wants a manual then they should be able to tick that box. Even if its a cost option I would lay money on it that people will pay for it.

And just because the target is 50 year olds, doesn't mean that they have one foot in the grave. Most of them are buying an FPV because they can, but also because they want to relive their childhood (or some physcological thing like that).

What about my Ghia? Ok its not a new car, but Im most definately not the target customer. There are people off all tastes, and if you can broaden your audience with no cost to yourself then why not.:

After this thread I promise to stop harping on about the whole manual thing...lol

EDIT: I also remember reading that BMW put a conventual manual option on the 6 series just for the US market aswell, and they are lazier than us! :
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 11:18 PM   #124
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
The manual driveline probably isn't refined enough which would be another issue as well.
Thats another issue that FPV has, but if its good enough for a GTP and everything else then its good enough for a force. By not having it they are almost confirming that the T56 is a POS.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 18-09-2006, 11:20 PM   #125
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

Its not that easy to just slap a manual ina ghia. It is accually a very costly addition on the production line. It would mean new wiring looms new computer ect. Research shows that majority of ghia buyers want auto's.
WOTDAH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 11:23 PM   #126
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTDAH
Its not that easy to just slap a manual ina ghia. It is accually a very costly addition on the production line. It would mean new wiring looms new computer ect. Research shows that majority of ghia buyers want auto's.
AH, how I hate it when people say that. FPV should be scrambling for all the sales they can, not making excuses.

I thought a GTP was based off a fairmont/ghia? So isn't a Force just a GTP without the kit and wheels? Therefore it isn't anymore work.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 22-09-2006, 04:18 PM   #127
Boss 290

speaking of bf2....im not 100 percent sure but i think i may have seen a new v8 ghia....it sounded nice and had a different front....it was near canterbury road coming back from milperra...it was going to quick for me to be 100 percent but...maybe it went for more tests near peter warren ford...what ever it was doing it has made me realise that bf2 may be here with in a fortnight
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #128
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

Mate, they will be. They are in production now and have been for a week. But Ford are shut down next week.
Old 22-09-2006, 08:45 PM   #129
Boss 290

why are ford shut done ?
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 08:48 PM   #130
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

didnt they start on the 21st?

I heard dealers will start getting them late next week early first week off oct.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2006, 04:14 AM   #131
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

http://www.newfalcon.com.au/servlet/...5190&c=DFYPage
BF 2 release website has images of the ghia and XR
power doesn't seem to have changed from the BF 1 xr6t has 245kw 480nm
come on sale oct 22nd
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2006, 05:01 AM   #132
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 290
why are ford shut done ?
Because they are not selling enough cars. Seems odd that they decided to do it just before they release an up grade. But that is Fords way of thinking.
Old 23-09-2006, 11:12 AM   #133
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

I just wish they put a descent amount of space between the manual pedals and the kick panel.

I've bought an auto GT-P (delivery next week hopefully), becuase I couldn't physically drive the manual, I didn't think my feet were that wide. I just can't get the accelerator without dragiing my foot down the kick panel AND tapping the brake.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 10:17 AM   #134
xr8ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by data_mine
I just wish they put a descent amount of space between the manual pedals and the kick panel.

I've bought an auto GT-P (delivery next week hopefully), becuase I couldn't physically drive the manual, I didn't think my feet were that wide. I just can't get the accelerator without dragiing my foot down the kick panel AND tapping the brake.
I dont find the manual to be a problem at all, and I have have very wide size 14 feet???
Old 24-09-2006, 12:20 PM   #135
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

I wear a size 13.

I'm rusty in a manual for sure, but the day I tested a F6 manual, I'd just come from a VZ Clubbie* manual and had no problems.

*They go like stink in a straight line, but can't handle for ****.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 06:34 PM   #136
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTDAH
Because they are not selling enough cars. Seems odd that they decided to do it just before they release an up grade. But that is Fords way of thinking.
This week off is annual leave shutdown and has been on the calender since last year. Nothing to do with not selling enough cars. Better to do it before the new model is released to avoid a big build up of old models. :
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 09:46 PM   #137
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ted
I dont find the manual to be a problem at all, and I have have very wide size 14 feet???
Same mate ive got wide size 14's and i don't have any trouble at all!
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post