Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
ben131185

Default nolathane/urethane bushes

fitted up a combination of whiteline and nolathane bushes 2-3 months ago.

they seemed good at the beginning, fair bit of road noise and a slightly harsh ride but quite responsive and the noise from what i suspect was a worn original bush had gone.

fast forward to now and the front suspension has become super squeaky, quite annoying really. i'm thinking the only solutions are to turn up the radio or swap them out for rubber, which would be a bit of a waste as the bushes are brand new.

what are ur experiences with nolthane/whiteline bushes?

ben131185 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #2
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Default Re: nolathane/urethane bushes

I have had a full set of nolathane bushes in my eb v8 for about 7 years now,apart from a harsher ride ive had absolutely no issues with them,did you grease the right parts of the bushes?
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #3
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nolathane give an extremely harsh ride.
Do not squeak what so ever if greased correctly, need to be greased heavily ever 6 months most people say.
And last a lot longer than rubber bushes.
Whiteline bushes are similar to superpro and there my recommended bush to use or use original rubber.
mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #4
STINKY NINJA
Banned

I gave mine a very thin smear of grease on installation years ago and they havent been touched since with no noises,so id have to disagree with regular greasing.
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2014, 10:16 PM   #5
ben131185

yeah greased the right parts. used all the supplied grease. some of it come out when putting them togeather but i dont think that could be avoided.

im not interested in pulling them out and regreasing them regularly, if i pull the control arms out they aren't going back in!

ill put up with it for the time being and see how it goes.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #6
Dodge
i like to be stroked

my 2007 ss had nolathane , worst bushes ever hard brittle and didnt last gone to a poly bush much better
Old 06-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #7
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

are your bolts all real tight on the control arms and tightened only with full weight on?
Old 07-01-2014, 03:28 PM   #8
ben131185

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly94 View Post
are your bolts all real tight on the control arms and tightened only with full weight on?
all bolts were tightened with a torque wrench to specifications.

i must admit i didn't do it at ride height, its pretty hard to get under there at ride height.
ill use some ramps loosen and re-torque but i cant see that helping as for the first 6 weeks or more there was no noise at all.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:31 PM   #9
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben131185 View Post
all bolts were tightened with a torque wrench to specifications.

i must admit i didn't do it at ride height, its pretty hard to get under there at ride height.
ill use some ramps loosen and re-torque but i cant see that helping as for the first 6 weeks or more there was no noise at all.
Mate never tighten suspension without full load on the parts, bushes can bind etc, and squeak if done with no load, sway bars you can normally do without vehicle weight on them but not control arms.

This may fix your problem.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #10
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly94 View Post
Mate never tighten suspension without full load on the parts, bushes can bind etc, and squeak if done with no load, sway bars you can normally do without vehicle weight on them but not control arms.

This may fix your problem.

I used Superpro bushes in the front end with plenty of the supplied grease everywhere and didnt have to worry about setting at ride height and it doesn't make a sound.

Do Nolathane bushes twist like a stock rubber bush, or slide like Superpro etc?

If they slide like the Superpro ones on the crush tube then he may not need to worry about tightening at ride height as the grease is for lubricating the urethane rubbing on the stationary crush tube like a bearing on a shaft.

I do agree that rubber (or any bush that twists rather than slides) should be tightened at ride height though.

Cheers.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.

Last edited by mif73; 07-01-2014 at 04:51 PM.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #11
ben131185

they're like the superpro bushes. they made no noise for the first 2 months. don't think its got to do with not tightening at ride height.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #12
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

I had the same problem in the XF, used nolathane, greased them and torqued to spec at ride height. Eventually got a squeak in the front end I couldn't trace that went away when driving in the wet.

A chap put me onto Lanotec, it's a lanolin based lubricant. I filled a 500ml trigger spray bottle, adjusted the nozzle to jet and squirted sparingly in and around the bushes - problem went away after a couple of days. Cost was around $22/litre from Repco.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: