Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-02-2021, 09:33 PM   #1
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default LED Driving lights ?FG grill

time has come to get rid of ugly rectangular light bar in front of FG utes grill.

been thinking/toying with an idea then telling myself dont be such a dopey assss.
My thinking FG11 XT ute lower grill....cut 2 neat circle holes in and fit these Lightforce Venom recessed lights 3" deep and 7" diameter. Would have to go narrow European number plate across the front

sort of Eleanor Mustang

whats your thoughts

Last edited by Tonz; 27-02-2021 at 10:36 PM.
Tonz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2021, 09:40 PM   #2
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: LED Driving lights ?FG grill

I've driven Trucks with 4 LED spotlights and they were great.......................... for about 100metres.

Cibie Super Oscars are still my favourite
Old 15-02-2021, 09:44 PM   #3
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’d go with Franco’s recommendation of mid-grade Fyrlights. Maybe an extra one at the back for tailgaters.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-02-2021, 09:48 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
time has come to get rid of ugly rectangular light bar in front of FG utes grill.

been thinking/toying with an idea then telling myself dont be such a dopey assss.
My thinking FG11 XT ute lower grill....cut 2 neat circle holes in and fit these Lightforce Venom recessed lights 3" deep and 7" diameter. Would have to go narrow European number plate across the front

sort of Eleanor Mustang

whats your thoughts
Would look great
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2021, 09:49 PM   #5
Gothefalcon
FAWD - No Boundaries
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: He takes long trips in his AWD Falcon & where ever he goes he sets out to meet forum members at various destinations. He does this without expectation of any sort. I have had the pleasure of spending time with Dhru on two of his separate trips and his gre Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The excellent write ups in your BF AWD Falcon Wagon thread 

Quote:
sort of Eleanor Mustang
whats your thoughts
There's a reason they don't put the floodlights at the footy, along the boundary fence

D

22 DJR Shell V-Power Mustang Eskymobile (my first EV)
07 BF2 AWD Falcon Wagon (Daily driver)
04 BA Falcon 1Tonner Ute (New Project)
03 BA Falcon Wagon (Spare)
98 NL Fairlane Ghia V8 (Weekend cruiser)
70 VG paddock racer (Cain it til it breaks.. fix it.. Cain it all over again !)
Gothefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-02-2021, 01:45 PM   #6
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks for info so far.
Ive never done the lower grill any damage and with poly carbonate lens covers that should provide protection from wildlife, otherwise insurance will.
I like the lightforce as they are slim and can attach to grill without any bars or plate to be added to hold them in place.
But I also hear the comments about HID v LED, trying to find something suitable in HID is proving difficult.
Old 16-02-2021, 01:51 PM   #7
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
thanks for info so far.
Ive never done the lower grill any damage and with poly carbonate lens covers that should provide protection from wildlife, otherwise insurance will.
I like the lightforce as they are slim and can attach to grill without any bars or plate to be added to hold them in place.
But I also hear the comments about HID v LED, trying to find something suitable in HID is proving difficult.
How strong is the grille, and what sort of vibration would the lights get?
Old 16-02-2021, 02:00 PM   #8
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

think its strong enough, if I cant find better option then time will tell.

Had a Wedge tail eagle try to get inside the ute this morning through the windscreen, fortunately for me he failed. I hope he is OK but I wasnt in the mood to assist.