Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 18-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Girl sues over Face Tattoo

Just read this. I am sure most of you have seen it. Either that guy has the lightest touch when tattooing or that girl could sleep through an earthquake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken from Ninemsn
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/826...ttoo-nightmare

A Belgian teenager has been left with 56 stars inked on her face after allegedly falling asleep in a tattoo artist's chair.

Kimberley Vlaminck, 18, claims her father paid for her to receive three stars near her left eye.

But the teen says she fell asleep while her dad ate ice cream outside, before awakening to discover half her face covered in 56 black stars.

PHOTOS: The world's worst tattoos

"My father wanted to pay because in our family everyone has a tattoo," the Telegraph reported Ms Vlaminck as saying.

"When he started to tattoo me, I did not feel pain and I fell asleep. I awoke as he tattooed me on the nose and I saw what he had done.

"I cannot go out on to the street, I am so embarrassed … I just look ugly, a freak, mutilated."

The family is seeking $18,400 in damages to pay for laser removal of the "nightmare" inking.

But Rouslan Toumaniantz, who operates The Tattoo Box in the southeast city of Courtrai, claims he was only fulfilling his client's wishes and is demanding payment of $87 for the work.

"She was awake all the time," he said.

"I did not hypnotise or dope her, as they say — it was with agreement.

"No way could I have tattooed so many stars on her face against her will."

The artist said there was only conflict once Ms Vlaminck's shocked father saw the full extent of the tattoos that his daughter had requested.
Old 18-06-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
GeoNazi
Banned

I think it is a load of bull.. the face is amongest the hurtful spots...
Old 18-06-2009, 12:11 AM   #3
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Her boyfriend no longer has to stare into her eyes to see the stars...

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Old 18-06-2009, 12:12 AM   #4
Kryton

what kind of parent would let their kid get their face tattoo'd - better yet, what kind of parent would pay for it.

"I cannot go out on to the street, I am so embarrassed … I just look ugly, a freak, mutilated."

Dont think it would matter if it were 3 stars or 56.
Old 18-06-2009, 12:29 AM   #5
Ross-b
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
what kind of parent would let their kid get their face tattoo'd - better yet, what kind of parent would pay for it.

Dont think it would matter if it were 3 stars or 56.

must agree with you there lol

Recent Car
Old 18-06-2009, 12:34 AM   #6
AUIIForte

She is suing the tattoo artist. She has no case, she has lost.

Anybody with a tattoo, any place on their body, knows that when she said that she 'fell a sleep', that its complete . HAHAHA, who is going to believe her, jesus christ.

Nobody would EVER fall a sleep while getting a tattoo. The closest thing to this would be getting really darn drunk, then getting some tattoo and the next day completely regretting it. But she is only 18, she went there with her father. She is at fault. She has no case.
Old 18-06-2009, 12:45 AM   #7
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

How can you fall asleep while getting a face tattoo?? If it is anything like getting a tattoo on the underside of your foot or on the bone on your ankle...NO WAY you could sleep through that. I screamed through most of mine Those spots hurt!

Talk about a bad case of buyers remorse...
Old 18-06-2009, 12:54 AM   #8
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Considering evey tattoo place is run by bikies the last thing you'd want to do is try and sue them.
Old 18-06-2009, 01:16 AM   #9
SVD

what a crock, she wanted it the father saw and cracked the shits and she is bullshitting her way into more trouble.
Old 18-06-2009, 01:29 AM   #10
motorcycles4eva
love the xa's

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVD
what a crock, she wanted it the father saw and cracked the shits and she is bullshitting her way into more trouble.
lol.. how true.. what i don't get.. i don't have tatts but can imagine that you'd feel something prodding into your skin right???
i read the article and she said she fell asleep only to wake from her nose hurting from the tatt??
why would you sleep on 3 stars in the first place?
lol.. suck kaka little girl...
Old 18-06-2009, 08:57 AM   #11
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/826...ist-backs-down

Quote:
The tattooist who inked 56 stars on the face of a Belgian teenager who claimed to be sleeping at the time has offered to pay half of the cost to have them removed.

Although Rouslan Toumaniantz refuses to accept blame for the extreme artwork that Kimberley Vlaminck claims has turned her into a "freak", he has accepted that 18-year-old is unhappy with the final result and wants to make amends.

"I maintain that she absolutely agreed that I tattoo those 56 stars on the left side of her face," Belgian newspaper La Derniere Heure reported Mr Toumaniantz as saying.

"A witness, a woman who was present, has already been questioned by police, and she confirms it.

"But be that as it may, Kimberley is unhappy and it is not my wish to have an unsatisfied client."

Ms Vlaminck's family launched legal action against the operator The Tattoo Box in the southeast Belgian city of Courtrai, claiming damages as well as $18,400 for laser removal.

Mr Toumaniantz, who himself is almost entirely covered in tattoos and piercings, says that the bizarre incident may even be good for business.

"I don't regret it," he said.

"To tell you the truth, this has given me some publicity."

The teenager claims she fell asleep in the artist's chair after requesting three stars around her left eye.

With her approving father outside eating ice cream, she allegedly drifted off to sleep while 56 black stars were needled into her face and nose.

"I cannot go out on to the street, I am so embarrassed," Ms Vlaminck said.

"I think he didn’t understand what I wanted. He spoke only fractured English and French.

"But I explicitly said in my native tongue, French, and also in a little bit of English when he looked confused, that I wanted three little stars only near my left eye."

The tattooist maintains his teenage client was happy with the work and the transaction only soured when her father and boyfriend saw the design.

"She asked for 56 stars and that’s what she got," he said.
this is a pic of the guy that done the tatoos and a pic of the girl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 18-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #12
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
[url]this is a pic of the guy that done the tatoos and a pic of the girl
Quite frankly, you'd have to be a wombat to let someone have at your face with a tattoo thingie when their face looks like that. Compare to the artist, I see no tattoo's on her face. Perhaps she should just pay him to walk around with her until she gets used to it?
Old 18-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #13
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Quite frankly, you'd have to be a wombat to let someone have at your face with a tattoo thingie when their face looks like that. Compare to the artist, I see no tattoo's on her face. Perhaps she should just pay him to walk around with her until she gets used to it?
Ha ha ha, agreed. Just look at the genetic freak that she let have a go at her. It's be like walking up to Mike Tyson and saying; "Hey Mike, you talk funny" and then trying to sue him for de-facing you.

Quote: