Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
t2te50
Banned

Default Will Kyoto spell the end for aussie muscle?

This is the question that will send a chill through every enthusiasts heart. I'm personaly afraid of the ramafacations and would like to get other peoples opinions on this. It has actually suparised me that no one has brought it up sooner!!!

Has voting Rudd killed off any hopes of their ever being a GTHO or even a T3 AU for that matter??

Old 05-12-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its going to devastate industry, including the car industry.

Edit: Please don't include the AU T3 and the GTHO in the same sentence.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #3
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

The rest of the world gets alone fine with kyoto and Australia will too
Old 05-12-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
FordFella
Hoon (I wish!)

Rudds a useless tool. And with the Dancing at his side as environmental minister and some random woman as minister for(?) climate change our car industry might just collapse. And the crap thing is there is no-one famous on our side.

: If only I were old enough :
Old 05-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #5
FordFella
Hoon (I wish!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
The rest of the world gets alone fine with kyoto and Australia will too
Yeah, but the rest of the world doesn't have muscle cars! Except for America, and look how their industry is going!

: If only I were old enough :
Old 05-12-2007, 09:38 PM   #6
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Have a look at some of the cars coming out of Europe and the new GT-R from japan. They will shatter anything America and Aus can offer
Old 05-12-2007, 09:40 PM   #7
Barry_v
rocknrolla

yes, and our economy will collapse and society will drop into anarchy.

and mel gibson will get the XB out.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:42 PM   #8
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_v
yes, and our economy will collapse and society will drop into anarchy.

and mel gibson will get the XB out.
let the good times roll.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:43 PM   #9
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well for starters old school muscle cars died when the Euro III compliance came out 3 years ago. The shift from windsor to the boss signified the change.

Secondly, the EU are strong supporters of the Kyoto protocol and they are still able to manufacture awesome V8s

There will still be muscle cars e.g. B series GTs, but it won't be old school.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:51 PM   #10
SLO-04L
It Never Ends

personally i would rather drive a 6cyl falcon and not have to deal with melting polar icecaps and drought at the same time, than drive a big v8 and have to cruise around with my aircon on because of the 45degree days in winter,

Its evolution, in order for the Australian automotive industry to survive it will need to adapt and evolve into the new conditions, you don't need a big capacity car to make big power and at the same time big capacity doesn't have to mean higher emissions, the manufacturers will just have to spend more money on developing an engine that is both powerful and ecconomic, personally i think this would be a great development!
Old 05-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #11
Walkinshaw
Two > One

HAHAHA @ muscle cars 3yrs ago.

muscle cars died with ADR27

Old 05-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #12
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The issue for Australia comes from how we produce electricity... coal is a big problem under Kyoto.
The reason we haven't agreed to it up until now is the problems it will cause for us..
Kyoto benefits places like china and India who have booming economy's and populations, but will penalise us... Electricity and fuel prices are tipped to rise as a result of compliance with Kyoto.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #13
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
HAHAHA @ muscle cars 3yrs ago.

muscle cars died with ADR27
Agree 100%! Bring back ADR 26!!! the REAL musclecars died in jan 1974..

Old 05-12-2007, 09:56 PM   #14
Bent8
Long live the GT !

No...I wouldn't worry about it...Rudd just want's to look like a green boy, the Kyoto Protocol is a load of bull*%$#.

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Old 05-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #15
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8
No...I wouldn't worry about it...Rudd just want's to look like a green boy, the Kyoto Protocol is a load of bull*%$#.
Non compliance carries penalties and sanctions:

In the case of the enforcement branch, each type of non-compliance requires a specific course of action. For instance, where the enforcement branch has determined that the emissions of a Party have exceeded its assigned amount, it must declare that that Party is in non-compliance and require the Party to make up the difference between its emissions and its assigned amount during the second commitment period, plus an additional deduction of 30%. In addition, it shall require the Party to submit a compliance action plan and suspend the eligibility of the Party to make transfers under emissions trading until the Party is reinstated

Old 05-12-2007, 10:08 PM   #16
Cespenar
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO-04L
personally i would rather drive a 6cyl falcon and not have to deal with melting polar icecaps and drought at the same time, than drive a big v8 and have to cruise around with my aircon on because of the 45degree days in winter,

Its evolution, in order for the Australian automotive industry to survive it will need to adapt and evolve into the new conditions, you don't need a big capacity car to make big power and at the same time big capacity doesn't have to mean higher emissions, the manufacturers will just have to spend more money on developing an engine that is both powerful and ecconomic, personally i think this would be a great development!
: If we all started walking now and had no cars, zilch mumbo, It would still be a very bad situation 50 to 100 years from now. Cars in Australia have been gauged to be about one millionth to blame.
And as an aside, the electric hybrid cars create more greenhouse gasses to build than a normal car, so where's the balance? At the moment, there is no balance.
Even the scientists are now admitting that the information we have is thrown together by retards.
Yes, there is a lot we can do as individuals, but the tiny amount of cars we have in Australia doesn't make a measurable difference.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:09 PM   #17
t2te50
Banned

Will they put carbon limitations on vehicles depending on their displacement? What will be the big kill joy? You guys with your ADR knowledge trip me out, then again I've never done any crazy aftermarket mods.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:10 PM   #18
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Dear Kevin tool Rudd ,cc bob brown nose brown and other greenies buy signing kyoto you have shown your self to be week minded populists who make stupid ill thought out choices for australia,i will be driving my big block that sucks nitro burns green house gas ,leaves a big carbon foot print with much gusto and no regrets,....all this wil mean only one thing for all of us ,the idiots that are now running the contry will tax us to the brink and then tax us some more

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
Old 05-12-2007, 10:11 PM   #19
feebs
BrwnBstd

Aus allready complies with KYOTO.. was largely a symbolic agreement more than anything else.

Have been thinking that the days of large bore v8s are nearly over for years now.. but holden continues to bring larger engines over..

Maybe fuel hitting a couple of bucks a litre will hurt large bore cars more than kyoto.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:17 PM   #20
juve_fan14

Yeah cov115, you're the real hero.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:20 PM   #21
Bent8
Long live the GT !

The Govt relies on us not knowing the real truth...read this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../11/warm11.xml

CO2 emissions are not as bad as they make it out to be on your nightly news, all this carbon footprint talk is really a push for the "global warming tax" proposed by Mr Gore http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,152801,00.html which is the ultimate goal of the Kyoto agreements...

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Old 05-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #22
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

who cares
Old 05-12-2007, 10:25 PM   #23
Cespenar
Huh?

I often wonder how the neanderthals melted the polar ice caps. Did they have big V8s or did they just fart a lot.
Climate change is an evolutionary cycle. One thing I do believe the scientists on is that the see level was many metres higher in the recent past.
And stop blaming the climate change on drought. Drought has been a world wide misery since day one. Look at the 1930s. The worst drought on recorded history even if it wasn't the longest. Ah yes, I could go on and on.
Just enjoy ya bloody cars and squash them ricers.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:27 PM   #24
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you are all going to call me a dinousaur but some of the " global warming" is a natural cycle. i'm not saying there is no contribution from us but it is grossly exagerated. we need some action but the greenies go too far we will still have climate change due to natural cycles and that is unavoidable. we have ice ages and a " greenhouse cycle" sorry to go against all the hype but look at history
Old 05-12-2007, 10:28 PM   #25
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

already had the notice that light and water going up approx $150/160 a couple of weeks ago.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #26
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve_fan14
Yeah cov115, you're the real hero.
thanks brother ill serv it up to them,carbon foot print my *** ,al gore is as smart as the stuff that gets jamed under your big toe nail, all hail al toe jam gore

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
Old 05-12-2007, 10:33 PM   #27
Cespenar
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8
The Govt relies on us not knowing the real truth...read this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../11/warm11.xml

CO2 emissions are not as bad as they make it out to be on your nightly news, all this carbon footprint talk is really a push for the "global warming tax" proposed by Mr Gore http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,152801,00.html which is the ultimate goal of the Kyoto agreements...
As I thought! The info is thrown together by retards. They want an answer in there own teacup. No scientist lives a thousand years to test their theories. And those of us that do don't give a sh??.
(This discussion needs a beer or three. And the sound of Ford thunder)
Old 05-12-2007, 10:39 PM   #28
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
you are all going to call me a dinousaur but some of the " global warming" is a natural cycle. i'm not saying there is no contribution from us but it is grossly exagerated. we need some action but the greenies go too far we will still have climate change due to natural cycles and that is unavoidable. we have ice ages and a " greenhouse cycle" sorry to go against all the hype but look at history
I'm with you there mate, global warming is natural cycle, the earth was actually cooling between 1950 till the late 80's and has been slowly warming since then...you don't have to believe me, google it.

The greenies are bought out, they're financed/run by the banks for their goal which is to introduce a "global warming tax"...how is that going to stop or even slow down global warming??...it's just another scam.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:41 PM   #29
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2te50
Will they put carbon limitations on vehicles depending on their displacement? What will be the big kill joy? You guys with your ADR knowledge trip me out, then again I've never done any crazy aftermarket mods.
They will most likely introduce tax. The T3 service manual states that it has a taxable horsepower of 51kw. I've been told some countries use this to determine amount of tax you have to pay to drive the vehicle .

I also know that in some countries the cost of your rego increases as the capacity of your engine increases.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:42 PM   #30
feebs
BrwnBstd

M.. your starting to sound like Mel Gibson there mate!! :-)

spose they're hiding the UFOs away as well!
Closed Thread