Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-12-2007, 10:54 PM   #1
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Witnessed a minor traffic bingle today

I was eastbound on Princes Hwy in Dandenong today, waiting to turn right down Jones Rd when I noticed the car at the front of the queue in the lane to the left of me rolling backwards down the incline. The car behind him rolled backwards to give him room, but she ran out of room, stopped and hit the horn. The car in front kept coming and contact was made, possibly damaging paint and bumpers. The guy in front appeared oblivious to what had happened. The lady behind got out, walked up to him and opened his door to inform him he had hit her car. She was not abusive - a little annoyed understandably, but not threatening. The guy still appeared to have no clue. The lady walked back to her car and the guy in front took off! Through a red light as well I think. I could see this was happening and took note of the car and rego. It was a dark grey late 80's/early 90's Camry driven by a man approximately 50 years old and probably Indian or similar.

I told the lady the rego I noted and then had to move on as the lights went green. I did a U turn and stopped in the service road, but she had to move on also and lost her.
So I went to the cop shop not long ago and the copper there knew the road once I mentioned Princes Hwy as the lady had made a complaint already - which is what I had hoped she would do. So with my story - the Camry driver is screwed. I've heard stories where some people have been reversed into and then the person who did it claims the other car drove into them.
My Mum has both sides of her Hyundai scratched recently and no one has left notes. The car is only a couple of years old. So I felt I had to even the score a little.

Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 11:24 PM   #2
Turboconvert

good on ya mate for going to the police with the information. idiots like that deserve what is coming to them... and hopefully he does get what he deserves. it is always sad when someone does a hit and run.

Bf xr6 turbo sedan, 6 SP auto, Leather/suede interior
Turboconvert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 11:27 PM   #3
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

Good on ya mate! If everyone else did the same then people might think twice about hit and run jobs! Better for everyone!
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 11:41 PM   #4
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This guy seemed to be a bit of a Mr Magoo. To not notice your car has rolled backwards a whole car length and hit something is a bit of a worry.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Old 07-12-2007, 12:34 AM   #5
JPDyno

WD mate!!!, i cant stand scumbags like that, hopefully they'll get him for fleeing the scene of an accident
JPDyno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 01:03 AM   #6
ovl351
Boost Happy

I usually try to give plenty of space to the car in front at the lights - especially on hills cause I worry that some idiot could do this to me.
I have never heard of people doing this and then claiming they were rear ended but I'm not surprised.
Good to hear that you took the time to report this, I wonder if that lady will ever find out that someone backed her story up.
ovl351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 01:18 AM   #7
juve_fan14

You're not from dandy (dandenong) are you, I'm asking cause most people in the greater dandenong wouldn't find that surprising at all.

juve_fan14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #8
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another well done from me.

These idiots deserve what's coming, and by taking the time to report it you helped nab the idiot, and the innocent victim of such idiots. Very, very few people do things like that these days.

Champion.

If only someone like you was around when a car ran a red, wife on the green braked HARD, just missed the idiot but someone ran up the back of her. Now the girl who ran up the back of her 'should' have been driving in such a way to stop short of hitting my wife, but the 'real' offender was the guy who ran the red. He got off scot free cause no one bothered to assist with the rego, and the girl behind copped the whole rap.

I too try to do what I can, its good road karma. I stopped to help some young blokes who lost a boat trailer wheel on the weekend. No one else did - not even the few cops that drove past.

Is this still Australia or what?
Pinch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:07 AM   #9
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Yep, Ive actually had a guy in a Pulsar do exactly the same thing. Was stopped at the lights (on the Princes hwy in Dandenong coincidently), he started rolling backwards, I tooted my horn and so did a couple of cars around me but nope, he still rolled into me. The lights turned green a couple of seconds later so I never got out and confronted him. Luckily there was no damage, not even a scratch. Good ol' EA lol.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #10
TZENU
XY Driv3r

We need more people like yourself good stuff..

I know how that poor woman feels too!

I found myself on Lum Rd (Wheelers Hill) cruising with a couple of mates and his mates... We pull over on the side of the road to organise which way we were heading to go to the beach.. One of my mates 'mates' was in a vp commo he began rolling i tooted but alas it was too late he rolled straight into me..

Annnoyed at this we got all our details and he admitted he was at fault and that i should call him later the next day and get all his details....

Next day i phone him and he goes on the defensive and says it wasn't his fault.. With my blood almost at boiling point i do the sensible thing and seek legal advice, only to be told that if i was to make a claim it would be rejected because it would been seen by insurance as me running into him....

:
Old 07-12-2007, 10:33 AM   #11
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done mate.

Honestly, I dont know why people turn the other cheek when they see things like this happen. How hard is it to go down to the cop shop and fill in a report of what you saw. Im sure alot people can take out half an hour out of their busy schedules to go down to the police station.

Id say the who thinks he got away with it, will have a date with the courts.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 12:08 PM   #12
theunfairadvant

A car did that to me once when i was in Lidcombe with the red light camera and
he went pass the traffic lights and activate the camera and it flash so he
reversed back and stop but he forgot to put it back to drive even i horn him a
few times to warn him so when the lights goes green he just floor it and bang
straight into me.

He refused to admit that he was at fault lucky a few witness who happen to be
waiting at the traffic lights to cross the road come forward to me and tell me
saying that they saw everything of what happen after the driver had left.

His insurance company just pay for the damages after i have a few witness.
theunfairadvant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #13
scoupedy

Arh its not his fault the only thing he drove on his international licence before coming here was a heard of goats and the occasional water buffolo

Good on you for going to the cops, wish someone had reported the person who tried to ram raid my Panel van
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 02:07 PM   #14
juve_fan14

Racism sure does show much of a better person you are then them, keep it up.

juve_fan14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #15
XR8putts

Good onya pauljh74, if only there were more people in this world like yourself, instead of some of the retards we put up with like the muppet that fled the scene. Hope he gets whats coming to him.

Last edited by rodderz; 07-12-2007 at 06:56 PM. Reason: removed deleted quote
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #16
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good work. i hate scum bags that hiht someones car and drive off. i've got a nice dint in my drivers side quarter from a door. i buffed the paint off but the dint is still there, i'm trying to pay the car off not pay to repair it
castek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #17
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve_fan14
You're not from dandy (dandenong) are you, I'm asking cause most people in the greater dandenong wouldn't find that surprising at all.
While it may not be surprising this happens in Dandenong, it doesn't mean it should be tolerated. If people tolerate too much of this, then it happens more, which is not a good thing.

Due to the cost of property, I bought in Dandenong and will be here for a little while. At night, I regularly hear DOOF, DOOF, DOOF from a distance away, then SCREEEECH and finally BANG! When they lose it and crash into a pole or something. I swear, I've heard at least 5 crashes this year of this type.

Anyway, the guy behind the lady also got out to help. whether he gave details as a witness, I don't know.

The lunacy extends beyond Dandenong - Princes Hwy near Springvale rd - where in peak hour service roads are additional lanes used by drivers to attempt to leapfrog everyone else - and there's always fools who let them in at the end of the service road too.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Old 07-12-2007, 08:14 PM   #18
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The guy at my panel shops car was reversed into by a truck yesterday! Was trying to go under the hull road bridge (opposite fish n chip shop) and they knew he wouldn't make it under so gave him room to reverse when he needed.

He started reversing and came back too much, tried to move back but had no room. Everyone was tooting at the truck driver yet he just kept going, made contact and pushed their car backwards for a bit, he then sped off up the side housing road knocking over signs and what not, crazy!
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 08:26 PM   #19
theunfairadvant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van D
The guy at my panel shops car was reversed into by a truck yesterday! Was trying to go under the hull road bridge (opposite fish n chip shop) and they knew he wouldn't make it under so gave him room to reverse when he needed.

He started reversing and came back too much, tried to move back but had no room. Everyone was tooting at the truck driver yet he just kept going, made contact and pushed their car backwards for a bit, he then sped off up the side housing road knocking over signs and what not, crazy!
This is what i call doing a runner
theunfairadvant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post