Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 13-05-2005, 05:58 PM   #1
Danny
GT4.

Default Please help me with wheels!!

Hey guys,

Been looking round today for a set of wheels for the lil Tec' and found that both places I went to seem to think that Focus/Fiesta/Mondeo, have some weird stud pattern that means its hard to get a good selection of wheels :jab: Not happy.

What I have seen is quite a nice selection of wheels in the club (Especially Timmeh) and I'm wondering if anyone has pics of certain wheels on Focus/ Fiesta or mondeo that i can look at and ask for.

Does anyone also know what wheels will fit the car? Just something to get me knowing what i'm looking for would be good, as every wheel I want I get told it wont fit... GRRRR

Any help appreciated!
-Dan
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2005, 11:40 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Hi Danny,

fraid I'm not much help with what will fit - you have been told correctly that Focus/Fiesta/Mondeo all have a slightly odd offset (odd in comparison to your basic Aussie cars anyway), and what I was told further to this is that you should never exceed 63 foot-pound of torque on each wheel nut as you tighten them. Apparently it is possible to warp the hubs if they're any tighter than this - I cant confirm, this is what I was told by a reputable tyre place when i got my wheels fitted and i do believe it. Im not sure what torque Ford specify but i have it noted on my service records that nobody is to mess round with my wheel nuts.

Furthermore, I'm led to believe anything that will fit a Cortina will fit a Fiesta/Focus, and vice versa. Again not sure and it may not be of help anyway but it is something to consider.

In all honesty I think some ST170 rims or even MP3 rims (just for you Timmeh cos i know how much you love people calling them Zetec rims ;)) would look great on it, there's a Blue Fiesta here that has the same rims I have on my Focus and it looks great. It may not neccesarily be the coolest option out there cos they're factory rims, but they're nice and cheap and do make a nice look for the money.

All I can say is please dont go dark or chromed rims!
Old 14-05-2005, 12:07 AM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Oh Btw I have some 15's with 80% tyres that would look GREAT on your Fiesta...........:
Old 14-05-2005, 02:33 AM   #4
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

dude i found heaps of wheels i went to tyre power they where really helpful

In development stage 2

Carnt wait for the day ,NA all the way ,9000rpm with the top down
RichieMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 12:37 PM   #5
Danny
GT4.

Really?

One guy after ringing 6 different suppliers shook my hand, head hanging down in shame and said "I'm sorry mate, I cant help you".....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 01:34 PM   #6
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/

Just about any rim in the shop that has a centre cap can be fitted to your car, the shop buys them in blanks, and drills them to suit. It's standard practice, and the they work on volume to make their money, so they are nice and cheap. Unlike Mister Bob Jane who wants over 2 grand for a set of rims before you look at tires.

Tempe also freight anywhere in Australia for 80 bucks I think, to your doorstep.

I'll get my next set of rims there too, probably next year when I am due for rubber again. I bought these rims there:

And for the other side of opinion, go for dark or chromed rims! They are phat!

Tim

Last edited by Timmeh; 14-05-2005 at 01:37 PM.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 08:17 PM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh

And for the other side of opinion, go for dark or chromed rims! They are phat!

Tim
I hope you werent just saying that to have a dig at me, everybody is entitled to their opinion.
Old 14-05-2005, 11:26 PM   #8
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

ive heard tempe arent good a workmanship when putting on wheels

In development stage 2

Carnt wait for the day ,NA all the way ,9000rpm with the top down
RichieMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 01:02 AM   #9
WizBang
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Iknow what you mean when we bought the Focurs two years ago the rims that ford had were shit so we just got the wheel covers but still not happy as I have being looking at after market rims and still can't find a nice set
WizBang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 01:10 PM   #10
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
I hope you werent just saying that to have a dig at me, everybody is entitled to their opinion.
Nope, I seriously like dark and chrome rims. My next set will probably be a dark set, I was 90% going to buy some gunmetal rims for EURO4D but went for the BBS style at the last minute.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post