Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-08-2007, 11:42 AM   #1
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default I Have LOST that LOVIN FEELING

Pre Cursor

I knew from an early age as a boy that the good lord had not made me perfect, and it was in my early adult life after just leaving home as a teenager these fears were realised.

One Sunday morning a neibour decided he would fire up his carcher @ 6.30 am ( next to my bedroom window ) not only did he decide to clean the car but wash down the iron fence as well.

Now these events triggered my generic flaws, where when woken at some ungodly hour on a day of rest for no reason, any normal thought patterns did not seem to exist, infact a horrible person emerged with no thought or regard as to being polite.

I prceeded outside to explain to this wonderful person and ( this is where my generic faults started to show ) proceeded to tell him what i thought he could do with his pressure washer, these actions were dream like, i was half awake but operating at defcon 1 with seemingly no control.

At this point the stupid person decided it would be fun to throw a one finger salute and to accompany that with a short spray of water over the fence in my direction, Bad Move, my shortcoming were now exposed, I went straight to defcon 5 ( and skipped all middle levels ). With that i proceeded through his picket fence ( i did not open it, go around it or over it but straight through smashing it down )

I did glimpse his back side scampering down the back behind the shed at this point, but was distracted by the pressure washer being left on, so gently as i could ( in defon 5 ) i ripped the power from the wall and proceeded to make a nice jig saw puzzle out of his sprayer, it should have been easy to put back together as i only made a 500 peice puzzle.

I wanted to stay and help him put this thing back together but he seemed to have disappeared from site.

Later that day when woken in a normal state i realised yes god did not make me perfect and my genetic flaws were exposed.

This Week

As most know i work from home and work long hours, well right next door they have bulldozed the house and are building a new one. Thats all fine bulldozers at 7.30 am dirt dust banging all day while i try and work, but all is good life must go on so you just grin and bear it and look forward to a quiet weekend.

But alas saturday morning more of the same and it went all day, O' well just shut up all will be good, at least i can get one days rest on Sunday.

Today ( Sunday )

7.30 AM quiet surburbia is awoken ( They are back ) dragging and dropping the steel frame work, angle grinders reving up, bolt cutters.

Sureley these guys know i have a generic disorder, yes it happens , out of the cot and i'm eye to eye with Bob the builder ( in defcon 1 ) mate are you for *(&^ Real, it's 7.30 am and right now i am not a _(*& happy chappy, he tries to explain that they are being quiet, yer right pigs backside, i am awake this indicates you are not )(*&^ quiet.

Ok i march back inside, now for the record, my family etc are well trained and are aware of my birth defect, and the best way to describe the sceen is like an african movie where all of the animals and plants know a storm is coming everything clears out.

I have now found the owners phone number and call him, Now to my surprise i woke him up out of his sleep in on a sunday morning ( i could tell in his voice ), so naturally i went to defcon 3, and decided to speak real loud, and explained monday to friday was fine, saturday ok i can live with it, but sunday morning at 7.30 am I Had lost that Lovin Feeling and i was about to make a coffee then go back to bed, and that by that time i had better hear nothing but birds chirping or i would pull out his framework and put it in a lovely pile for him.

Now it was quite but just did not get back to sleep, so i may as well write this rant, and wondered if others also suffer from being less than perfect and have similar generic defects, loosing that loving feeling.

Anyway time to clean the car. :

DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Doc, I know and feel your pain. I work nightshift and own a house amidst dead beats, ferals and young (I don't give a $#^&) house owners. Sad to hear your dillema, and I have come close to a police visit myself. Having had the urge to go primal on one stuck up I know everything neighbour.

My thoughts head your way Pete.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 11:58 AM   #3
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Don't you have noise laws, such as our EBA laws here in Victoria?
Old 26-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #4
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMFC
Don't you have noise laws, such as our EBA laws here in Victoria?
Yes but they chose to ignore them, and yes i can make a bigger stink and report it but i found my way has fixed the problem.
Old 26-08-2007, 12:04 PM   #5
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

And picking up the phone here in Melton has the same effect as panadol on cancer...
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 12:10 PM   #6
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it certainly sucks - no one should be making noise on the weekends before 9am, its just one of the unwritten laws.

you might make it on today tonight in one of those horror neighbor stories

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #7
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Back in 1992 i was on permanent nightshift 11.00pm - 7.00am /7 day roster. My alcoholic neighbour across the road was hell bent on mowing the yard approx 6.00am every sun morning . Finally one day i couldn,t take it anymore ,the mower was on the footpath revving its tits off and he was sitting on the driveway drinking a VB- YES 6.10am sun morn,i crossed the road he looked stunned ,grabbed the mower just like a hammer thrower and swung it round an round an round an round and it hit the telephone pole 20m down the street. And judging by how quiet it was after that i guess he couldnt start it again? Or maybe it was my threat to march up his stairs one night kick his front door in and throw him out his loungeroom window ?! Cheers ....

Last edited by Road Games; 26-08-2007 at 12:23 PM. Reason: carnt speill propprlee
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 12:31 PM   #8
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
Back in 1992 i was on permanent nightshift 11.00pm - 7.00am /7 day roster. My alcoholic neighbour across the road was hell bent on mowing the yard approx 6.00am every sun morning . Finally one day i couldn,t take it anymore ,the mower was on the footpath revving its tits off and he was sitting on the driveway drinking a VB- YES 6.10am sun morn,i crossed the road he looked stunned ,grabbed the mower just like a hammer thrower and swung it round an round an round an round and it hit the telephone pole 20m down the street. And judging by how quiet it was after that i guess he couldnt start it again? Or maybe it was my threat to march up his stairs one night kick his front door in and throw him out his loungeroom window ?! Cheers ....
Classic. Must have been funny to see.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #9
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

AHHH get over it !!! Its progress!!! Lol....
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #10
rodderz

Considering you'de be classed as just about nocturnal Pete, working till long after midnight most nights no wonder you were slightly perturbed lol

I think most of us blokes have a gene in us thats sets us off in such situations. I know that for myself it takes a while to get set off but once I do all hell breaks loose, tends to boil up for far too long!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 12:56 PM   #11
mustie's el

great read guys hahahaha
mustie's el is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 02:23 PM   #12
ef_classic
Banned

Best story ever.

I can relate mate.
ef_classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 02:49 PM   #13
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

DOC I had an issue also with a neighbor and went through the council. They were fantastic. Solved the issue without having to resort to Freddy.
Old 26-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #14
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMFC
DOC I had an issue also with a neighbor and went through the council. They were fantastic. Solved the issue without having to resort to Freddy.
All is good Jason ?, they are good neighbours and have seen their ways were a little to ambitious and we are all a happy street now.
Old 26-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #15
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

They have cures for generic disorders ;)
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 03:08 PM   #16
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
All is good Jason ?, they are good neighbours and have seen their ways were a little to ambitious and we are all a happy street now.
Good work!!
Old 26-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #17
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Awesome story. You sir, are a champion.
I now have some evidence to back up my genetic condition.......

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 03:59 PM   #18
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try living next to techno playing ricer driving losers who think they can fight like Steven Seagel and love the sound of distorted bass as they take their drugs till 4am
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #19
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Know how ya feel... on Friday morning workmen starting jack hammering in the basement of our apartment building... went all day. The jack hammering travels up through the entire building, it literally sounds like they're jack hammering above your head. Ok I figure its Friday I can deal with it, annoying as hell but oh well.

Saturday morning they return at 8 o fking clock in the morning and start jack hammering for 4 hours. I hope they never return else I will be jack hammering a certain part of their anatomy with said jack hammer.
Old 26-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #20
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Good story DOC sometimes it takes you having a quiet word to these type of people (Or taking action) for them to realise what they are doing.

I had to have a not so friendly chat with one of my brothers neibours on friday morning, after a good 3-4mins of throwing his flaws and the stupididty of his actions in his face he seemed to come around. :evil3:
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #21
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
That's exactly how it is in my street also. Lovely neighbours and we all get on really well - but they have been made aware of limits. A couple of years ago the rental over the road was going overboard in the early hours, so someone went over and pulled all the fuses...
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 05:39 PM   #22
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Nothing wrong with you're genetic code Doc, you do what most people wish they could.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 06:05 PM   #23
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

jeez... i take every bad thing i said about you back :P joke

i have those same defects from birth, only prob is it got me DEEP in the river of flowing crap...... voluntary anger management got me out of trouble....and i havent had a moment since

as much as abuse and such seems to work, you only make the other party angry as well..... have a civilised chat to the owner and ask for sat and sun off or late starts
but he may well say this is the only time they can do it... youll just have to dynamat your bedroom walls or invest in some noise cancelling headphones and play soothing "enya" music LOL

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 06:08 PM   #24
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

I agree with you DOC somethings are sacred to a man... beer.women.cars.food. footy/rugby and that sunday morning sleep in !!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 06:36 PM   #25
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I must admit to possesing genetic flaws myself(along line of family both genders) A gentleman decided to wash his Datsun 280ZX at 1.30am at the local carwash with hatch and both doors open flooding the neighbourhood with his choice of music (thump thump thump) A quick 200m sprint down to the carwash and he gets a choice of turning it down or having the unit pierced with a 6ft crowbar...guess what he chose?
Nice one with the Karcher Doc.
cheers
Bill.
Old 26-08-2007, 06:43 PM   #26
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Pre Cursor

I knew from an early age as a boy that the good lord had not made me perfect, and it was in my early adult life after just leaving home as a teenager these fears were realised.

One Sunday morning a neibour decided he would fire up his carcher @ 6.30 am ( next to my bedroom window ) not only did he decide to clean the car but wash down the iron fence as well.

Now these events triggered my generic flaws, where when woken at some ungodly hour on a day of rest for no reason, any normal thought patterns did not seem to exist, infact a horrible person emerged with no thought or regard as to being polite.

I prceeded outside to explain to this wonderful person and ( this is where my generic faults started to show ) proceeded to tell him what i thought he could do with his pressure washer, these actions were dream like, i was half awake but operating at defcon 1 with seemingly no control.

At this point the stupid person decided it would be fun to throw a one finger salute and to accompany that with a short spray of water over the fence in my direction, Bad Move, my shortcoming were now exposed, I went straight to defcon 5 ( and skipped all middle levels ). With that i proceeded through his picket fence ( i did not open it, go around it or over it but straight through smashing it down )

I did glimpse his back side scampering down the back behind the shed at this point, but was distracted by the pressure washer being left on, so gently as i could ( in defon 5 ) i ripped the power from the wall and proceeded to make a nice jig saw puzzle out of his sprayer, it should have been easy to put back together as i only made a 500 peice puzzle.

I wanted to stay and help him put this thing back together but he seemed to have disappeared from site.

Later that day when woken in a normal state i realised yes god did not make me perfect and my genetic flaws were exposed.

This Week

As most know i work from home and work long hours, well right next door they have bulldozed the house and are building a new one. Thats all fine bulldozers at 7.30 am dirt dust banging all day while i try and work, but all is good life must go on so you just grin and bear it and look forward to a quiet weekend.

But alas saturday morning more of the same and it went all day, O' well just shut up all will be good, at least i can get one days rest on Sunday.

Today ( Sunday )

7.30 AM quiet surburbia is awoken ( They are back ) dragging and dropping the steel frame work, angle grinders reving up, bolt cutters.

Sureley these guys know i have a generic disorder, yes it happens , out of the cot and i'm eye to eye with Bob the builder ( in defcon 1 ) mate are you for *(&^ Real, it's 7.30 am and right now i am not a _(*& happy chappy, he tries to explain that they are being quiet, yer right pigs backside, i am awake this indicates you are not )(*&^ quiet.

Ok i march back inside, now for the record, my family etc are well trained and are aware of my birth defect, and the best way to describe the sceen is like an african movie where all of the animals and plants know a storm is coming everything clears out.

I have now found the owners phone number and call him, Now to my surprise i woke him up out of his sleep in on a sunday morning ( i could tell in his voice ), so naturally i went to defcon 3, and decided to speak real loud, and explained monday to friday was fine, saturday ok i can live with it, but sunday morning at 7.30 am I Had lost that Lovin Feeling and i was about to make a coffee then go back to bed, and that by that time i had better hear nothing but birds chirping or i would pull out his framework and put it in a lovely pile for him.

Now it was quite but just did not get back to sleep, so i may as well write this rant, and wondered if others also suffer from being less than perfect and have similar generic defects, loosing that loving feeling.

Anyway time to clean the car. :

mate , im proud of you , there are others like me :

i dont think you done anything irrasional here , and people should understand your reaction.
on a lighter side, if i was your neighbour, and you came through the fence and turn my KARCHER into a puzzle, i would see both sides, and probably get a good laugh at it. the building thing, wont be forever , but sunday morning is a bit rough , and worth a whinge.
the main thing is , it is understandable what you did , and in the past now , so best forgotton, for both sides , perhaps offer to rebuild the fence.
if your neighbours cant get over it , then turn around and scratch your backside every time you see them . . this is a great read DOC . , I'VE ONLY READ YOUR POST SO NOW I'LL read the rest of the thread .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 06:46 PM   #27
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

The only issue i see is the fact that if you get up them, next weekeend they will be there at 5 am and annoy you more...

Its not worth it, ive had a few run ins with neighbours over noise, one in particular and things turned very nasty, so nasty he had to leave the street :P
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 07:11 PM   #28
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

Hey Doc, did you know ..on a Sunday it is illegal to make noise before 8am!
7am the rest of the week.
Old 26-08-2007, 07:34 PM   #29
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuff
Hey Doc, did you know ..on a Sunday it is illegal to make noise before 8am!
7am the rest of the week.
Yes mate, thats why i held a unscheduled stop work meeting this morning.
Old 27-08-2007, 10:29 PM   #30
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M
I must admit to possesing genetic flaws myself(along line of family both genders) A gentleman decided to wash his Datsun 280ZX at 1.30am at the local carwash with hatch and both doors open flooding the neighbourhood with his choice of music (thump thump thump) A quick 200m sprint down to the carwash and he gets a choice of turning it down or having the unit pierced with a 6ft crowbar...guess what he chose?
Nice one with the Karcher Doc.
cheers
Bill.
I dont think he deserved a choice
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post