Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #1
EFIwindsor
Haltech 302w XW

Default Bali 9

I know how much controversty the Van D*%)Head opps I mean Van NEwen death penalty caused so i want to know What ppl think about the bali 9's sentences.

Personally i think HA ha ha ha : : Have a nice holiday........Did anybody see on the front page of the Courier mail (tuesdays Edition I think) one guys criminal history...16 convictions in 18months... All with suspeneded sentences...I bet hes disappointed the indeonesian gov don't give out suspended sentences.

are well give it a few months and everybody will forget about them just like that Girl......Whats he name again????...The poor innocent one who took some ridiculous amount of Pot to Bali in a bodyboard bag....

People who do or traffic drugs should be caught overseas as the Australian gov is too easy on them...

What does everybody else think....

Tougher punishment and less second, third, forth, fifth, sixth etc Chances

Fuel/intake -XR6T injectors, 255 LPH intank pump, 4" intake, HaltechE11v2 Exhaust-custom Tri-Y headers, Twin 2.5" HiFlo Cats, duel 2.5" exh Driveline-close ratio 4spd, 9" LSD, 300mm AU XR8 fr, XC rear, ZH Fairlane Mas/Cyl & Booster

Project car: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=21641
EFIwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I reckon if you're stupid enough to bring drugs into a country where you KNOW there are death penalties, then yeah... get caught and face the penalty. Seriously though, they cant have a defence and winge about it. It was strapped onto their bodies for gods sake.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 02:47 PM   #3
max^power
Formerly au^ute

If it's the only way to get a decent sentence send em all over there! I won't miss em, might clean up my area a bit.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 02:47 PM   #4
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

Done to death this type of thread, we all have heard it before and some.

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
KEV EB XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #5
The Monty
Just slidin'

100% agree on the death penalty for the two ring leaders. They deserve the same as that Van guy. We dont need drugs in our country. I think the best punishment would be to make them take every sceric of drug found on them and be administered it all at once. They want to give other people drugs to die from, than let them die themselves. Just my 2 cents, please dont cut me down, I just hate drugs, and drug traffickers and drug dealers. :
This user likes this post:
Old 16-02-2006, 03:01 PM   #6
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
100% agree on the death penalty for the two ring leaders. They deserve the same as that Van guy. We dont need drugs in our country. I think the best punishment would be to make them take every sceric of drug found on them and be administered it all at once. They want to give other people drugs to die from, than let them die themselves. Just my 2 cents, please dont cut me down, I just hate drugs, and drug traffickers and drug dealers. :

Here here
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 03:34 PM   #7
Stampy

The punishment fits the crime in Bali

The authorities here are way to easy
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 04:43 PM   #8
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its there own fault, I have no sympathy for them. If there stupid enough to do it, then sucked in. I hope the death penalty stands for both ringleaders.

Although, if this story weren't in the headlines then they would probably be able to bribe the authorities.
Jeld-Wen Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 04:49 PM   #9
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

I never been there and I wouldn't unless all my luggage was chained up.

The boss goes travelling all the time, and the even have announcements on the planes ie." Welcome the Indonesia, the weather is a balmy 38 degrees.....and There is a death penalty for trafficing in drugs"

LISTEN TO THE ANNOUNCEMENTS

https://****boxrally2015.everydayher.../martini-rally

Ford Courier XLT Crew Cab, 160rwkW+ AUII Forte Family Sedan is now the Race Car!!!
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 05:04 PM   #10
gozza

here we go with the tongue in cheek humour
your so funny mate...keep at it
are you so pathetic you need to make jokes about convicted dead people....or maybe a little ego boost from web forum
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 05:35 PM   #11
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I for one dont agree with what these people have done, but I really feel for their families.
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #12
gtfpv
GT

one sentance to the INDONESION GOVERNMENT"""" KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OUR DRUG SMUGGLERS. just kidding .
but when you read it like it is you feel ashamed about the media telling us that bali law is mistreating australians .
i'm embarrassed to hear all the bring our poor kids (DRUG SMUGGLERS ) home bullИИИИ.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 05:41 PM   #13
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im with Gozza.

That was a painfully written thread dude - riddled with spelling and grammatical errors, and displays your obvious love of trying to cram as many emoticons into a post that you possibly can.

Mate you are simply poking fun at others misery.

At least make it constructive if you want to raise a point.

Actually - what was your point?
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 05:44 PM   #14
Paxton
Cobblers!

The thing that gets me with the Schapelle Corby thing, is the fact that if ANY of my luggage looked like it had been tampered with, I would just leave it on the turnstile. I would forget about it. I had a padlock on one of my bags cut in the US, and it scared the sh1t out of me. I asked immigration when I arrived in Australia what happened, and they told me that they randomly check EVERY bag that goes through the USA.

In the case of the Bali 9 (what are they political prisoners?) Do the crime, do the time...
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 05:56 PM   #15
aimzes
...fairly odd

i know one of the guys sentenced to death. he was a couple of years below me at school although hes about my age or older. he used to harras people, he was a c**t.

but i do feel sorry for them all, i dont like the way cases are heard in s**t holes like that. but in saying that they still deserved to do time. however i do think that the known "mules" should have been picked up here and the known "leaders" should have been picked up in bali.

p.s. dont care if you disagree im not getting into an argument over this.
Old 16-02-2006, 06:08 PM   #16
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

EFI it's Nguyen. Doesn't bother me at all, the Bali 9, they got caught trying to smuggle, they deal with the sentences. Like everyone else said here.
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 06:19 PM   #17
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

I think Indonisia is a shyte hole and have not ever contemplated going there . The penalties for breaking drug laws over there are hardly secretive, so If they are stupid enough to do it , suffer the consequences! They are now indonisian residents and we cant call them Australians anymore !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 06:29 PM   #18
gozza

Im just sick of the topic.
Yes they deserve whatever gets handed out because the law says so....
i myself hate laws and governments but when i get cuaght breaking one i pay no matter what it is..
The other that gets my goat is the stereotypical view on drugs...too most people here 1 drug user is as bad as the other...
I pay my taxes...i work in a respectable job....im kind to people and respect people opinions...YET i like to toke on a joint to calm my ИИИИИ and im labled a druggo and junkie
get real
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 06:37 PM   #19
Dodge
i like to be stroked

i think , if ur actually caught with drugs on u , sure shoot, but to be picked up at a airport with the drugs planted in the bag , no finger prints , no bank records or phone calls to anyone suss, u should be treated as innocent.
as for the bali 9 , they were clearly drug runners so how much is 9 bullets in bali?
Old 16-02-2006, 06:48 PM   #20
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
Im just sick of the topic.
Yes they deserve whatever gets handed out because the law says so....
i myself hate laws and governments but when i get cuaght breaking one i pay no matter what it is..
The other that gets my goat is the stereotypical view on drugs...too most people here 1 drug user is as bad as the other...
I pay my taxes...i work in a respectable job....im kind to people and respect people opinions...YET i like to toke on a joint to calm my ИИИИИ and im labled a druggo and junkie
get real
if you smoke it, so what no one cares . but if you are selling it to anyone (like children you dont know ) who may want some speed or cocaine from the guy down the road . then that is differant. that is the point i think everyone agrees with here.
Old 16-02-2006, 06:49 PM   #21
turboute
turboute

For everyone who says they feel sorry for their families - Wake up - if the Parents / family had raised the kid properly it wouldn't have happenned. The people who bring up their kids that way should be punished as well as the perpetrators themselves.
turboute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 06:51 PM   #22
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This type of thread always attracts the redneck Yobbo's.

You can raise your children the right way. But when they become adults, they are going to make their own decisions, right or wrong, the families are the ones left to deal with the aftermath. I don't think for 1 second that the families raised these children to traffic in drugs. Its a choice made by the children and not the parents to do what they did. No matter their reasons for doing it, whether they were forced into it, or went willingly, the families are left to deal with this. While I don't agree with what they done, I'm thinking of what is left behind

Last edited by Bucknaked; 16-02-2006 at 06:57 PM.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 06:53 PM   #23
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
This type of thread always attracts the redneck Yobbo's.
so do you bthink i am one???? just curious.
Old 16-02-2006, 06:56 PM   #24
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboute
For everyone who says they feel sorry for their families - Wake up - if the Parents / family had raised the kid properly it wouldn't have happenned. The people who bring up their kids that way should be punished as well as the perpetrators themselves.

Are you for real??????

There are so many things I could say to you, but you are a waste of space to even put that sort of thought process onto a public forum...

Grow up!!!!!!!!
Old 16-02-2006, 06:57 PM   #25
fat289
fat289

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty

they have to live by the rules of that country end of story !!

btw cigarette smokers do drugs every day & get breakes from work to do it
therefor you hate
smokers
any shop that sells them ( drug traffickers )
cigarette companys ( drug dealers )
the goverment ( collecting taxs from drug sales ) earnings from traffickers & dealers :

not intending to cut you down just some room for thought on your prospective of drugs

XRGT
XP ute 351w Toploader
99 Springer softail
XW Fairmont 302w / c4 col shift 58,000 miles
fat289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 07:04 PM   #26
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
so do you bthink i am one???? just curious.
No not really. It was just a generalisation. And I'm not trying to offend. Topic like this always an emotive one, but I just want to draw the point, that what has been done here, is not their parents fault. No different to Nguyens mother. As a parent, i could never imagine going through something like this and having the world judge me as a bad parent, when I raised my children the best I knew how.

Public forum and we all have our opinions, good to share, but in the end it's not just about the Bali 9.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 07:14 PM   #27
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
They are now indonisian residents.....
Not for long out: :
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 07:22 PM   #28
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think it was a setup by our government to have them arrested over there, and so to make us think drugs are a serious thing once again.

Our laws arent strict enough, so thats the next best thing.

10 years ago, I thought anyone who took drugs was a criminal, now, it seems its "normal". Oh thats great how times have changed. not.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #29
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
Our laws arent strict enough, so thats the next best thing.

Our laws are strict enough (drugs can get you 20 years - similar to Bali), but the problem is that those that dish out so called justice dont do so harshly enough.
The judges in our beaut country need to start applying the penalties that are allowed by our Legislative Laws!!!!!!!
Old 16-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #30
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Eh. Who cares. Just wish they'd shoot the lot of them so I can stop hearing about it. The media makes them out to be the victims. Good on the AFP for not letting them fall into the hands of our ИИИИweak justice system.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: