Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default qld weapons licence branch

anyone eles on here got the s**** with qwlb
i have been waiting nilly 5 months for my licence
anyways i shot a few emails off feel free to use it if you guys like
mate of just got his 2 weeks ago after a 8 month wait in which they lost his and a whole folder from kingaroy cop shop
this is behond a joke, what is going with the qld gov atm

commissioner@police.qld.gov.au,
police@ministerial.qld.gov.au,
jack.dempsey@ministerial.qld.gov.au

Good Afternoon,

My name is

I am corresponding to register a formal complaint regarding the length of time it is taking for the issue of a weapons licence.

My application was submitted at the Kingaroy police station 4 months ago on the 20/09/2012 the receipt number i received is .

The full fee of close to $300 was paid in full at that time. The person receiving my application checked to ensure all information was correct and accounted for (which it was).

In the intervening 4 months i have enquired 5 times of the Weapons Licensing Branch as to the progress of my application. Each time i have been advised that my application is all in order but is just waiting to be processed.

I find this appalling, I am sick of being treated like a second class citizen and feel that i am being discriminated against

i note that fees have increased considerably (in the order of 126%) in recent times - i would say the level of service has decreased by an even greater margin.

It is unacceptable for any person to receive this level of service. If i treated my customers the same way that i and many others are being treated i would be out of a job

i also note that people who have applied online in november 2012 when the online system went active they have now got there licence

and the majority of people who applied at the police station don't

thank you for you time
Kind regards

Performace
DBA 4000s, Blue power intake, Whiteline swaybars, FG manifold, PWR Radiator, king springs low, Monroe gt sport
DJR bobtail, LSD 3.46, 20%UD
Pacemaker 4490s, Venom cat, redback catback
mick457 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2013, 12:59 AM   #2
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: qld weapons licence branch

See, and the public thinks they have to be worried about normal law abiding gun owners like you and me...I suppose if the politicians keep targetting us, it makes it look like they're doing something, while criminal gangs seem to be able to freely and easily get hold of whatever they like.

Here's a tip...it isn't the law abiding shooters who will just keep jumping through hopps that you have to worry about...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2013, 02:44 AM   #3
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

It's not the current Govts fault; its been going on for a couple of years now.

Expect your license to take (an average of ) 7 months to be issued. License renewals may take 2 to 3 months.
Permits To Aquire may take 4 months; although that situation has been improved by allowing you to apply for a PTA on line, the on line ones have been taking about 4 to 5 days.
Your mate in Kingaroy is lucky, they found the lost file...... A bloke down this way lodged a renewal on time, etc. The file was lost, never to be seen again.... it took a year and a half to have it reissued. Caused all sorts of issues with lawful storage, as you can only store your weapons outside a Police Stn for up to three months. This means if your renewal takes longer than that you must find a police stn or dealer who will store them. The local one here has around 300 in storage at present according to them and are refusing to accept anymore.... If you cant find a stn or dealer to accept them they must be handed in for disposal.

The current Govt has assembled an advisory council to advise the crown on a direction to go forward with the Act & Regs. They are very aware of the issues.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.

Last edited by Burnout; 10-01-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and here i was half expecting to get flamed
thanks guys its just really frustrating it sucks coz all me mates up here have theres its just the thing you do when your out in the sticks
while i still go out to the rang and on propertys with them id like my own gear
many years ago my dad forgot to reniew his and had to sell off about 10 guns, and being young at the time and living in brisbane he didnt feel that i should be around guns so im just learning about them in the past year and abit
anyways ways 1st gun
browning a bolt composite stalker .308
and im looking at a few winchester 22 and some marlins
oh well ill just keep stickin cash away untill i get my licence and go have fun gun shopping

Performace
DBA 4000s, Blue power intake, Whiteline swaybars, FG manifold, PWR Radiator, king springs low, Monroe gt sport
Old 10-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #5
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahaha just got a call from qwlb seems the ball is now moving

Performace
Old 10-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #6
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Something interesting as well, you would have done the course which is required for you to show you are competent in the handling and use of firearms, blah, blah. This course must be completed by a person who wants a license, the courses validity lasts six months......Meaning if you haven't obtained a license with in six months of completing the course you would have to do it again.....
I believe this requirement has been waived if you have submitted your application and not received you license within the six months period.

RTV Power
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #7
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep and i did mine way back in may 2012

Performace
Old 11-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #8
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hope you are buying all your goodies from Allan out there........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #9
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it has now been forwarded to issuing so should get it next week
and old alan most of his gear is abit over priced
ill be heading out to cleavers to get mine
but he does have guns in there i like

Performace
Old 11-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #10
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick457 View Post
it has now been forwarded to issuing so should get it next week
and old alan most of his gear is abit over priced
ill be heading out to cleavers to get mine
but he does have guns in there i like
Yes Cleaver and QGE are always cheaper, except if you want to trade or they have the only one of a particular item. Not so cheap then.
Little shops are getting rarer and rarer, there is not one here anymore which makes buying ammo or whatever rather a pain. If you lose yours then you will be in the same situation.
Also remember when you save $200 on a rifle to add the cost of driving over there at least twice (once to choose and then again to pick up with PTA).
I call into your gunshop when I am over in Kingaroy working and have bought a bit of stuff (1 rifle, lots of ammo and some optics and goodies) and the rifle was $80 dearer but I did not have to put up with any of the crap.
I also buy my cars off Mark out there for the same reason. Slightly dearer than the brizzos but the service and lack of crap is definitely worth it.

I used to own a gun shop, I know how it all works and what the expenses are. Look after yours, you will miss it if goes.........
This user likes this post:
Old 16-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #11
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hell yes
my licence has been aproved and got sent out monday
so from 4 and abit months to emailing a week ago its all gone threw
i strongly recommend sending them an email if you are still waiting
you never no they might put yours in the to hard basket coz its missing something like mine
flap im gonna go c alan next week to c if he has a 22 im after
winchester wildcat or the toz 78-15
$465 for the winchester (which has a toz barrel) comes with 3 10 round mags and a 5
toz abit cheaper and is pretty much the same pack and gun

Performace
Old 16-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #12
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

actually it was 4 working days from the email to being sent
not bad eh?

Performace
Old 16-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #13
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do not live in QLD but in VIC, I must say it was spot on with getting a gun licence.

Basically done the course, filled out all the docs. Sent the paperwork to Licensing and regulations on the 15/11/2012. Looked on the website, said there would be a month wait as standard pratice. By the 15/12/2012 got a letter in the post saying it was approved and I had to pay for it, made the payment at Westpac.

On the 20/12/2012 got my picture taken at VicRoads told me 2 to 4 weeks wait to get my licence. within 2 weeks, including the Christmas break, had the licence in the post.

Pretty good for a gov body.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #14
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats awsome qld is nothing like that
you pay for everything on the spot and have to go to aus post of a photo shop and get ya photos its abit of a stuff around
who wants to pay $250 odd for something you might not get?

Performace
Old 16-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #15
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Still waiting for my Qld licence renewal sent mid October. Police station told me it would be a while and definitely not by the expiry date, mid December.
I was planning to be out of the country for Nov and most of December so renewed it ASAP to allow for my absence.
They said carry the renewal receipt with the (now) expired licence and it would be OK.
I might need to do a reminder call.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2013, 12:43 AM   #16
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

What they have told you is pretty accurate...... regards time and receipt.

I believe calling the Branch is a waste of your time and theirs, I would email your local member and CC the Premier.
The squeaky wheel or the squeakiest wheel will get the most oil. Normally a license was supposed to take 6 to 10 weeks at the most.... the whole thing is now out of control and action is required. The only people who will make them get on is the electors.

RTV Power
Old 17-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #17
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
What they have told you is pretty accurate...... regards time and receipt.

I believe calling the Branch is a waste of your time and theirs, I would email your local member and CC the Premier.
The squeaky wheel or the squeakiest wheel will get the most oil. Normally a license was supposed to take 6 to 10 weeks at the most.... the whole thing is now out of control and action is required. The only people who will make them get on is the electors.
It is done on purpose as there has been an agenda here for years.

Can you imagine what would happen if it took 10 weeks to have a drivers license issued after passing the driving test?
Old 17-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #18
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Interesting - I got my licence about 5 or 6 years ago and it came back in no time at all. Same with my PTA. Glad you got it sorted though, and I'd echo flappist's advice about supporting your local store - When they're gone, they're gone.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #19
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

went and saw alan today
hes got a neat marlin 22mag model 925rm there for $400 so i stuck my pta in with my ref number coz im waiting on the licence to come in post looks the good and i think i will be very happy with it

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firear...gnum/925RM.asp

Performace
Old 17-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #20
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
went and saw alan today
hes got a neat marlin 22mag model 925rm there for $400 so i stuck my pta in with my ref number coz im waiting on the licence to come in post looks the good and i think i will be very happy with it

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firear...gnum/925RM.asp
22WMR is a brilliant calibre for hunting, I have an Anschutz 1516 which works quite well. The marlin has those nifty micro grooves which stabilise almost anything.
$400 is good, mine was lots more than that.
I have a 6x40 Tasco WC set up for 100m and shoots about MoA with Federal 40g HP.
Have fun you will not regret buying it.
Old 17-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #21
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry wrong gun its a xt-22mr 22mag
doesnt look like much of a difference but still a nice gun in the flesh
bolt was very smooth

Performace
Old 24-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #22
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Got my license renewal finally.
Only 3.5 months....
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #23
zilo
BANNED

Got my C licence approval 28 days after doing the safety course in Victoria.

A few months later I decided I needed an A/B category licence as well.

I downloaded the form, Vic Roads already had my digital photo from the C licence so didn't even have to go in, just signed the form and posted it off, no money needed cause it was all free due to primary production reasons.
That only took 28 days to arrive.

Pretty efficient and sensible I thought.
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #24
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Maybe you should threaten to shoot them if they don't hurry up with your license, ohh wait
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #25
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol im sure that one has been thought of already

Performace
Old 31-01-2013, 02:04 AM   #26
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so took about 2.5 weeks after the letter and 2 phone calls but it came inthe mail today
my pta has also been aproved just got to wait the rest of the 28 day out so about 14th of feb and i can get me .22wmr

Performace
Old 19-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #27
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well got the marlin today
pta wouldnt of been at home for more then 5 and i was out the door to the lgs $530 with a fixed 4x40 olivon scope and rings and a box for 50 winchester power points 40gr he also bore sited and cleaned the barrel for me which i think is awsome service

Performace
Old 19-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #28
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
well got the marlin today
pta wouldnt of been at home for more then 5 and i was out the door to the lgs $530 with a fixed 4x40 olivon scope and rings and a box for 50 winchester power points 40gr he also bore sited and cleaned the barrel for me which i think is awsome service
Good one. See, it is not bad having a local.
Old 19-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #29
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah ive changed my tune somewhat im only gonna head to cleavers if i really need to
but for now its back on the cars the old girl needs to shocks and springs

Performace
Old 20-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #30
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what the govt and anti's dont realise is that making you go through all this crap has probably galvanised your interest in shooting and politicised an otherwise normal bloke wanting to knock off a few bunny's

if it wasn't for the qld weapons branch - the qld shooters union wouldn't be what it is today (a great association by the way)

congrats on getting it sorted (im in nsw btw - much smoother)
steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post