Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-08-2007, 12:03 AM   #1
auxr83

Default what is your worst injury

this is mine back 2years ago now it was the friday of some long weekend about 2 - 3 in the afternoon on the roof finishing the trusses and stuff when i some how did this dont ask me how lol i didnt feel it go in didnt know it went in till i looked and moved my leg at that stage i knew it was bad cos i could feel it grinding on the bone behind the knee cap so what do you do first try and pull it out but had sucked my overalls in with it tryed wouldnt move then it was a mission to get into a f150 with bucket seats and a lift kit as i couldnt bend my leg a 45min drive to the hospitial couldnt get me out the car tryed everything they where going to unbolt the seat but without them telling me they ripped me out that was probaly the worst ever get inside they shove all needles and drips and what ever else in my arms cut my overalls off oh no not a good move thats what was surpporting my leg as they cut them my leg dropped and hit the floor i coulnt stop my leg it over powerd me it was jumping up and down on the spot then they want to rush me in to operate but before they do they ask me have you had any food or drink in the last 4 hours i said yeah a mouth full of water wen it happened because of that i needed to wait 4hrs before they could operate on me by the 2hr mark i had reached my maxmium morphen so they had no choice to take me in it took 2 surgens to try get it out they both said it didnt wanna come at all after an hour they got it out 4 days in hospitial and trying to walk again it all come good now but wont be doing it in a rush again

here is a pic of one of the x rays

Old 27-08-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

most likely my best are cutting most of my left hand ring finger off which was when i was like 8yos.
My most recent one of have about 20lengths (bout 50kgs) of 19x6 flat bar flipping off the rack of a ute to miss my face by a few cm only to get my arm i got like 5 long scars down my left arm with one needing stitches. funny thing was didnt feel it. got some banded wrap it up drove the manual ute back to work went and talked the boss then drove my car to the doc to get it fix, they rushed me staight in too lol i think it was more the local that hurt or haveing my arm across my chest watching them stitch it back up

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
asusdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 12:15 AM   #3
mrniceguy

Broken tib and fib from bmx plus an infection to go with it. Broken collarbone from an mx bike. Plus a couple of concusiions.
mrniceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 12:19 AM   #4
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was standing on an old car trailer that had been sitting for years, the wooden floor was half rottern and I went through it, on the way i snagged some steel mesh that put a 250mm gash in my leg down to the shin bone.
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 12:39 AM   #5
auxr83

its amazing some of the stuff that happens out there keep them coming
Old 27-08-2007, 12:42 AM   #6
auxr83

pics would be good too
Old 27-08-2007, 01:00 AM   #7
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Crazy xray !!!!!

Was in an accident 2 years ago (see thread from back then for story http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=18155) which basically involved me being a passenger in a small truck that tipped over at hwy speeds and i had popped rotator cuff out and bashed my arm on the ground as we slid to a stop on my side.
This was the next day after the dr's fixed it all up.

Cant carry stuff with left arm for long at all, will only get worse as i get older, but it could be alot worse !!!!
Old 27-08-2007, 01:34 AM   #8
peedee

broke my spine at work and had a fusion 2 years ago still can't work, or drive more than 30 minutes, and gone from earning near $60000 p.a. to maximum of workers comp of 15600p.a. and took 3 years of court to win that
peedee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 11:58 AM   #9
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Didn't you have a claw hammer AUXR83?
Only joking, that looks pretty painful.
Old 27-08-2007, 02:35 PM   #10
cuz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I shot a 3" gun nail thru my right hand about 4 years back. The nail went straight thru a knot in the timber and into my hand between the bottom thumb knuckle and wrist. It didn't quite make it all the way thru tho, it was pushing the skin out at the other side. Pretty bloody sore, I tells ya.

Got the X-rays around somewhere.....
Old 27-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #11
photn
AFF Post NAZI

umm i rolled a car and only got grazes on my elbow.. but apart from that, the worst would of been fractured shoulder.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #12
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Well have more than my fair share. I'm 19 and had a general(knock out) anesthetic 7 time now.

The two best would be:
1: when i was twelve, was riding my motor bike in trackie pants(there was a reason for it) with a zip up the side of the leg. My brother and i colided. I fell off, and had the zip dig into my leg, and rip about a 4cm wide semi circle out. 8 stiches and a hell of alot of pain it was fixed. Aparantly i was lucky because i was so close to hitting the muscle and tearing that. I've still got a dip in my leg from where some of the flesh was taken out, and not much feeling in that area.

2: Would have been about 15 at this stage. I 3/4 cut the tendon in my left pinky with the lid of a metal peach can. It was stiched back up and not realised. So 3 weeks later when i couldn't move my finger much at all, we knew what had happened. Back to hospital to have micro surgery and physio to get it all to move again. I've lost proper feeling in that finger but still have some sensation.

Oh, and i've had my nose broken that both me and my parents didn't know had happened or can place when it happened.

Cheers
PS. some good accidents in here - i thought i was bad

Last edited by superroo; 27-08-2007 at 03:26 PM.
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #13
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

when i was 7 i slid in grass and got a clean cut most of the way up my leg..ended up with 36 stitches.

Had a car accident about 3 months ago where we rolled a lifted toyota hilux on 35inch tyres and i got a fractured sternum..(i was in the middle)

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 05:59 PM   #14
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

blueballs
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 06:27 PM   #15
T3man
Banned

Girlfriend asks, "is it in yet?" Ego has never recovered!
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 06:35 PM   #16
krt10
eskyman

when i was 11 years old. i was cutting wood on our bandsaw. my thumb got in the way and i sliced it almost clean off. its still on there but i have a nice scar as a reminder
Old 27-08-2007, 08:32 PM   #17
auxr83

Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
Didn't you have a claw hammer AUXR83?
Only joking, that looks pretty painful.
yeah lol if i could of ripped it out i would of but everything goes so quick wen it happens and things happen to easy

some great storys here lol
Old 27-08-2007, 08:50 PM   #18
xm_coupe

Not as bad as some of the previous stories but a few years ago i had pnemonea (We didnt know until after it happened) And i remember sitting down outside and telling my grandfather i needed to lie down so i stood up and went to walk inside. I dont remember anything after that. He said i stood up perfectly straight and just fell over. I smashed my face on the corner of brick garden bed. I didnt really look in a mirror before it was cleaned up. But some people looked at me and cried lol. I knocked out my 2 front teeth and had a VERY sore face for a long time.
xm_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 09:03 PM   #19
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

worst injury i had was when i was about 4, my older brother (about 7 at the time) and i were smashing the crap out of an old desk or something with hammers, my brother went to take a swing and as he went over the back of his head he smacked me straight in the noggin with a ballpein hammer. apparently dinted my skull in for a good couple hours and bled like crazy, only ended up with 2 stitches and a small scar though just above my right eyebrow, young kids having softer bones was what i reckon saved me from a fractured skull. other than that when i was about 11 and my old man moved to a new farm i was running out in the back paddock to the dam at night until i suddenly came to a stop... in a barbwire fence. left me with heaps of scars but no long term damage.

see my ute here

AU parts for sale
schuldiner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 10:27 PM   #20
hrdcor

Was playing league for school and dislocated a finger, xrays turned up broken scaphoid bone in wrist, dunno when or how i got it. Had been sore for bout two years and i just kept strapping it, thought it was footy/work problem. Two operations, pinned, loss of some feeling in left hand and really crap circulation. Still broken. Knocked out a half dozen times, concussed bout the same, the usual.
Old 27-08-2007, 11:38 PM   #21
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Being hooked up on a housing complex electrical supply service...
My neck and shoulders are stuffed...
The body is not designed to have electricity travel through it to feed 20 housing units...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 11:44 PM   #22
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
Being hooked up on a housing complex electrical supply service...
My neck and shoulders are stuffed...
The body is not designed to have electricity travel through it to feed 20 housing units...
mate sounds like you are lucky to be alive! how did this happen exactly?

see my ute here

AU parts for sale
schuldiner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 12:06 AM   #23
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Umm ?? Tightening up a 200 amp service live, whilst doing this the OLD connectors came apart leaving ME as the bonding.. I felt EVERY 50 cycles too I tell you..
The only way I could get my hands off was to pull then off the end...This burnt and cut my fingers real bad!!! As you know electricity pulls your muscles in, contracts them !!!....Head butting the wall didn't help either... I was also up a 20 Ft ladder...
Bit the side of my tongue off too...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 12:29 AM   #24
auxr83

ok my injury was minor compared to ebxr8240 i would of rather shot my self again then that are you ok now any probs
Old 28-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #25
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Happened about 3 months ago as I ride riding my human powered 2 wheeled device a petrolium powerd 30 year old large metal object of europian styling had struck me.

Causing this.

Think I better have a look inside using advanced medical technology.

Hmm yess it appears that a fairly large part of my human structure has broken off and is floating around freely inside of me...

Not to worry we'll bolt it back on with 7 screws and a plate!

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 10:59 PM   #26
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Although 3 months off work with full pay it was almost worth it. Lol.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 12:50 AM   #27
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

I had a rather nasty fall that ended up with me dislocating my shoulder, dislocating my elbow and breaking both my forearm bones (My forearm was at a 90degree angle midway down my arm). Ended up getting 2 plates and 12screws in my arm.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 12:56 AM   #28
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probably my worst/most freakish.

Had a BMX accident where I came off in the air over a jump and landed weird with the bike. Handle bar went through the back of my right shoulder and started to poke out the front. Snapped the collar bone as it went through.

No pics though cos it was a while ago!
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 12:59 PM   #29
PJ_SR_AUII

Ive had plaenty of injuries via 20yrs of footy
Broken L arm twice, R Arm once, Broke Both Collerbones, Torn Liagments in both ankles too many timed to count and endless amounts of stiches but my worst injury happened 7 years ago at a party. I was about to walk up a set of concrete stairs when i slipped (it had been raining) and fell forward and i put my hands out to stop my self. Unfortunatly i had a stubbie in my right hand at the time and it smashed on about the 4th step and as i picked myself up i noticed that the base of the stubbie was embedded in my hand. Automatically i pulled the glass out of my hand and then all of a sudden there was a hole in the middle of my palm the size of a cricket ball.
I finally found someone sober enough to take me to hospital and rushed in only to be told i would have to wait 1hr for the doctor to come in (was a small country hospital Braidwood NSW) When he finally got in he realised a few stiches wernt going to do the job and sent me by ambo to canberra.
I ended up having to have a hand reconstuction as i had Cut all the ligaments, Tendons and nerves. The only thing that stopped the glass going right through my hand was the bone.
I have most movement back in my fingers (after 2 more recos and heaps of Physio) but have limited feeling in my thumb and index finger as i cut the main nerve in my hand therefore killing it. It will grow back but it takes time.
I will post a pic tonight of the scar but i dont think i have any of wehn it actully happened
Old 29-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #30
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Breaking both ankles at once, one of which ended up being fused leaving me with no up and down ankle movement whatsoever on the left. Also cracked the kneecap in the same incident along with killing the Axillary nerve which left me with bugger all feeling in my upper left arm and reduced strength in the left shoulder.