Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 31-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #1
Quicklier
Perfecting the 1-2 change

Default Handbrake Cover removal

Hi guys,
I'm prepping the EF (series 1 manual) for a RWC and I'm down to the very last item.

- Handbrake Adjustment -

I actually left this untill last as I thought it would be the easiest.
Flicked to page 205 of the manual I have and read the instructions... yep, just as I suspected, tighten the little nut from within the car. Armed with an 8, 10 and 12mm socket, extension and ratchet I headed for the car.

Now the book said 'remove handbrake lever cover', but it didn't say how.
I've tried prying, pulling it from the floor up, shifting it back, moving the seat forwards/backwards to get better access, but nothing works!

How on earth do you get that vynil/leather cover off?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! This has got me stumped!

Old 31-10-2006, 10:19 PM   #2
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

usually you just slide the cover off with minimal force, unless someone has glued it on or something like that
Old 01-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #3
Quicklier
Perfecting the 1-2 change

Perhaps its been glued in the past.
If I try and grab the lower apron it starts to bend what feels like a plastic base.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:22 AM   #4
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

i know my parents au handbrake cover just slides off because one day my mum went to take the handbrake off and just about s h i t because the button was gone!!! what had actually happened was the cover had pulled up over the button!! pretty funny at the time!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #5
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicklier
Perhaps its been glued in the past.
If I try and grab the lower apron it starts to bend what feels like a plastic base.
slide it foward from the top (just behind the button)