Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #1
Turbotory
SYTTG

Default How much should a 60,000km service on a WQ Fiesta Cost?

Hey guys, just wanted to get an idea for what I should be paying for a 60k service on an WQ Fiesta. Ford have quoted $383 or $471 if it has a pollen filter in it... is this normal or are pulling my timing belt...?

Left my run a little late as it is booked in for tomorrow so any quick input would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

Turbotory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
Ben85

They dont do the timing belt, and there is no pollen filter as far as i know. I think it might need sparks replaced. I had my 60000km service and it cost me $130, but i had already replaced my sparks. Ford are the biggest rip offs!!!!!

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2009, 01:12 AM   #3
Turbotory
SYTTG

Was that serviced at ford or somewhere else? Are the spark plugs easily done by yourself? will they still stamp the books if you do the oil, air and fuel filter + fluids yourself and they just check it over?
Old 24-04-2009, 09:17 AM   #4
Ben85

It wasnt at ford, it was at my mechanic that my family has been going to for 15yrs. Sparks are easily done by yourself. Unless you kno, or have a good mechanic, then no they wont just stamp the book. Ford will want to do everything themselves, and they will charge you a fortune for it.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Old 24-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
Turbotory
SYTTG

just spoke to another mechanic ive been to before. He quoted me $130! Good old ford misses out again.
He even said the 60,000 isnt a major service. Where ford seemed to think they needed to pull it apart and start from scratch...

Cheers for the input.
Old 24-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #6
Ben85

ur welcome champ, just glad u didnt get screwed over