Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question Mondeo Zetec/Titanium & G6E Specifications.

When you compare the equipment and specification level of the Mondeo Zetec it makes the G6E look like a povo pack XT. Then add the Titanium and the G6E is defineatly no value for money. Apart from the engine difference, the 2 Mondeos are light years ahead of the G6E. Ford needs to upspec the G6E to at least Zetec level. The Titanium spec should be in the G6E.

Old 16-09-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

True, and I think that's the way Marin wants to head. I was at a function where Marin gave a speach, and he said that today's consumers are all about gadgets these days. This was his focus when he lead the design of the Fiesta in Europe. He wanted to make sure that it had a lot of new technologies in it. Thus it had come out with voice activation, ipod connection, etc.

So from this you can only join the dots which point in to the direction of the falcon eventually having more technologies in it for the future.

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

WG Fiesta ST Manual, Black.
JutroXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

You will see some of the Mondeo features trickle their way into FG2...

What you need to realise is FG is made for a very small market, therefore the costs associated with such technologies is much higher as it cannot be spread across a larger production!!

G6E only misses out on sunroof, projectors, remote less entry, front park assist and distance cruise... Mondeo misses out on reverse camera, full 6 way power seat, full leather, anti hijack locking, digital speedo, seat memory, dipping passenger mirror, and ofcourse power!

So really neither car has everything although some of the Mondeo features are good like distance cruise, our XR5 Turbo is a great car, the g/f LOVES it!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
kinksta
Luxojet

bugger, i'll go trade in my g6et for a mondeo then....

nah i agree with you, but i wouldn't buy a mondeo unless it was rwd and twin turbo..

I'm just being honest...
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bfiipursuit..G6E misses out on...

New driver safety features
Underlining Mondeo's reputation for class-leading technologies will be the addition of several new safety-related functions, many of which can usually only be found in far more expensive European automotive brands.

These new features are:

- For Mondeo Titanium TDCi
Driver Alert – on-board driver drowsiness detection system which calculates specific driving parameters to monitor driver vigilance and alertness.
Lane Departure Warning (LDW) – a camera-based system which monitors the road ahead and warns the driver if their car unintentionally wanders out of its road lane.
Adjustable Speed Limiting Device (ASLD) – this simple switch mounted on the indicator stalk allows the driver to set the car's maximum speed when driving.
Automatic High Beam headlights – this system constantly assesses the ambient light ahead of the vehicle and automatically adjusts the headlights from main- to high-beam when conditions become dark enough. Conversely, when lights from an oncoming car are detected, the system automatically switches back from high- to main-beam.
- For Mondeo Titanium and Titanium TDCi
Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) – detects vehicles travelling in the driver's visual blind spots. This system uses two bumper-mounted radars to detect vehicles in these locations and alerts the driver with a warning light in the corresponding rear-vision mirror.
LED Day Time Running Lights (LED DTRL) – a first for this segment (according to VFACTS Medium <$60K) these two striking arrays of LEDs (Light-emitting Diodes) are fitted to the front of the car; not only do they add an impressive visual touch to its looks they enhance the car's visibility to other road users.
These features join Mondeo's already-impressive standard five-star ANCAP safety arsenal which includes seven airbags (including side curtain airbags and a driver's kneebag), Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and Emergency Brake Assist (EBA).

My point was..there is a big difference between Mondeo and G6E. If I didn't need a rwd drive for towing, the specifications alone, would sell me a Mondeo over a G6E. G6E is a poor cousin to the Mondeo. Both are good cars..each for a different purpose.
Old 16-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
kinksta
Luxojet

I would be in that mondeo if the barra turbo somehow fit in it, and all wheel drive. I agree the G6E is sadening. I just had a mate ask how do I move the passenger seat, I told him and the reply I got sends shivers down my spine....

Just like my VL :(
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You forgot to mention G6e misses out on bluetooth that will pair with anything modern, like an iphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
bfiipursuit..G6E misses out on...

New driver safety features
Underlining Mondeo's reputation for class-leading technologies will be the addition of several new safety-related functions, many of which can usually only be found in far more expensive European automotive brands.

These new features are:

- For Mondeo Titanium TDCi
Driver Alert – on-board driver drowsiness detection system which calculates specific driving parameters to monitor driver vigilance and alertness.
Lane Departure Warning (LDW) – a camera-based system which monitors the road ahead and warns the driver if their car unintentionally wanders out of its road lane.
Adjustable Speed Limiting Device (ASLD) – this simple switch mounted on the indicator stalk allows the driver to set the car's maximum speed when driving.
Automatic High Beam headlights – this system constantly assesses the ambient light ahead of the vehicle and automatically adjusts the headlights from main- to high-beam when conditions become dark enough. Conversely, when lights from an oncoming car are detected, the system automatically switches back from high- to main-beam.
- For Mondeo Titanium and Titanium TDCi
Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) – detects vehicles travelling in the driver's visual blind spots. This system uses two bumper-mounted radars to detect vehicles in these locations and alerts the driver with a warning light in the corresponding rear-vision mirror.
LED Day Time Running Lights (LED DTRL) – a first for this segment (according to VFACTS Medium <$60K) these two striking arrays of LEDs (Light-emitting Diodes) are fitted to the front of the car; not only do they add an impressive visual touch to its looks they enhance the car's visibility to other road users.
These features join Mondeo's already-impressive standard five-star ANCAP safety arsenal which includes seven airbags (including side curtain airbags and a driver's kneebag), Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and Emergency Brake Assist (EBA).

My point was..there is a big difference between Mondeo and G6E. If I didn't need a rwd drive for towing, the specifications alone, would sell me a Mondeo over a G6E. G6E is a poor cousin to the Mondeo. Both are good cars..each for a different purpose.
Old 16-09-2010, 09:30 PM   #8
InTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by davocol
You forgot to mention G6e misses out on bluetooth that will pair with anything modern, like an iphone.
We've never had a problem pairing with my wife's 3GS iPhone.

TBH, not one of those unique Mondeo gadgets would make me consider it as an alternative to a G6E (let alone the Turbo).

And a few of those gadgets are aimed at drivers who probably shouldn't be behind the wheel in the first place.
Old 16-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #9
Rapscallion
Seduce G6ET

So right. I came out of an MA Mondeo Zetec into a g6et. Most days I miss the auto down AND up for all windows. I know come summer I will miss the remote global open/close of the windows. Everyday I miss a Bluetooth phone system that works effectively, including full access to contacts stored in my phone. Voice control is not a gimmick like is often claimed. It does work and I miss that too. Illuminated controls on the steering wheel is a good thing at night but I only occasionally miss that.

But I forget it all when I put my foot down. I'll take the g6et thanks.
Rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #10
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pairs fine, can you receive a call on yours and answer it? Also can you tell me if your phone book is copied across, i.e the persons name is displayed on the ICC when someone calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTrail
We've never had a problem pairing with my wife's 3GS iPhone.

TBH, not one of those unique Mondeo gadgets would make me consider it as an alternative to a G6E (let alone the Turbo).

And a few of those gadgets are aimed at drivers who probably shouldn't be behind the wheel in the first place.
Old 16-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #11
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
When you compare the equipment and specification level of the Mondeo Zetec it makes the G6E look like a povo pack XT. Then add the Titanium and the G6E is defineatly no value for money. Apart from the engine difference, the 2 Mondeos are light years ahead of the G6E. Ford needs to upspec the G6E to at least Zetec level. The Titanium spec should be in the G6E.
2 different markets ......

Couldn't tow a boat or a van with a Mondeo ..... price difference isn't massive and many who do have a G6E wouldn't know what a bluetooth was! Love my gadgets but no way would I own a Mondeo. Not my thing. Comparisons from different classes is not black and white.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post