Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 22-01-2006, 12:34 AM   #1
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Default wolf is on its way... anyone installed it themselves??

Hello....

My wolf 3d will be here next week, and i was wondering what they are like to install at home???

Anybody done this b4, would love to know...

Or better yet, if your in the north side of brizzy next week and would like to have some free beers and a bbq, come on over to my joint... (pm me lol)

prob oz day i will make a start... ive done most of the car myself so why stop now hey

Also, anyone with a base map for about 6-10 psi with the stock injectors, let me know... Ive got one but i dont think its for the stocky inj...

Cheers fellas.

- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 08:43 PM   #2
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

bumpage...

will deposit $20 to the first person to give me the full rundown.. Cheers.
- XB Coupe Project
Old 22-01-2006, 08:49 PM   #3
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You dont get an install guide with the wolf? It should be straight forward - split the sensor signals from the eec, then disable the injectors and ignition output connect them to the new ecu.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 08:50 PM   #4
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im the majority of the way through it. It takes a while and Im not sure if Ill be able to get it running myself yet.

Ive wired up all the sensors, relays, injectors and most outputs but am yet to do the ignition input side.

Its not hard just time consuming so far. Your looking at about $500 to get it installed and tuned I think. I cant do it as my car hasnt even got a fuel system at the moment. Or windows or doors lol.

Yeah the book is all self explanatory apart from the igniton side of things. It looks messy to begin with but once you ditch the wires you dont need there isnt that much to do.
Old 22-01-2006, 09:33 PM   #5
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

aahh thanks mate.. i knew youd be one of the first to reply.. so the books supplied are pretty good hey?? hope so..

ive got all the wiring diagrams for the stock computer so im not going in blind... I just need someone who done it to an EF to aid me through the process of wiring up the injectors, ignition and the sensors..
- XB Coupe Project
Old 22-01-2006, 09:37 PM   #6
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockstandard
You dont get an install guide with the wolf? It should be straight forward - split the sensor signals from the eec, then disable the injectors and ignition output connect them to the new ecu.

So by splitting the sensor signals, you mean to have the two share the signals from the specific sensors? Or do you mean to simply disconnect these sensors from the eec and divert them to the inputs of the wolf..

The site has some good pdfs but they are not opening on my comp.. get a corruption error.. so if anyone has those pdfs, let me know.
- XB Coupe Project
Old 22-01-2006, 09:40 PM   #7
papaghia

got a base map

remind me to give it to u

-jkk
papaghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #8
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah the injectors are simple. There will be 3 wires you will use from the wolf. 2 injectors to each wire into 1 pin on the injectors, then the other pin is a switched 12 V feed.

The air and water temp sensor are 2 wires each. They share a ground and use 2 seperate wires.

The fuel pump and thermofan if you choose to use it are easy. You probs dont have to worry about these though if you keep the stock ecu.

The rest is pretty much just the ignition side which is a bit trickier.
Old 22-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #9
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

cool.. cheers mate. Your a champ..

@jkk, yeh got the map mate... just find out what injectors and boost levl its for so i know where to start lol
- XB Coupe Project
Old 24-01-2006, 05:17 AM   #10
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

After looking through the manual, the injectors, and sensors seem pretty straight foreward. However, since i have the coil pack happening, how the hell do i go about installing the coil pack with the wolf 3d V4. Ive been told i need V4+ for coil packs, but i really cant resist this good deal and go and buy a V4+ ... Apparently i need an igniter?? Not too sure.

So, Will i be better off simply getting a coil and dizzy into the EF?? Will that save me time and money, or will i be better off getting whatever parts i need for the coil pack??

Also, a few other little questions..

What parts do i need for the boost controller with the wolf for an external gate setup
What o2 sensor do i need to get A/F ratios on the hand controller?? And where can i get this from?
- XB Coupe Project