Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-04-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
kryzak260
Brembo Lover

Default Issues with car not being used

Hi Guys,

The victorian government requested that they mind my drivers licence for awhile about a month ago for an offence that was commited 14 months ago :newangel:

In light of this, i cannot use my car obviously. What if anything can go wrong with the car over time? The battery is already dead (not holding charge for more than 24 hours after being on the battery charger for 18 hours) due to not being used, but what else can go wrong?

I am trying to give it a start at least once a week and let it warm up, but i dont know what else to do. I did that today and gave it a rev once hot and some black water came out of the exhaust :

Cheers,
Michael

Hers: 2006 BF Super Pursuit in Vixen
kryzak260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

You will get condensation in the exhaust from sitting, just do the same thing every week at least, let it warm give it a rev or two, and if its an auto drop it between the gears and back it up (driveway only of course) and park it back again.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
Steve D
Irregular Member

I'd be inclined to do more than that. Surely a short fire-up-and-rev is worse than nothing.

A good drive every week or two would be better - it's just that you'll have to be a passenger...
*** Wheels magazine COTY 1996 ***
Steve D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 02:37 PM   #4
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

get someonw else to drive you round in it like to the shop or somewthing a couple o times a week, or each w/end.
Old 13-04-2006, 04:02 PM   #5
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Flat spots on the tyres if its sitting might be a worry, also turn your air con once a week on to prevent the seals from drying out.

I'm pretty sure that WA law says you cannot even be in the drivers seat with keys in the ignition if you don't have a licence.
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 06:42 PM   #6
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

may it rust in peace ...lol , jokin ! - i'de put it on bricks /stands , saves the flat spots on the wheels issue , you can even take it for a drive for an hour or so if you like ! ( and get no-where ) ! ...lmao

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post