Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
xr6fa

Question black sabbath concert

Hi guys,just wondering if anybody here are going to the black sabbath concert.

xr6fa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
anto
Za Dom spremni

yes indeed. If there ever were a gig to see this would be it !
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #3
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Would be fantastic to see them again. I last saw them in 1974, hahahaha Got Dad to take me. His ears were ringing for days.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #4
MRJUCY
Fordless

Ozzy era Sabbath is my favourite band & wouldn't miss it for the world Heaven & Hell tho I couldn't care less.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #5
muppet

I would love to as I am a big Dio era Sabbath fan , but for $125 they can kiss my hairy butt . Maybe $60 or $70 but $125 come on thats just a bit too much of a joke . I know 5 other people that would go if it was cheaper and I bet they dont sell out the Newcastle entertainment centre (thats where I would be going ) . Their heads are a bit too big for their boots if you ask me .
Old 29-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #6
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My mate and i are going. On the 8th, just over a week now : . massive fan of the dio years, its ganna be mad.
FlipXW is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #7
muppet

Let me know how empty the entcent is lol .
Old 29-07-2007, 09:18 PM   #8
rodderz

I was thinking of going to this, but i liked the Ozzy era better too. Although, it would be great to see Tony Iommi and Co together again. I cant see why they charge so much for tickets to these gigs now
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 09:37 PM   #9
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet
Let me know how empty the entcent is lol .
um sold out
Old 29-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #10
ratman
krunch krunch hsv 4 lunch

Yep, I'm going - definately a worthy Bday present from my brothers.
ratman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #11
muppet

youre joking , right
Must be a lot of people in Newcastle with more money than sense lol .
Old 29-07-2007, 09:53 PM   #12
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
youre joking , right
Must be a lot of people in Newcastle with more money than sense lol .
I must admit i did think it was very steep but its once in a life time. And anyway this is coming from a guy whose going to england next year just to see iron maiden and megadeth.
Old 29-07-2007, 09:58 PM   #13
torry
Banned

It is a little steep in pricing but hey it's going to be maybe the last time we get to see these guys perform live here in OZ.I remember the Sacred Heart Tour (Dio) and it was awesome.Dio defanately has what it takes to give us a top night out. :
torry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 10:04 PM   #14
muppet

well that shoud be a good trip . I saw Iron Maiden in the 80,s at the civic in newcastle so I have ticked that box lol . How much are the tickets to get in though . I bet they arent as dear as australian tickets , we get ripped by everyone .
Yeah I know it's a once in a life time thing , but I just refuse to pay that sort of cash to see a band .
Old 29-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #15
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torry
It is a little steep in pricing but hey it's going to be maybe the last time we get to see these guys perform live here in OZ.I remember the Sacred Heart Tour (Dio) and it was awesome.Dio defanately has what it takes to give us a top night out. :
Bloody oath,I still got all my albums signed by the band,just dont have anything to play them on now
Me and a couple mates camped out in front of the sebel for a couple hours and they came out and signed our albums and took a heap of pics with em..
Prefer Dio to ozzy anyday..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 10:07 PM   #16
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
well that shoud be a good trip . I saw Iron Maiden in the 80,s at the civic in newcastle so I have ticked that box lol . How much are the tickets to get in though . I bet they arent as dear as australian tickets , we get ripped by everyone .
Yeah I know it's a once in a life time thing , but I just refuse to pay that sort of cash to see a band .
Very true, yes they are cheaper.
We get ripped here in aust, and we rarely get many tours of top bands :(. so when the opportunity comes along you gotta take it, IMO anyways.
Old 29-07-2007, 10:09 PM   #17
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Bloody oath,I still got all my albums signed by the band,just dont have anything to play them on now
Me and a couple mates camped out in front of the sebel for a couple hours and they came out and signed our albums and took a heap of pics with em..
Prefer Dio to ozzy anyday..
Yes i to much prefer dio, however i think most of the ozzy songs are better if you get me lol. Dio is a much better singer.
Old 29-07-2007, 10:21 PM   #18
muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilXR8
Very true, yes they are cheaper.
We get ripped here in aust, and we rarely get many tours of top bands :(. so when the opportunity comes along you gotta take it, IMO anyways.
Yeah you are right there , if you can justify the money for the ticket . I just know a lot of big Sabbath fans that cant , and they are pi$$ed about it I can tell you .
Old 29-07-2007, 10:35 PM   #19
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah you are right there , if you can justify the money for the ticket . I just know a lot of big Sabbath fans that cant , and they are pi$$ed about it I can tell you .
Can't really blame them ay.
Old 30-07-2007, 12:05 AM   #20
anto
Za Dom spremni

The reason they charge alot of money is logisticly its costs alot to come out to Australia for these bands. I mean in Adelaide theyre only playing to 2500 people, how much money are they going to make out of that ? Its probably the last opportunity to see them in Australia.
personaly I would have paid anything, in fact I almost flew over to the US to see the original line up last time they toured there..wish I did.

For any of you Sabbath fans check out Iommi's solo albums if you havent already, its some of his/Sabbaths best work since Dehumanizer..
AU III XR8 red ute
Old 30-07-2007, 08:24 AM   #21
SHIFTN
CL&JW BATHURST CHAMPS!

What are the details and where do i buy tickets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3dude
geeves can you pass the toothpicks please, i have some rice stuck between my teeth.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwley93
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
SHIFTN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2007, 04:47 PM   #22
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Ticketek!

I'm there, got pre-sale tics. Neon Knights!
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2007, 09:23 PM   #23
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilXR8
Yes i to much prefer dio, however i think most of the ozzy songs are better if you get me lol. Dio is a much better singer.

I liked both Dio and Osbourne....although Heaven & Hell (circa 1980) is my fav Sabbath album....I'm 44 and my 12 yo son plays bass in a metal group and his favourite album?....Paranoid...Timeless music.

Dio's solo album, Holy Diver probably one of the most prolific rock albums of the modern era.

Dio with Blackmore's Rainbow not a bad listen either

Does anyone rememeber the album Sabbath did with ex Deep Purple volcalist, Ian Gillan after Ronnie left?....Think it was called Born Again...track on that album called Digital b**** is f'in awesome.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2007, 10:02 PM   #24
bob 351
MIGHTY MAGPIES 2010

Location: yarram se vic in the shed listening to pinkfloyd and rubbing panels

no ozzie no black sabbath also they wont be performing any of the origanal song's i believe the ozz man has the copy right on them i am not going now if ozz was the front man i would of been there last week
bob 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2007, 10:39 PM   #25
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42
I liked both Dio and Osbourne....although Heaven & Hell (circa 1980) is my fav Sabbath album....I'm 44 and my 12 yo son plays bass in a metal group and his favourite album?....Paranoid...Timeless music.

Dio's solo album, Holy Diver probably one of the most prolific rock albums of the modern era.

Dio with Blackmore's Rainbow not a bad listen either

Does anyone rememeber the album Sabbath did with ex Deep Purple volcalist, Ian Gillan after Ronnie left?....Think it was called Born Again...track on that album called Digital b**** is f'in awesome.
Heaven and Hell is my fav Sabbath album aswell probably followed by Headless Cross and Paranoid.
Dio's album diamonds is my fav cd i own, so many great songs on it.
Concert in newy is tomorrow night :
Old 08-08-2007, 01:01 AM   #26
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob 351
no ozzie no black sabbath also they wont be performing any of the origanal song's i believe the ozz man has the copy right on them i am not going now if ozz was the front man i would of been there last week
they dont perform anyof the Ozzy era as this is the "dio" Black Sabbath era. Personaly I prefer it this way. Ozzy and Sabbath are reportedly touring next year and recording a new album so we get the best of both worlds

Saw the show here in Adelaide on Sunday night, all I can say is I pity any Sabbath fans that misses this !! Sabbath isnt Dio or Ozzy, Sabbath is Tony Iommi and Gzr Butler IMO !!! Dio, Ozzy, Gillan, Martin, Hughes whatever !! its all good

It would have to be hands down the best live show Ive seen...ever !! and thats comparing to Metallica's justice for all tour back in late 80's, slayer, megadeth, Anthrax, pantera, Kiss..and scores of other metal bands over the past decade..
Dio sh**s all over Ozzy in the vocal dept and still hits his mark every time, same cant be said for Ozzy, . If anyones has seen the last supper DVD you would have noticed that he even needs a tele prompter because he cant remember the words to the songs FFS !! then add to that the train wreck that was "the osbournes" reality show which maked him look like a freakin clown just so his lousy wife could get her 5 minutes of fame...sad sad
AU III XR8 red ute
Old 08-08-2007, 07:29 AM   #27
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Ozzy doesn't own any copyright, since Tony writes the music and Bill Ward, not Ozzy, wrote a lot of the lyrics. Black Sabbath, including Ozzy and Bill are technically still a band, which is why this tour is under the Heaven and Hell name, promoting the Dio years compilation. Ozzy, Bill are reuniting with Geezer and Tony for a Black Sabbath tour later this year, or next.

Last edited by Mark351; 08-08-2007 at 07:37 AM.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2007, 11:05 AM   #28
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto
they dont perform anyof the Ozzy era as this is the "dio" Black Sabbath era. Personaly I prefer it this way. Ozzy and Sabbath are reportedly touring next year and recording a new album so we get the best of both worlds

Saw the show here in Adelaide on Sunday night, all I can say is I pity any Sabbath fans that misses this !! Sabbath isnt Dio or Ozzy, Sabbath is Tony Iommi and Gzr Butler IMO !!! Dio, Ozzy, Gillan, Martin, Hughes whatever !! its all good

It would have to be hands down the best live show Ive seen...ever !! and thats comparing to Metallica's justice for all tour back in late 80's, slayer, megadeth, Anthrax, pantera, Kiss..and scores of other metal bands over the past decade..
Dio sh**s all over Ozzy in the vocal dept and still hits his mark every time, same cant be said for Ozzy, . If anyones has seen the last supper DVD you would have noticed that he even needs a tele prompter because he cant remember the words to the songs FFS !! then add to that the train wreck that was "the osbournes" reality show which maked him look like a freakin clown just so his lousy wife could get her 5 minutes of fame...sad sad
Well said. This best show your've ever seen pleases me. Bring on tonight :. I will get some pics and post em up.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:45 AM   #29
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw the concert last night and it was outstanding defintly worth the the money. It was twice as good as i expected. Dio's still got a great voice and Iommi is just a pure god. I was very impressed, and glad i didnt miss it.
heres a pic,
Old 11-08-2007, 02:12 AM   #30
phildee

Just saw this in Melbourne tonight, absolutely amazing!

We had great tickets at the front row of 1st level seats but some older guy handed me and my mate FRONT ROW CENTER on the floor as his wife had to go home and he was happier to be able to sit down (thanks whoever you were)

Dio may be old but his stage presence and voice are still better than most out there and although I prefer his solo work the song selection was great. Tommy was amazing, Geezer was amazing and I couldn't believe how hard Vinny kept hitting the drums all night, all in all one of my favorite concerts. I also got one of Geezer's pick's at the end, was a great night.
phildee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post