Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 07-03-2006, 10:14 PM   #1
AMP
Starter Motor

Default Damaged EB Fairmont

I am stuck driving a Corolla, and it seems that everything that I do to try and get out of it, like driving my Dad's Patrol, or Mum's Falcon, I am destined to drive a Corolla. Until now. I have seen an EB Fairmont that I am seriously contemplating buying, doing up and driving, leaving the Corolla for my little brother to 'enjoy'.

Now, the question. This is the car, but my question is in two parts.

1) What has to be done to the car to get it onto the road? I mean total refitting of parts, bumper, bonnet, lights, grill, etc.

2) What would you expect a car like that to go for on the day? I can't see it going for any more than $1,500, and I have budgeted $2,000 (including purchase of the car) to get it on the road, but not registered. Is this a realistic amount, taking into consideration the low kilometers, and the fact that the rest of the car looks ok?

Thanks for your help.

AMP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #2
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Probably go for abotu $1000 maybe less if your really lucky! Thats minor front damage bumper lights bonet youll probably find basic roadworthy stuff like a rear main seal any leaks here and there $500-$1000 to get it on the road depends on how much you have to spend looks ok though get it i would!! good small project and you still have the corolla to pump around in till you get it on the road!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #3
-jjM-
Banned

bumper = $60
good set of lights = $40
i cant tell from her but it guards are damaged = $30 each
bonnet = $60-80

looks prity clean from the pics the rest of the car, $1500 max id pay
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 11:21 PM   #4
InitialD
Low and Loud

Since its a stock EB2 Fairmont, Id be looking for one with rego allready.

That looks like it needs
Bumper, Bonnet & grill, Passenger guard. You would also have to repair the radiator support pannel I bet, thats if the chassis rails are not bent. They even list its got heavy front end damage.

Plus ontop of all that you have to get the car VIV'd (if you have that in your state) which can cost around the $300 mark and they want recepts for all the work done and parts used I believe. Plus rego $550ish.

It would cost you WAY OVER $2000 to get it on the road if your including the price of the car in the $2000

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 11:50 PM   #5
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Save your money and get something running with reg. An insurance company has already decided it's not worth fixing, I'd be following that move.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 02:03 AM   #6
theboss290
FPV GT

Don’t! Will cost too much to fix.
theboss290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 02:22 AM   #7
efgiar
rofl copter

yeah for 2 grand u can buy a fairly nice eb2 fairmont with rego and RW...

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 12:38 PM   #8
bdennis
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have a look on ebay there is a ED fairmont for $1100 (starting) in NSW running..
bdennis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post