Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-01-2006, 08:10 PM   #1
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Best pannel shop in northern melb?

Hi guys
I need to get some panel work done on my AU and was wondering where people go to get theirs done. I am particularly worried about the colour matching as I have metallic burgundy (not sure the exact name of it).
I have been put on to three places that I have heard about before.
Fawkner Body Repairs on Sydney rd – They look professional, and they guaranty their work for the life of the car.
Aztec Smash Repairs also on Sydney rd – Been given a good wrap by the mechanic I go to, and are a bit cheaper.
Melville Body Works – Great customer service, and offer a loan car while work is carried out.
Anyway, if anyone has experience with any of those places, or knows a better place, I would love to hear about it.

ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 11:27 PM   #2
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mill Park Smash Repairs (in Epping).. Fairly good!
Old 06-01-2006, 12:04 AM   #3
FTGAutosalvage
Commercial Sponsor

walk into the shop and have a look on the floor , dusty and dirty panel shops=poor quality paint 95% of the time , have a look around the shop gravel drivways = trouble , proffesional outfit with reception area ,what sort of cars are being repaired , top quality late model cars or car yard type cars ie ef falcons & vr commys
these are some of the basics to look for IMO
FTGAutosalvage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 01:11 AM   #4
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that sounds like good advice, thanks heaps for that. Fawkner looks very pro, the guy who quoted me had a suit on. and there was an RX8 in the shop that i noticed, so i think they are ahead so far. Melville tryed to get me in with all their gimmicks. but i have noticed a large range of cars there as they always seem busy, from x-series all the way up to merc's, so i dont know. i'm sure they have sucked in a few people with the loaner car, it almost got me!
cheers for that
Old 15-01-2006, 11:14 PM   #5
xd5.8l
Banned

Its out of your way but I recommend LACEY'S PANELWORKS in burwood. My AU had the alloy crossmember buckle the chassis rails (hit a gutter), and left side of car wrecked by a waste high street sign.

It came out better then what it was before the accident. They are one of only seven panel beaters in VIC to have a 'AUSTRALIAN QUALITY ASSURANCE' tag to their name.
xd5.8l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 01:27 AM   #6
Bobman
Regulator

Where abouts in Burwood are they? price wise any good?

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 08:57 PM   #7
xd5.8l
Banned

On Heatherdale rd. look in the yellow pages. Non of those dodgy sanding swirls in the paint either. Good luck mate
xd5.8l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 08:50 PM   #8
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd5.8l
On Heatherdale rd. look in the yellow pages. Non of those dodgy sanding swirls in the paint either. Good luck mate
thanks for that. i am still in the process of saving the money to get the work done. its mainly paint work, but one door needs some repair. also, i am missing some of the chrome looking pin stripe here and there. is that stuff still available? i'm guessing its not cheap either. i might just see if it works out better to just get everything done at once.
Old 17-01-2006, 08:54 PM   #9
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
I use these guys. Havent had problems with a big job they did on my folks VX Commodore. They're going to be repairing the rear end of the BA that got rear ended recently.

Bruce Sutherland accident Repairs Centre
21 -23 Newlands Rd Reservoir 3073
(03) 9469 4674
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 09:02 PM   #10
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like these guys are great, but they are just too far away if i had to leave my car. i would be a two car trip, where as most of the other places i have looked at are either a short train trip, or even just a nice walk from my home. but seeing as you guys rate them so highly i might as well get a quote from them at least, just to compare price.
Old 17-01-2006, 09:03 PM   #11
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
I use these guys. Havent had problems with a big job they did on my folks VX Commodore. They're going to be repairing the rear end of the BA that got rear ended recently.

Bruce Sutherland accident Repairs Centre
21 -23 Newlands Rd Reservoir 3073
(03) 9469 4674
cheers vztrt, they are a lot closer. i'll check them out too
Old 20-01-2006, 09:53 PM   #12
XITED_6
Was It Something I Said!

ALLBRYTE BODY WORKS.
Just off sydney & bakers rd Nth Coburg.
My car is there atm very good service and proffesionals.
My mate is the spray painter and ive seen his work.
XITED_6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 01:43 AM   #13
Dean C

Alrin panels in Campbellfield, they do alot of Bayford Fords work, they done a bumper for my XR6T and was quite impressed
Dean C is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 02:01 AM   #14
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Mister Body Repairs does all my work ring Richard on 9469 3889 in bambry road reservoir tell him Phil with the XR racecar put you on to him he has done allmy cars for about ten yearshe is going to spray my 67 American sports coupe

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post