Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-04-2006, 12:39 AM   #1
Skooter

Default The best way to get wheels from Melb to Perth

Hello

Can anybody recommend an affordable courier to get four XR6 wheels from Melbourne to Perth. Im not sure exactly how much they weigh, but im sure someone would have an approximate.

Thanks everyone!

Jimmeh

Skooter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 12:54 AM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

any road transport co could give you a good estimate car wheels approx 20/25kg each toll ipec 133366,heaps of others, have a gig in phone book
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 01:00 AM   #3
Skooter

Yeah Ive tried quite a few... most wanting a certain amount spent every month and requiring an ABN. Quite a few places also quoted over 200 and 300 which is pretty steep for me at the moment, so Im wondering if there are any cheaper
Skooter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 05:15 PM   #4
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

If you don't mind waiting until the end of december I'll bring them over for a bottle of Jacks. Will be there for xmass and new years this year.
rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 05:24 PM   #5
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter
Yeah Ive tried quite a few... most wanting a certain amount spent every month and requiring an ABN. Quite a few places also quoted over 200 and 300 which is pretty steep for me at the moment, so Im wondering if there are any cheaper
give me the suburb & postcode in melb & delivery destination in perth and l'll get you a cash price quote.

cheers andrew
rst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #6
Jimmeh

Hello, same person here... accidently posted in my brothers account before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidxr6
If you don't mind waiting until the end of december I'll bring them over for a bottle of Jacks. Will be there for xmass and new years this year.
Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to wait that long because I bought the wheels off eBay and needs to post them asap. I really appreciate the offer though, thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst2000
give me the suburb & postcode in melb & delivery destination in perth and l'll get you a cash price quote.

cheers andrew
Hello Andrew. Its Heathmont, 3135, and for Perth it's Wembley Downs, 6019, but pretty much anywhere in Perth is good. Thank you very much.

EDIT: also I found out they are approx 11kg each.

Cheers for the replys guys!

Last edited by Jimmeh; 07-04-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Jimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 04:21 PM   #7
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Jimmeh]Hello, same person here... accidently posted in my brothers account before.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to wait that long because I bought the wheels off eBay and needs to post them asap. I really appreciate the offer though, thanks mate.

Hello Andrew. Its Heathmont, 3135, and for Perth it's Wembley Downs, 6019, but pretty much anywhere in Perth is good. Thank you very much.

EDIT: also I found out they are approx 11kg each

pm sent.
cheers andrew
Old 10-04-2006, 04:45 PM   #8
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
any road transport co could give you a good estimate car wheels approx 20/25kg each toll ipec 133366,heaps of others, have a gig in phone book

it's not quite as easy as that these days.Unfortunately alot of transport co's only deal with account customer holders.

cheers andrew
Old 10-04-2006, 05:20 PM   #9
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Jimmeh]Hello, same person here... accidently posted in my brothers account before.

door to door delivery can be done for $150 to perth.
if other members need assisstance with ebay or associated items feel free to pm me.

cheers andrew
Old 10-04-2006, 05:26 PM   #10
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

door to door delivery can be done for $150 to perth.
if other members need assisstance with ebay or associated items feel free to pm me.

cheers andrew