Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-12-2006, 01:11 AM   #1
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default New style round AU front lights available...opinions

I know you either love them or hate them, but I've just put some new front lights on my AU (Back lights are over a year old). I put them on just to make my car a little different to the masses... I like the look, makes the front end more sporty in my opinion. I haven't seen the black version of these headlights on any AU's before mine so thought I'd share...

vfast is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 01:13 AM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Those headlights actually look pretty good on your car, but I think only because it it black.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 01:16 AM   #3
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

of course, I'd never in a million years stick chrome backed lights on my car... to me they look tacky (perhaps unless on a light coloured vehicle) its all about getting the match right...otherwise I would have stayed with standard...
Old 12-12-2006, 01:27 AM   #4
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Hey Juzman,

Are your new headlights as good (in a light up the road sense) as the standard headlights?
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 02:06 AM   #5
bonk182
BonK182

They do look good on your car - but yeah the colour helps. As for me - ts50 black painted bezel all the way.

James
bonk182 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 02:13 AM   #6
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've only driven with them at night once so far, normal beam just as good... high beam I thought might be a little high...angle-wise, but will post back when I've had more of a chance to test them...
Old 12-12-2006, 09:52 AM   #7
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Where did you get'um?

Uncle Ken
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 11:11 AM   #8
HLC
Audi S3

ebay.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:53 AM   #9
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They look pretty good mate. Still not a fan of the rear lights, but I like the fronts.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #10
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah you can get them on Ebay... they're not cheap unfortunately... but maybe you could squeeze them in as a Christmas present from a better half etc.. ;)
Old 12-12-2006, 02:49 PM   #11
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzman
yeah you can get them on Ebay... they're not cheap unfortunately... but maybe you could squeeze them in as a Christmas present from a better half etc.. ;)
LOL if only I had a better half with $$$$
Now if they were Monsoon Blue :
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 04:11 PM   #12
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha... I hear ya... that's why I 'mentioned it' to the old folks ;)

Car in the pic is monsoon blue... they still go well...
Old 12-12-2006, 06:21 PM   #13
MRJUCY
Fordless

Hate them they just look messy to me but I think that about all that fast & furious gear.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 06:27 PM   #14
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Front lights: : : : : : :

Rears: :

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 06:45 PM   #15
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Hot, but the grill sticks out now?? Chrome or do something with it lol.
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 10:04 PM   #16
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it me or does the low beam reflector look like it's not sitting right?
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 10:08 PM   #17
Cam
Stroking it...

hrmm i dont mind them at all, i might get the photoshop guys do do a chop on my car with the chrome front grille i have..

On the other hand i wanted to get rid of the clear lights i have, and go for the black ones you have but now i am not sure i like them as much?!?! Can you post up a few more pics of the rear lights for me?

Cheers
Cam
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 10:10 PM   #18
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXRVIII
Is it me or does the low beam reflector look like it's not sitting right?
And no its not just you...
Old 13-12-2006, 02:09 AM   #19
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

[QUOTE=Juzman]...its all about getting the match right...QUOTE]

Aint that the truth. I have a white wagon and have to go woith the chrome/clear lights front and rear, black (luna eclipse i think its called) would just make the wag look like a pig. On the plus side , I found a company in NSW that do uncommon lights, ie au wagon tali lights, and i must say the clear ones look good...

So yes Juzman, the lights make your AU look even more sexy, sleek and stylish...perhaps something with the grill as a few have suggested, billet grill perhaps? just to break up the black. also clear side indicators (series 3) may be the next port-of-call?
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 08:08 AM   #20
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Picked these up, unmarked for only $50

StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 01:02 PM   #21
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I used to have a set of the front ones on my ute ... but with were the chrome ones.
If the reflectors are still the same design ... the beam pattern will be much worse than factory. With adjustment being very poor, especially high beam alignment.

I took great pleasure taking to them with a blockbuster and throwing them out.

Seeing as it is a complete fire ban ... burning the buggers were out of the question.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 01:28 PM   #22
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
Picked these up, unmarked for only $50

Hrmm not bad, i wouldn't mind seeing a photo from the back like that with them on a Black AU, i might be able to make up my mind then _

Cam
Old 13-12-2006, 02:21 PM   #23
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

i think they look sexy and sleek, gives the car a more european look (is thata good thing??). i'm personally getting the chrome ones for my car, should suit the white pretty well, as my current left stockie is full of moisture everymorning, and when it rains... not good.
Old 13-12-2006, 02:25 PM   #24
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndArdAU
i think they look sexy and sleek, gives the car a more european look (is thata good thing??). i'm personally getting the chrome ones for my car, should suit the white pretty well, as my current left stockie is full of moisture everymorning, and when it rains... not good.

This is what they look like on white.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 02:53 PM   #25
Richo86
Starter Motor

Thanks for the pics mate, I've been waiting for some pics of these Altezza lights on a black/dark coloured car. I reckon they look pretty sweet, but would look even better on a black car, which brings me to this:

My AU1 Fairmont is black, and I've got the chrome Altezza headlights on them which I think look really good. I've got my fair share of compliments on them too, so it's not just me who thinks they look alright on my car.

The tail lights are also the chrome altezza ones, which I've recently realised how bad they look! They came with the car, and I sorta liked them when I was looking at the car pre-purchase because I hadn't seen anything like them before. But I'm definitely changing mine ASAP. I spotted those black ones you've got on eBay a while ago, and I liked the look of them. After seeing your pics, it's convinced me to buy some

My question to you is: just how bright are those headlights you've got on? My chrome Altezza headlights are insane. The normal-beams are probably about 80% that of other cars' high-beams, and my high-beams just about turn night into day. I often get other cars flashing their high-beams at me because they think I've got my highs on when I don't.

The other problem I have is that they're aimed much too high, and when I'm sitting behind someone at the lights, I can see the beam aimed directly into the rear vision mirror of the car in front - LOL!

Does this sound similar to the black Altezza lights you've got on? Because I was considering buying a pair, but was reluctant due to price and having never seen pics of them on a black car before.

Are these things adjustable or what? I've had a quick look behind mine, but couldn't see a hell of a lot.

Cheers.
Richo86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #26
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

au2sw, - my car is actually monsoon blue, it just looks black because there is no sun, so the black of the lights actually breaks up the dark blue. The next steps would be 1. Black number plate, white text (or yellow?), 2. clear indicators... and I think that's about it... oh if I have a spare 3k, TE50 kit lol then perhaps..v8 engine...or turbo..

I'll get everyone some shots of the back of my car hopefully this afternoon.

One thing I did notice with the fronts, is that high beam is a little..um.. high lol ...angle-wise... brightness I like! No probs with low beams... and park lights look nice (I've got them on in the pic)
Old 13-12-2006, 06:56 PM   #27
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't edit my initial post to add more pics...so here are some more... (all but one of the back shots has the lights turned on)

Old 13-12-2006, 08:39 PM   #28
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Looks ok. I'm still in two mines as to weather i like them or not.
Old 13-12-2006, 08:44 PM   #29
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

With that brand of tail lights iv had two sets of them. The first leaked in about 4 weeks, they replaced them with ones that leaked after about 2 months. If it has 'burg design' written on it with like a little castle then there is chance they might end up leaking. I got sick of it and got lunar ones which are much better quality and have never leaked. The wiring looms that came with the burg ones look like a chimp had made them.
Old 13-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #30
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The first thing that popped into my mind when i saw them was Fairlane Ghia. I would love to see them on a car with a chrome grille, i think they would match a bit better. Still nice though.
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post