Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-02-2010, 04:22 AM   #1
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 
Default AU2 6 stacker replacement.

Hey all, I've got a 6 stacker in the Futura that's given up and I can get a factory AU2 single cd player model to replace it with easily enough.
Anyone know if the wiring plug for the 6 stacker fits the single cd model and does the single cd unit have the trigger wire for the power aerial?
I could also fit an aftermarket radio/cd player, but I don't want to lose the steering wheel controls OR pay $300 for the cat 10 adaptor to keep them.

Cheers, Linz.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showth...71#post6891271

2006 Lightning Strike BF Fairlane Ghia...HIS

2024 Titan Grey Hyundai Tucson Highlander...HERS
Linz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

The short answer is yes.

They are a straight swap and everything works as before. I had a single CD unit in the wagon and replaced it with a 6 stacker when it died and it just plugged straight in, was business as usual, so doing the switch back the other way would be exactly the same.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 10:28 AM   #3
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by linz
I could also fit an aftermarket radio/cd player, but I don't want to lose the steering wheel controls OR pay $300 for the cat 10 adaptor to keep them.
JB's will do the Cat10 for around $180 if that makes it any easier.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

Thanks for the replies...I'll try the factory single cd first as I can get one for next to nothing.
If all else fails, I have a couple of JVC head units here (which have been rejected by the younger generation for lack of iPod aux. jack/USB port), so they'll be a last resort with the cat10 adaptor from JB's.

Cheers, Linz.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #5
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Picked up a factory single cd player from the wreckers the other day and fitted it last night...everything (including the electric aerial) worked fine except the cd player wouldn't read discs, so I dismantled the cd section and cleaned the laser pickup with metho on a cotton bud and away it went!
Wifey very happy now :

Now I've pulled that one apart, I must have a go at the 6 stacker too...might get it going again too.