Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-06-2005, 09:04 PM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default What can be wrong?

Brendan today I had the dev 4 cammed au chipped.The fuel ratios are spot on.The compression is spot on.I know its not the air fuel ratios.I know its not the hego.Plugs, leads, coil pack ,injectors fully cleaned ...what is up? What am I overlooking.

I have always given my best to you guys but the results ..I just dont understand?

http://photobucket.com/albums/y119/u...t=Scan0001.jpg

If there is no logical explanation then I will leave it alone from now on.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 09:34 PM   #2
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

yes Its not a good result for the dev4 and race series extractors when even with a unichip it won't equal a dev3hl cam with pacies! on the same dyno same operator and all that.

There must be a reason behind it the engine seems OK on all the basic fuel ign compression etc. I don't know about the cam timing though! maybe the pattern in the attached comparison will tell you more.

Attached is some JMM modded cars up here in Sydney all on Spiros dyno.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 09:49 PM   #3
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Thanks JonBays.Looks like peak power is coming in way too soon.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 09-06-2005, 11:11 PM   #4
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

It's likely advanced way too far, you're not making any top end power.
You should be nearing 150rwkw on that dyno.

Bring it here sometime and I'll clock it up.

Rick.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:53 PM   #5
Stav
Smile

pm sent..

Old 10-06-2005, 12:57 AM   #6
EFFalcon
Last warning

1/4 times will tell more
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2005, 01:44 AM   #7
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmm, yeah - get your boat down the 1/4 already!

So I guess when you get the cam clocked up right it will be back for more tuning again...

could it be anything else - stuffed cat or muffler maybe?
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2005, 08:18 AM   #8
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Yes i would agree it looks too advanced but you have to take the dyno charts with a bit of salt as although useless and I both have Au Auto wagons run in third 1:1 and 3.23 diff we have different wheels and tyres so gearing is different mine is a bit lower geared. loxxr6 is a Manual in fourth 1:1 with 3.45 diff so lower gearing again. Also I only graphed from 100k upwards as the full throttle runs in third in an auto can't actually take full throttle till over 110 beacuse kickdown cant be disabled on them

Last edited by jonbays; 10-06-2005 at 11:01 AM.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2005, 03:16 PM   #9
Stav
Smile

Well I think I may have gotten to a cause of the dev 4 lack of power. Incorrect cam timing.Yes that i what it may be.Keep yas posted.

Old 16-06-2005, 06:30 PM   #10
Stav
Smile

The final figure today after redial to spot on was 137 rwkws with the chip.I thought it was supposed to be 140 without a chip.?I dont know anymore guys. Ill just give up and save for an xr6turbo or godzilla

Last edited by Stav; 16-06-2005 at 06:43 PM.
Old 16-06-2005, 06:43 PM   #11
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
The final figure today after redial to spot on was 137 rwkws with the chip.I thought it was supposed to be 140 without a chip.?I dont know anymore guys. Ill just give up and save for an xr6turbo.
So is it any better ?

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 06:43 PM   #12
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

maybe the car requires a professional tune?

and a warning sticker... Warning, Useless has been playing with this motor...AGAIN...
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 06:46 PM   #13
Stav
Smile

I am going to take a day off next week and head for a private road. My Gtech on hand and several adjustment will give me the best 0-100 times.The wrong setting felt much better down low while the right setting feels beefier across midrange.But as I say my gtech doesnt lie!!

Old 16-06-2005, 06:51 PM   #14
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
maybe the car requires a professional tune?

and a warning sticker... Warning, Useless has been playing with this motor...AGAIN...
It did get a retune today mate.Spiro fixed it up.Maybe its the differences in dynos? But the dev3hl got heaps more than the dev 4?

If it ran right I would not be inclined to touch it.

Last edited by Stav; 16-06-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 16-06-2005, 07:03 PM   #15
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you actually given Mocks a ring and asked them ??
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 07:07 PM   #16
Stav
Smile

Yes. Cam timing and air fuel ratios were often talked about.Both of these have been addressed.

Compression is excellent doesnt drink water.Dont get me wrong this is not a bag jmm ,they have the best extractors out.

Old 19-06-2005, 04:18 PM   #17
Brenden
"THE" Workshop manager.

It would basically come down to some simple facts.

Your old motor was fine, the new one has been trouble ever since :(

It wasn't uncommon to see some Au's that just didn't go, I had one once, rebuilt it and all was fixed. Sometimes you just get a bad one.

Next to that what specs did you dial the cam into, cos I have a feeling we have have a little problem there aswell !!!

Would like to se it going good again mate

AME Albury carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Adelaide carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Shepparton carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Melbourne Highest horsepower 6 turbo 2005
AME Melbourne Highest horsepower N/A 6 2005
All Ford nationals DYO 10.5 and over champion 2005
Brenden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 10:45 PM   #18
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenden
It would basically come down to some simple facts.

Your old motor was fine, the new one has been trouble ever since :(

It wasn't uncommon to see some Au's that just didn't go, I had one once, rebuilt it and all was fixed. Sometimes you just get a bad one.

Next to that what specs did you dial the cam into, cos I have a feeling we have have a little problem there aswell !!!

Would like to se it going good again mate
Today with the chip and on a different dyno it pulled 141.9 rwkws.So Brendan I can honestly say that it is looking good again. I compared the dyno sheeet with every other sheet since the first engine.It is now putting out much better low down power and extremely close power to the 150 rwkw run right up to 160 kmph ..which is the max for a i6 quarter mile ..I pretty happy with that. I did dial the cam in to the .96mm lift at tdc and found that off the mark it felt a bit slow..and it was.I advanced the cam an ants pube on Friday out of the spec and achieved the best power curve for this engine yet. It feels good ,loses traction around corners and generally performs quite well. I was hoping the cam on its own would give me this result but the addition of the chip and my constant attraction with the vernier and lifters have led to a good outcome.I cant help but feel there is some more in there ...but I have also come to believe that greed kills.So I am happy with it now .Just do me one favour though??Can you cut a decent deal on the converter?If so pm me.