Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-06-2005, 12:49 AM   #1
Lion-hunter
Lion-hunter

Default A few questions.

1. Is there a difference between the race series and the street fighter series?
2. I wanna put in flat top pistons and use a dev 5 kit but will this make the compression to high?
3. I have pace maker race series extractors nd 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust with a high flow cat and red back muffler. Are these OK to use?
4. I want to order a set of plugs, leads and the intake high flow conversion kit but I dont if I need the later as I have SS cold air induction and a ppannel K&N filter already.
Lion-hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 04:23 PM   #2
Brenden
"THE" Workshop manager.

Lion Hunter,

Yes flat tops will give you too much compression, I like to use the 12cc dish piston where I can and the 5 cc piston for real power hunters.

The race series is our flag ship header system with long primary pipes and long secondary pipes with select diameters to enhave engine scavenging and performance.
The street fighter series was introduced the 1/05 this year and takes over from the scavenger series header. The street fighter header is now mandrel bent as the scavengers were press bent. Compared to the scavenger headers, the street fighter shave shorter pipe lengths and are a definate improvement over the scavenger. The different piping combination for the street fighters was a long shot but have proven there worth even when put up against our own Race series headers.

AME Albury carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Adelaide carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Shepparton carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Melbourne Highest horsepower 6 turbo 2005
AME Melbourne Highest horsepower N/A 6 2005
All Ford nationals DYO 10.5 and over champion 2005
Brenden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 07:19 PM   #3
Lion-hunter
Lion-hunter

Thanks for the info Brendan.
Lion-hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post