Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-04-2005, 03:32 AM   #1
Moya

Default HPC Coated + few other questions

Hi guys,

What does HPC coated actually change, and help? I asume it's some form of powder coating on top of the metal, is it just to stop rusting? Or does it help performance?

Also, I'd love to hear opinions on your intake kits. My end goal on my car is 150kw and the wheels, currently just the exhaust is done (2.5" custom mandrel), so my next stage is the intake and extractors. Extractors I'm thinking just the Scavengers, but for intake, will the intake kit be essential, or would the backyard K&N "pod in box" mod be sufficient? I'm a poor student, and am desperately saving for the edit and streetfighter cams.

Finally, whats the cost to send the Scavengers interstate to Brisbane 4076?

Cheers guys
Moya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 04:23 PM   #2
Brenden
"THE" Workshop manager.

Hi Moya,

What sort of falcon do you have ?

Still the best way to get 150+rwkw is with the complete streetfigher kit, head cam and exhaust.

As far as headers are concerned, we no longer have scavenger headers, they have been replaced by yet another street fighter part.....streetfighter headers. Yes they are different, they are fully mandrel bent and feature different pipe lengths to any other set we have made, and they scream. Cost however has increased from $400 to $490.....this increase will also go up on all complete kits aswell because the streetfighter headers are now standard in all kits.

Postage is a mystery, my guess to Brissie would be $30

AME Albury carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Adelaide carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Shepparton carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Melbourne Highest horsepower 6 turbo 2005
AME Melbourne Highest horsepower N/A 6 2005
All Ford nationals DYO 10.5 and over champion 2005
Brenden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 04:54 PM   #3
Moya

Thanks mate,

It's a pov pack AU2.

So what do you recommend, for a cheapish route to 150rwkw? The 2.5" cat back mandrel is in already, next is definately gonna be a recommended extractor from you guys and intake.

What next? I dont think per thing I could afford over $700, which is why i wanna do it in stages
Moya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2005, 04:05 AM   #4
FPVWEPN
Team Urinal Cake Racing

save up and wait simple as that ????????
FPVWEPN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 08:40 PM   #5
Bangers

Brendan, I'm looking to get a set of the Race series headers, Moya asked this question but I don't think it was answered. Whats the difference between Race Series Headers and Race Series Headers with HPC coating? And whats the end result of this difference?

Thanks
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #6
Brenden
"THE" Workshop manager.

One set is coated with the silver heat coating to cut back engine bay temps and under floor temps and the other is just bainter with black heat proof pait which does let a little more heat thru. On the BA's however HPC Coating is mandatory altho we offer both.

AME Albury carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Adelaide carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Shepparton carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Melbourne Highest horsepower 6 turbo 2005
AME Melbourne Highest horsepower N/A 6 2005
All Ford nationals DYO 10.5 and over champion 2005
Brenden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 09:42 PM   #7
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

its basically a ceramic coating that doesnt allow the transfer of heat so much, reduced under bonnet temps , improves exhaust flow speed due to less drag, better scavenging etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 09:43 PM   #8
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Hey Brenden . you guys ever goin to do the windsor efi v8 mate???
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2005, 06:41 PM   #9
toddyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenden
Hi Moya,

What sort of falcon do you have ?

Still the best way to get 150+rwkw is with the complete streetfigher kit, head cam and exhaust.

As far as headers are concerned, we no longer have scavenger headers, they have been replaced by yet another street fighter part.....streetfighter headers. Yes they are different, they are fully mandrel bent and feature different pipe lengths to any other set we have made, and they scream. Cost however has increased from $400 to $490.....this increase will also go up on all complete kits aswell because the streetfighter headers are now standard in all kits.

Postage is a mystery, my guess to Brissie would be $30
Hi Brenden

You say you no longer have scavenger headers, and that they have been replaced by the street fighter series, Does this apply to the BA Dev Kits?

Also are the Race series headers avalible for the BA, if so how much?

Cheers
Todd
toddyp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post