Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-10-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

Angry Idiots at the Movies!!!

Just a whinge. I love movies but lately I have been peeved. It varies from old people asking each other "whats happening" because they are deaf!
Teenagers talking or texting during the movie.
Last week, a stupid couple brought a baby along which cried all thru the movie!
and finally today... 2 women in their 50's were talking, my wife asked them to keep quiet,they replied" we were here first", I said "go outside and talk, we are here to see the movie", her reply to me was "go screw yourself"!!!
I wish she was a bloke!!!
Thanks for listening to my whinge....anyone else have similar probs?

Old 05-10-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
bigdave
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuff
that is a pet hate of mine, when someone gets a text, even thought it's a small screen it's damn bright and very distracting esp if they are in the row in front of you within about 3 seats either side.

i don't know about anyone else but when i go to see a movie i go because i want to see the movie, not because i want to sit txting or talking to a mate.

Menace 2005 BAII XR6
bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate, gotta agree. When we saw knocked up there were two groups of people who must have knew each other who were literally talking across the cinema to one another for ages. Everyone was telling them to shutup and were hanging crap on them but no dice. Then a few of them got up and left to the toilet or something, came back in talking, then left the cinema for good! What's the point?

Last week I saw ratatouille and the lady sitting next to us was basically narrating the movie so freakin loudly. We gave her a few looks then moved seats. I didn't feel like I could start an argument with a chick, lol.. "OMG! Look at that, he fell off the roof! HAHAHA! That's so funny!! Aww, look at him!!" etc etc.

I go with a friend once a week usually, sometimes more. It gets worse and worse all the time.
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 03:30 PM   #4
zhodak
Shakern, not stirred

If there is a movie that i really want to watch on the big screen, I go to the first session in the morning. That way all the teenagers aren't up yet, the oldies are having their morning nap, no kiddies as the cartoons are on. Went to watch transformers at 9.30am on a Saturday and the only people in the cinema were me, a friend and some other person.
New toy, 2005 TX RWD Territory, Black, optioned with Ex JC Cross 5 19's soon to be matt black alloys in 19x8.5, cruise and tinted glass, tricky pedals, JVC Head Unit in the what use to be tissue holder, reversre camera, Ford window shades, JC sourced cargo blind, MOMO wheel (in black of course). MB Quartz 2 ways in rear doors and Precision Response 6" Kevlar splits in front doors, LED DRL's, fog lights with angel eyes and Castle Headers, Hurricane cat and XR8 Hotdog
zhodak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 03:33 PM   #5
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Went to the movies are few months ago, and some inconsiderate left chewing gum on my seat. How hard is it to throe chewing gum in the bin.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 03:37 PM   #6
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How dare you question ladies in their 50s!

You have no right to question their intelligence or morals. They're always right and you should know that!

Tsk tsk

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 03:39 PM   #7
SirJuggsalot

I went to the pirates of the carribean 3 premier at the cinemas at Campbelltown - the place was a full house. Halfway through the movie two dero kids started playing tackle football on the ground between the cinema and the first row of seats!

They were playing for a good 10 minutes untill the usher finally kicked them out, then the whole cinema gave them an applause.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:05 PM   #8
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how about the people that insist on sitting right next to you when theres like 15 seats free in the row in front!!
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #9
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

or people who sit infront and through popcorn and stuff back, that really shits me off
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 04:31 PM   #10
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

or old farts that go to a movie and spend the next few days !ng about the people in there??! :

nahh, just pulling you're legs haha ...

hate the people that talk, sms, laugh SOOOO hard (a friend of mine), bring their kids (baby's) ...

but doesn't really bother me that much, i just ignore it all, besides the talking!!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #11
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Damn, what cinemas do you people go to?!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:48 PM   #12
BLDNUT01

i must say i don,t go that often but yeah if you can go to the early sessions i wet to transformers and had no problems
Old 05-10-2007, 06:39 PM   #13
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And people that are constantly getting up and down and walking in front of you, I went a few weeks ago and these little scumrats walked in front of me about 7 times, not to mention on their way back again!
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 06:54 PM   #14
cupic
Nikon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuff
Just a whinge. I love movies but lately I have been peeved. It varies from old people asking each other "whats happening" because they are deaf!
Last week, a stupid couple brought a baby along which cried all thru the movie!
and finally today... 2 women in their 50's were talking, my wife asked them to keep quiet,they replied" we were here first", I said "go outside and talk, we are here to see the movie", her reply to me was "go screw yourself"!!!
I wish she was a bloke!!!
Thanks for listening to my whinge....anyone else have similar probs?

So much for been a Senior citizen there cranky as hell thats the norm

cheers
cupic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 07:57 PM   #15
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Or when bring in bloody laser lights or slurp their drinks really loudly!

I told some kid when I saw superbad to stop slurping his drink or he'd wear it. He stopped.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 08:10 PM   #16
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Crying babies get my vote!!!
Why bring a baby to a M rated movie?
Misbehaving kids are bad enough but you gotta expect it at a G rated movie I suppose.

A gripe about the outside is if you just want a ticket you gotta stand in line with everyone else who cant decide what color ice cream they want.
No fancy self serve computer things here at my cinemas
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #17
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine is usually pretty good.

I dont really have a problem with the texting Im guilty of it, but I keep the phone down low. If anything I hate those jocky little 14, 15 year old kids in bright shirts and big hair simply being dicks. Laughing at their own in-jokes at completly random parts in the movie.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 09:00 PM   #18
billkara

haha, im a projectionist at Burwood (sydney) cinemas, and it is our duty to "test" the films before they are screened. lol so i watch them on my own, after hours with the volume as high as i want! :
billkara is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #19
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZA-289
how about the people that insist on sitting right next to you when theres like 15 seats free in the row in front!!
They're the ones who also park next to your pride and joy in a near empty car park :-)

Steve
fangq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #20
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
or people who sit infront and through popcorn and stuff back, that really shits me off
I hate that, even worse is when they sit behind you and throw it forward. So you don't know exactly who did it. There's usually a bunch of 10 just laughing.

Last time that happened I moved to the row of seats behind them and soaked popcorn/lollies in the last little bit of my coke. At the credits, threw it all over them, told em to off and left.
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 10:43 PM   #21
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

I hate people tapping their feet near me, it goes through the floor and into mine,
Last week, this damn EMO couple in front of us kept talking while me and the missus were watching the movie, i told the guy to shut his trap about 5 times in an hour...
He didnt listen so i said, "1 more time and you will regret it"
The Missus got fed up and wanted to leave.
She asked the damn EMO's if they wanted her popcorn, they said "yeah sure" so she tipped it on them, and i "gave them" my drink...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 10:57 PM   #22
rodderz

A few reasons to wait for the dvd

- you watch it at home in your own seat
- watch it when you want
- no tards around
- you don't have to pay $15 for popcorn and a coke
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 11:12 PM   #23
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Pet hate is the older ladies who decide to sit their and explain the whole movie to each other, being someone of the younger generation they don't really like it when you turn around and have to ask them to "be quiet..."
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2007, 06:34 AM   #24
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Mmm, whats an EMO couple? (Hides).
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2007, 09:31 AM   #25
Sloth

I remember once I had some snot nosed kid behind me who kept kicking the back of my seat, it didn't last long though as his mum made him stop. Lucky, as I felt like turning around and clouting him.

One thing that is really beyond me is how some people can pay ridiculous cinema prices for a massive popcorn, just to eat one piece it seems, then empty the rest out onto the floor at their feet. You know, when you leave the cinema and you have to step around the mountains of popcorn everywhere! :
Old 06-10-2007, 09:51 AM   #26
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
I hate people tapping their feet near me, it goes through the floor and into mine,
Last week, this damn EMO couple in front of us kept talking while me and the missus were watching the movie, i told the guy to shut his trap about 5 times in an hour...
He didnt listen so i said, "1 more time and you will regret it"
The Missus got fed up and wanted to leave.
She asked the damn EMO's if they wanted her popcorn, they said "yeah sure" so she tipped it on them, and i "gave them" my drink...
I would have cheered if I saw that
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #27
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last time i went an saw a movie, it was crap, so we absolutely trashed the place. Poored drink and popcorn everywhere, even slashed the seats witha knife!

Now Dad wont let me take his car to the drive in any more :(
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #28
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhodak
If there is a movie that i really want to watch on the big screen, I go to the first session in the morning. That way all the teenagers aren't up yet, the oldies are having their morning nap, no kiddies as the cartoons are on. Went to watch transformers at 9.30am on a Saturday and the only people in the cinema were me, a friend and some other person.
That's exactly what I do (and did this morning). There's been quite a number of times I've (we've) been the only people in the theatre watching the flick. Nothing beats your own private screening!
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #29
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
Last time i went an saw a movie, it was crap, so we absolutely trashed the place. Poored drink and popcorn everywhere, even slashed the seats witha knife!

Now Dad wont let me take his car to the drive in any more :(
Lol Hilareous, I was thinking, oh this isn't going to end well saying stuff like that on this site until i got to the last line. very funny

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2007, 07:50 PM   #30
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

six works.... Me Ute At The Drive In

can't be beat. although i have no problem with telling people to be quiet or to stop kicking my seat. just last month, a teen guy received about 5 sms on his mobile, THEN picked up a phone call! i stood up, turned around, snatched his phone and threw it across the cinema, easy fix =)

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post