Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Colder spark plugs for Au1 4.0?

G'day guys, after inspecting my spark plugs i believe they're a bit hot for my au1 4.0, they're slightly whitish grey in colour. Ive been running bosch wr9lcx plugs for a while and i want to change to a spark plug thats 1 heat range colder. Every component that could cause it to run lean are in good condition (maybe o2 sensor is a bit old), it does'nt ping and it runs cleanly to redline no problems.
Any suggestions or some good advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ps-Ive been searching but cant get the right info i'm looking for.

cheers,Maka

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
4ford

Just go to the Bosch website and check their spark plug heat range charts!
4ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #3
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ford
Just go to the Bosch website and check their spark plug heat range charts!
G'day 4ford, yeah already tried that but coudnt find much, im going to try some ngk bpr6ey-11's and see how i go. Thanks for your advice anyway.

cheers Maka
Old 18-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
4ford

I've been using NGKs for many years, without a problem!

4ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #5
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

G'day all, just done a heap of reading up on all things spark plugs and ive come to the conclusion that my plugs are fine after all! (sussing the wrong part of the plug ) My excuse is the old memory is not as it used to be! (beer binge's ect when younger lol ) especially considering i owned heaps of road & dirtbikes back in the day (2 & 4 stroke) and i did do a fair few plug chops when needed (i miss my old maico!). So thanks to those who had a read & and replied to this thread.

4ford- i'm still gonna throw in ngk's but bpr5ey-11's not the 6's (ngk's was plug of choice on the bikes, i know they're good s#*t man!)

Have a good one guy's.

cheers,Maka