Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-04-2006, 10:58 PM   #1
64compact

Default Billy Slater

????? Would he havebeen given 7 match suspension if he was the NSW Fullback ?I Don't think so. Just another decision that sucks afterall the guywas holding his left leg as he was trying to get in to dummy half. and it was only a love tap it didn't even leave a mark. soon they will be wearing helmets like in GridIron The BIG NSW Sooks, I suppose they have to Try to win the SOO somehow this year, so we can expect to see a lot more QUEENSLANDERS Suspended this year as NSW won't have Johns playing for them.

64compact is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 11:21 PM   #2
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Billy Slater is an idiot for kicking someone in the head.Regardless which state there from if you kick someone in the head you going to get a deserved punishment as even a "luv tap" in the eye can cause serious damage.

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 11:21 PM   #3
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL - build a bridge, and get over it....
Old 06-04-2006, 11:29 PM   #4
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

As has been stated, if you kick someone in the head you deserve to be punished.

Why get wound up over someone who made a ******** of himself? I like Billy Slater, but what he did was nothing short of stupid.

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 12:10 AM   #5
EF, What else?
A Bloke

If my memory serves me correctly, the Melbourne bloke who knocked a player out cold was done for 13 weeks. When you compare the two incidents, 7 weeks is a bit ridiculous. And its not like he is a serial offender, he just had a brain explosion. 2 or 3 weeks max
Old 07-04-2006, 01:36 AM   #6
EFDream
XRR83D

Hhhmmmm....Don't think I"d like to be kicked in the head with spikes and then see someone get of lightly due to not being a "serial offender". At least he's got some time to sit and think about it and perhaps watch replays and ask himself "why?".

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 11:33 AM   #7
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

Slater is an idiot, and who says he would get the QLD no.1 jumper anyway?, I believe there are more players than him who should have a go, Wesser, Bowen etc. Kick someone in the head.. Get punished, as easy as that..
APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Anthracite Leather, Sat Nav, Xenons, DSG, Sunroof, 20% Tint
ToxikXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 12:01 PM   #8
gozza

get over it

go the blues..haha...your the sook mate
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 12:25 PM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

who????
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 12:34 PM   #10
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxikXR
Slater is an idiot, and who says he would get the QLD no.1 jumper anyway?, I believe there are more players than him who should have a go, Wesser, Bowen etc. Kick someone in the head.. Get punished, as easy as that..
Yep, I agree.

Slater is a good player, but there's plenty of other Queenslanders who could do the job better than Slater at the moment, Wesser and Bowen are just two of them.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:50 PM   #11
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_SE_Ute
Yep, I agree.

Slater is a good player, but there's plenty of other Queenslanders who could do the job better than Slater at the moment, Wesser and Bowen are just two of them.
True maybe even CLinton Schifoske can get another start for the maroons now.. He seems to be one of the more consistent players running around, and he can kick a goal or two as a bonus

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 02:24 PM   #12
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Definately a conspiracy going on here.
Jeld-Wen Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 02:27 PM   #13
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64compact
????? Would he havebeen given 7 match suspension if he was the NSW Fullback ?I Don't think so. Just another decision that sucks afterall the guywas holding his left leg as he was trying to get in to dummy half. and it was only a love tap it didn't even leave a mark. soon they will be wearing helmets like in GridIron The BIG NSW Sooks, I suppose they have to Try to win the SOO somehow this year, so we can expect to see a lot more QUEENSLANDERS Suspended this year as NSW won't have Johns playing for them.
All whinge NO PROOF. You support Holden too do you?