Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
jornsmith
jornsmith

Talking Guitar Hero World Tour

Anyone else getting addicted to this game? i can't seem to pull myself away from the xbox. Playin the drums is fun and also a massive workout for the shoulders, my arms were killing me the next day when i first played it. Any other fans out there? I've started playing the songs on the guitar in hard and man it gives some major arm cramps :sm_headba

Old 31-01-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by jornsmith
Anyone else getting addicted to this game? i can't seem to pull myself away from the xbox. Playin the drums is fun and also a massive workout for the shoulders, my arms were killing me the next day when i first played it. Any other fans out there? I've started playing the songs on the guitar in hard and man it gives some major arm cramps :sm_headba

Got it on launch for the 360, but I only got the Guitar and game. I see the full set is available again, but I will wait for the Metallica GH now. I got bored of it after about 1 week.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 12:16 AM   #3
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

played it on night shift the other night ,quite fun in a group very addictive .but i kept wanting to strum as im learning real guitar lol
Old 01-02-2009, 01:24 PM   #4
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guitar Hero is fun, but you only get out of it what you put in.

If you stand there like a stiff and just push the buttons, you might as well just key a keyboard and keep pressing middle C over and over again.

You've got to get into it, move about, pull ridiculous facial expressions etc.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #5
Captain Falcon
FALCON PAWWWNCH!!!

I considered buying it, but i'd rather not have 3 guitars, electronic drums and a microphone lying about not getting used.

I got the real instruments anyway :p

Coz only hairdressers use blow dryers! :evil3:
Captain Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as a guitarist i find guitar hero hard because its just so unrealistic!
also the customer support is shocking, my brothers drum set had an issue (one of the drums stopped responding) and when my dad called up the manufacturers he was told to mail it overseas so it could be repaired... all my dad wanted to know was what the issue could possibly be so he could have a look, something may be connected wrong or it could be just some silly mistake but of course they refused to help
a little bit ridiculous if you ask me
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #7
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Stattic
go to www.activision.com/support

They have a tunign tool available for free that tthey send to you, i had the same issue, but it was in the first day, so i jsut took it back to the store for a new one.

The drums are awesome, im so unco but learning!thought the songs get too mellow towards the end and are pretty boring, needs more metal!
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 10:34 PM   #8
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84RGE
Stattic

The drums are awesome, im so unco but learning!thought the songs get too mellow towards the end and are pretty boring, needs more metal!
More metal indeed. Hence I can't wait for GHWT Metallica. Here is the setlist

http://au.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzzl...724&pid=944201

Can't ******* wait, will definitely have the drums by then.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #9
adrianb

Got it last weekend and f%#ckin lovin it! Had GH2 ages ago with the wired guitar so played a fair bit of that but lovin the drums in GHWT big time!
Old 02-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #10
ch33z1l
Dawn

Got it on PS3. Strummer on the guitar went a bit funny 3 weeks after purchase. Would only let me strum upwards ??.
ch33z1l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #11
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I ordered Rock Band from the states (great exchage rate at the time) several months ago, thus I had it months before the Aus release date. I am using it on PS2 format. A couple of months later I hear there's this rock band game coming out, and was annoyed as it seemed to be a ripoff of Rock Band. Apparently the original designers of the earlier Guitar Hero releases parted ways then came up with Rock Band. Anyway, I researched the compatability as the drumkit, as it looks so much different, and preliminary findings stated that they weren't. No way was I gonna purchase the instrument set when I already owned the Rock Band set. Anyway, I was at Target and they had the game on special, so I thought if anything, I can still rock the mic and play guitar. Tried it out, voila! everything worked fine. About half way through now. Loved the Tool songs. Too hot in the spare room to play in there, and not worth fighting over the plasma in the lounge... but anytime soon will finish it. Still unsure if I prefer Rock Band or GH world tour, it's all good. No issues whatsoever with the instruments. But my brother couldn't even play his GH world tour game on his PS2 (but all earlier GH games play fine), apparently some issue with the laser or something. Short answer, buy another console. He was not happy.
LOCO XP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post