Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-11-2006, 09:01 PM   #1
rushing on acid

Default next holden ve recall!

dont know if anyone has heard the latest problem with the ve commodores.
apparently they now have a problem with their fuel tanks, they crack along the top and fuel spills out and also you get a very strong fuel smell around the car.

could this be the next holden recall for the ve????

could this be the turning point in the market for the commodore????

only time will tell.......

if anyone has heard of this problem and if it is just one here and there or if it is more common please post.

Old 15-11-2006, 09:20 PM   #2
XPfalcon170

so is this the third or fourth recall now? as much a blue oval man that i am, i still don't like to see team red suffer with recalls like this. I'd rather see a cramry or aurion recall than the commodore
Old 15-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #3
Walkinshaw
Two > One

none of these sound as serious as ohhh i don't know bolts comming loose on a steering rack, or say, exploding tyres.

Old 15-11-2006, 09:26 PM   #4
YuGoStaR
Long Member

A fantastically constructed comment there, thanks for your stimulating input Walkinshaw.

I hope it is not a serious thing, and only a few cases.
Old 15-11-2006, 09:27 PM   #5
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
none of these sound as serious as ohhh i don't know bolts comming loose on a steering rack, or say, exploding tyres.
exactly, a fuel leak or a rear seat belt coming undone in an accident aren't serious at all...hang on yes they are.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 15-11-2006, 09:28 PM   #6
Kryton

i thought these cars were driven hundreds of thousands of Kms as test mules?
how come things like this werent picked up on the mules but have made their way into the manufacturing process?
Old 15-11-2006, 09:31 PM   #7
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

yeah , next thing you know

Holden Recalled all VE Models in its Range due to a Small Problem Found today by one of its Korean Assembly Workers , Tests Confirm that the Steering wheels are Not Being held on and they are coming of , providing no Steering and usually ending crashing and writing off the Car. Hwoa Whoahaha of Holden Korea Strongly Accuses the Slow Australian Market of Cars as 'Fast is no , we like economical , cars drive with handlebar , very good!"

More to COme ///
Daniel

Old 15-11-2006, 09:32 PM   #8
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

I'm amazed at how little rumours get momentum. This story i herd just after launch it's the same story it's moved around now a bit further it's grown.
Old 15-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #9
strife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
speaking of the exploders another one recently as well

http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recal..._ID_Auto=14449

Product Info: UP Explorer vehicles equipped with speed control. Built from 24 September 1997 to 20 January 1999 inclusive.

Defect Details: In certain circumstances the underhood speed control deactivation switch mounted on the brake master cylinder may leak and brake fluid contamination in the electrical connector may cause the wiring to overheat, smoke, or burn. This condition may occur either when the vehicle is parked or when it is being operated, even if the speed control is not in use.
Old 15-11-2006, 09:40 PM   #10
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

I don't know if this is related to the fuel line issue.
But the fuel line issue has been discussed further here...
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ll#post1068374
And here...
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ll#post1024586
And here...
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ll#post1014915
Old 15-11-2006, 09:44 PM   #11
rushing on acid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_Aussie
I'm amazed at how little rumours get momentum. This story i herd just after launch it's the same story it's moved around now a bit further it's grown.

it aint a rumour my bosses car is at holden until friday so they can fix it. i also know of another managers car going in tommorrow for the same problem.

hardley a rumour now is it?
Old 15-11-2006, 09:44 PM   #12
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Yeah - I find that most VN commodores seem to crash less when not fitted with a steering wheel...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 15-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #13
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushing on acid
it aint a rumour my bosses car is at holden until friday so they can fix it. i also know of another managers car going in tommorrow for the same problem.

hardley a rumour now is it?
This bit of info would now make it fact.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 15-11-2006, 10:50 PM   #14
xr8man83
Grunt Files

mmmm interesting the billion doolar baby is falling apart. time will tell as to if they recall it though i reckon there would be some grey haired managers at holden if the recall it again
Old 15-11-2006, 11:00 PM   #15
Ozfords
Girls! Drink! ****! ****!

Isn't it the most recalled commodore in Holden history?

Interesting aswell, it was meant to have racked up thousands of K's, then 'Drive' discover that the rear door seal lets in red dust when driving out west. A great aussie car.

Too many VZ styling cues, Astra lights, Magna rearlights, Camry boot and far too pumped front guards.

1993 ED Fairmont Sedan - I6 - Colbalt Blue
- XH Snorkel
- Superlow Kings Springs and KYB Shocks
- Cross Drilled and Slotted DBA front Discs
- 18" pre-AU GT-P Alloy Wheels
- Ford Original Bootlid Spoiler
Old 16-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #16
Wally
XP Coupe

I'm starting to realise why I have steered clear of "The Pub" and "The Bar". This forum is really just guys trying to denegrate other car brands instead of talking Ford. The tank split is old news.

Ford's own representaive in Oz made it quite clear that Ford want the VE to succeed so that the family sized car segment regains market share. What you guys are doing is hurting not only Holden, but Ford too.
Old 16-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #17
Boss 290

all i can think to say is that holden spoke too early and too much about spending 1 billion dollars. if they didnt spend so much money on ads and critiscising its opositions. maybe they would have looked more closely at the results the test mules had..thats even if they really did test the cars for as long as they said. ill admit that they really did good on power with the v8s but the 6s are lacking and i still think ba/bf falcons look nicer. cheers
Old 16-11-2006, 12:31 AM   #18
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I'm starting to realise why I have steered clear of "The Pub" and "The Bar". This forum is really just guys trying to denegrate other car brands instead of talking Ford. The tank split is old news.

Ford's own representaive in Oz made it quite clear that Ford want the VE to succeed so that the family sized car segment regains market share. What you guys are doing is hurting not only Holden, but Ford too.
Appropriate name. The Pub and Bar sections are for general car related stuff and just about anything, respectively. And if you think opposition slagging is bad on here, you haven't seen other fora have you? I would say that AFF is actually pretty tame.

I wonder does VE stand for Vehicle Explodes, or Very Explosive......?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 16-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #19
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife
This condition may occur either when the vehicle is parked or when it is being operated, even if the speed control is not in use.
Lol, as serious as the matter of safety recalls is... that's pretty funny.

Those things really were the Canyonero of the real world:

"The federal highway commission has ruled the Canyonero unsafe for highway or city driving"

PS. Underwear de-knotting required in aisle 4 for Mr Wally. Relax mate, you'll live longer.
Old 16-11-2006, 09:19 AM   #20
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Next will be the problems emerging with the LS2 v8's, and the LS6 and LS7.
Apparently the blimp's sprung a leak too.

Quote: