Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
EF_fairmont_guy
Starter Motor

Default ford capri 70's model...? what are they worth?

hi
i was just wondering what a 70's 4 door capri is worth? in ok cond no rust or very minimal, completely running, mint interior, mags ?

any ideas?

EF_fairmont_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_fairmont_guy
hi
i was just wondering what a 70's 4 door capri is worth? in ok cond no rust or very minimal, completely running, mint interior, mags ?

any ideas?
4 Door Capri ?

Was that a US model or something ?

The Euro / Aussie 60's / 70's Capri was a 2 door coupe.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
blueline
ambitious but rubbish

bonnet + boot + 2 doors = four door capri. reminds me of why chicken coops only have 2 doors, cos if they had four doors they would be a chicken sedan! seriously though mate there is no such thing as a 4 door capri.unless its been custom built...

www.themanifold.me
blueline is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 08:30 PM   #4
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueline
Seriously though mate there is no such thing as a 4 door capri.unless its been custom built...
Hey I might have missed something. Who knows what those crazy americans or asians have been building in the last 30 years !!

I for one haven't heard of a 4 door, but I wanted a 2 dr V6 GT as a kid !!
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #5
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

there was no such thing as a 4 door Capri. the price will depend on what model you go for. i am assuming you are talking about the mainstream MK1 model that was sold here and not the imported RS / Perana versions. it will also depend on whether you want the 1600 or the 3 litre V6. they are getting hard to find now in any condition. i saw one in WA that looked to be unregistered, was a 1600, in excellent condition for $7000.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 09:05 PM   #6
caprispecial

Most capris sold on ebay are in need of a complete restoration and go for between 3-6 thousand. Having said that theres a wild plum v6 on there at the moment that looks to be worth in the low 20g. If you bought one for restoration you could easily spend more than 20g doing it up. If you can find a v6 in the condition you describe you could expect to pay between 8g to 12g for it. Lately some people have been paying what some enthusiasts would describe as too much for certain cars. The thing is there are too few good capris on the market so if you see something you like then grab it even if the price is a bit high or someone else will. If your thinking 4 cylinder then they are cheaper and good ones come up for sale from time to time. If you dont want to spend years in the shed then buy the best car that you can afford. It will be cheaper in the long run.
caprispecial is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 09:15 PM   #7
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Perana :sm_drool:

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post