Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-09-2006, 05:48 PM   #1
FESTEC

Default My Time In A Fiesta Is Over

Well as some of you would have read I was selling my Fiesta to get a 2006 Focus Zetec. Well after no luck in selling it privately I ended up trading it in and getting $1k lees than what I was trying to sell it for so I was happy. Then I went and saw Nappa from here and he hooked me up with a great deal on the Focus. I originaly wanted white but I would have had to wait for it
so I ended up getting pure silver which I really like aswell. I also had a sunroof fitted which I have had before in another car and I always said if I buy a brand new car again I would get.

So a quick summary on what I thought about the Fiesta.

I HATED IT

It was noisy and the seats were uncomfortable as hell and I could never get comfortable and it killed my back.

But on saying that the handeling was great and the performance for a small engine was outstanding and petrol wise was great to and this was the main reason why I brought it.

So it is a good bye from me and thank you to every one that has given me advise even though it was very little but very appreciated.

So bring on the Focus which I get this saturday morning and I CAN'T WAIT. :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_

FESTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 07:53 PM   #2
Danny
GT4.

I hate YOU

Hahahahhahaha JK

Enjoy the focus Adrian ;)
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 08:11 PM   #3
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All the best, hope you enjoy ya new Focus and you find it meets your needs better than the Fez did.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 08:43 PM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

What a shame you 'HATED' the Fiesta. I thought they were quite good, especially for the price! Name another new hatch that is just as much fun and has funky european styling...

Anyway, Congrats on the Focus Zetec purchase! Are you sure though that it's going to perform much better then the Fiesta Zetec? I do believe the Fiesta handles better then the big brother (more lateral Gs). Sure, it isn't as quick in a straight line, but surely it is more fun :P. Also, your in the same problem as you were in with the Fiesta - the engine is shared with the base models!

Good luck with it!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 08:46 PM   #5
Danny
GT4.

I drove A focus Zetec. I love their styling, but TBH I felt that they were wanting on performance. It didn't feel much quicker than the Fez, and it felt Hella Heavy!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 09:38 PM   #6
photn
AFF Post NAZI

hey FESTEC...what happens when u find something about the Focus that you dont like.....i bet you will trade that in then buy XR6 or something rather....didnt you take the FEZ for a test drive......if you didnt like the seats when u drove it then why on earth did you buy it......im sorry a small reletively cheap car with awesum european styling didnt appeal to you...you get what you pay for.....im sorry it didnt appeal to your HIGH standards.....anymaybee next time you "HATE" something here are a couple of ideas......DONT WRITE IT IN BIG BOLD LETTERS so that everyone can see and esspecially in the same section.....Dont buy the car if you dont like it......and im sorry that the fez didnt compare to your previous cars....im SORRY

Last edited by photn; 04-09-2006 at 09:48 PM.
photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 09:50 PM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
here here...

hey FESTEC...what happens when u find something about the Focus that you dont like.....i bet you will trade that in then buy XR6 or something rather....didnt you take the FEZ for a test drive......if you didnt like the seats when u drove it then why on earth did you buy it......im sorry a small reletively cheap car with awesum european styling didnt appeal to you...you get what you pay for.....im sorry it didnt appeal to your HIGH standards.....anymaybee next time you "HATE" something here are a couple of ideas......DONT WRITE IT IN BIG BOLD LETTERS so that everyone can see and esspecially in the same section.....Dont buy the car if you dont like it......and im sorry that the fez didnt compare to your previous cars....im SORRY
Whoa - Calm down mate! :P

I guess that is just his opinion. I sort of agree with his comments about the seats. They do make my back ache after a while, and after sitting in Matt's (Zetec's) Focus Mk1 Zetec the other day, I can't understand why the Fiesta couldn't have those big side bolsters too!

It must be said - not everyone likes the Fiesta. Sure, there are some bad points about the Fiesta, however overall I do believe they are a great small hatch. Much better then the competition (for Fun, Style and Packaging - maybe not for Practicality or Price)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 04-09-2006, 09:50 PM   #8
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dude seriously the fiesta is a small cheap car. Of course its not gonna be whisper quiet or have the best seats but what do you expect from an entry level car?

The focus is a great car and a nice upgrade. It doesn't have the same level of grip as the fez but is nice and balanced. Give it some sticky tyres and it will be just like the fez.

Good luck with your car
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #9
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good luck with the Focus.

Hope you don't get any of the South African build quality problems that so many suffer from. Make sure you check it over completely before accepting it. ;)
Old 04-09-2006, 10:44 PM   #10
Swaytan
Swaytan

Who wants a quiet car? Not I...
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 11:48 AM   #11
FESTEC

Thanks every one for there well wishes and yea I will go over it with a fine tooth comb don't you worry about that.

Now photn, mate I think you should just take a chill pill. I have had some very nice cars ie 2002 WRX, Mazda 3 SP23, so I do know what is good and bad and when I test drove the Fiesta(money was the reason why I brought it) I did notice that the seats were crap and uncomfortable but I thought I would just put up with it but in the end I could not do it anymore. And yea to tell you the truth I will never be happy with any car I buy unlees it is a supercar which I probably will find something wrong with that. So mate as I said it was probably abit childish of me to use the I HATED IT in big letters but that is really how I do feel about the car.

But enough of that, I just heard that my car will be ready on saturday so I CAN'T wait.

Once I have driven it for the weekend I will let you all know what I think of it and the difference I notice between the fez and the Focus.

Cheers

Festec
Old 05-09-2006, 09:11 PM   #12
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Festec - wouldn't the Zetec be similar to a Mazda3 SP23?

Old 06-09-2006, 10:32 AM   #13
FESTEC

Teki04 yea they are sort of the same the Mazda 3 is a bit more petrol hungry at about 9.3lt/100km where the Focus is 7.1lt/100km and yes I know this is only on paper but the Mazda chewed the fuel. I really liked the mazda but I am a Ford fan so hence the reason why I brought the Fiesta and also it helped me get out of a financal situation that I was in. So yea they are much the same.