Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
SJG351
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Factory Workshop Manual

Ok does anyone have the Ford Factory Worshop Manual for their Focus? I have always had one for my cars but i stopped buying Fords about the time of fuel injection Anyway the worshop manuals i see for sale for my daughters 2006 zetec seem to be from the states? or downloads and stuff? will a US manual cover the oz models or is there an oz version?
cheers.

SJG351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 
Default Re: Factory Workshop Manual

Its the UK one that you want. The US Focus is different to the European/Australian model.

This is the one I recommend: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Focu...item2a21fa35da
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

As far as I know there are differences between US and Aust. models. As DZ just said (beat me to the post) UK models are the ones to go with The yanks always have to be different
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
SJG351
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Thanks Gentlemen but i have to say the Yanks have the best toys
Old 18-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
SJG351
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Far Out just found out the Factory Manual is 4 volumes and $800 does that say they dont want you fixing your own car or what?
Old 18-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #6
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

The Haynes ones are pretty good.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #7
SJG351
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Yeh i know the Haynes stuff is ok, but believe me guys compared to the factory manuals chalk and cheese. Factory manuals list every clip, bolt, screw, tape, compound.... how it is installed or removed with lots of diagrams so the sevice guys can fix your car when you bring it in I know not all service guys are dodgy but this forum sure makes you want to be wary of them, unless i can scam a factory manual somehow i will end up with the Haynes/Gregories one anyway.
Cheers.
Old 28-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
numloxx

Any idea where I can get the factory manual? the State Library of WA only has the LRR (Mark 1?) which is 1998-2005, but I've got a 2008. I've heard something about Microcat, is that an online workshop manual website? How does one obtain access to it?
numloxx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #9
SJG351
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by numloxx View Post
Any idea where I can get the factory manual? the State Library of WA only has the LRR (Mark 1?) which is 1998-2005, but I've got a 2008. I've heard something about Microcat, is that an online workshop manual website? How does one obtain access to it?
The spare parts counter at any Ford dealer $800.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:13 AM   #10
Gman569
Starter Motor

has anyone come across a free workshop manual yet? i have a 2008 focus and have searched everywhere with no luck!!
thanks in advance
Gman569 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2014, 09:46 PM   #11
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

closest Ive come across is a publication by the Ford Service training institute & its called the LS Focus - New Model Introduction Its pretty good it covers more than the Haynes manual but is not as comprehensive as the normal workshop manual
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: